Obama s transparency

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgt17-HxVE]YouTube - Obama Tells Mayors to Spend Stimulus Wisely[/ame]

Now, what is required in return, what I will need from all of you, is unprecedented responsibility and accountability on all of our parts. (The video above starts here -> ) The American people are watching. They need this plan to work. They expect to see the money that they've earned, that they've worked so hard to earn, spent in its intended purposes without waste, without inefficiency, without fraud.

And that's why I'm assigning a team of managers to ensure that every dollar is spent wisely. And that's why we've created recovery.gov -- so that every American can go online to see how their money is spent, and hold their federal, state, and local officials to the highest standards they expect.

So I want to be clear about this: We cannot tolerate business as usual -- not in Washington, not in our state capitols, not in America's cities and towns. We will use the new tools that the recovery act gives us to watch the taxpayers' money with more rigor and transparency than ever. (Applause.) If a federal agency proposes a project that will waste that money, I will not hesitate to call them out on it and put a stop to it.

And I want everybody here to be on notice that if a local government does the same, I will call them out on it and use the full power of my office and our administration to stop it. We have asked for the unprecedented trust of the American people to deal boldly with the greatest economic crisis we've seen in decades and the privilege of investing unprecedented amounts of their hard-earned money to address this crisis. And with that comes unprecedented obligations to spend that money wisely -- free from politics and free from personal agendas.

On this, I will not compromise or tolerate any shortcuts. The American people are looking to us, each of you, as well as myself and Joe and others in our administration, for leadership, and it's up to us to reward their faith.
source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press...ice-President-at-Meeting-with-Nations-Mayors/

I m impressed with Obama's real warning towards mayors and also the actions that he already took like this website for example: Recovery.gov . What do you guys think about it?

Do you think that the mayors will receive this the good way or do you think they might feel insulted by this and feel that they are treated like little school boys?

Last edited:
I think it will fall on Deaf Ears, and most of this money will not be spent Wisely.

Do you think his website will be as transparent as he promises? And that he will act, is that credible to you?

I think it will fall on Deaf Ears, and most of this money will not be spent Wisely.

that was a foregone conclusion when obamalama signed the bill,, you think schwartzie in califonia is gonna spend the 30 million wisely on Nancy's mouse/.. give us all a break and stfu about transparency,, if transparency was what he wanted the bill would have been posted online and open for discussion for a week before he signed it..

that was a foregone conclusion when obamalama signed the bill,, you think schwartzie in califonia is gonna spend the 30 million wisely on Nancy's mouse/..

Lol , there is no Nancy mouse : I heard that yesterday on TV : CNN was "fact checking" that. The guy just wanted some attention: that s the kind of bullshit you pull of when you have no good arguments, you know?

give us all a break and stfu about transparency,, if transparency was what he wanted the bill would have been posted online and open for discussion for a week before he signed it..

That is the problem, he didn't have a week. Each week he wasted the problem would be bigger and his bill would become less effective (and he d be needing an even bigger bill as a result).

Last edited:

that was a foregone conclusion when obamalama signed the bill,, you think schwartzie in califonia is gonna spend the 30 million wisely on Nancy's mouse/..

Lol , their is no Nancy mouse : I heard that yesterday on TV : CNN was "fact checking" that. They guy just wanted some attention: that s the kind of bullshit you pull of when you have no good arguments, you know?

give us all a break and stfu about transparency,, if transparency was what he wanted the bill would have been posted online and open for discussion for a week before he signed it..

That is the problem, he didn't have a week. Each week he wasted the problem would be bigger and his bill would become less effective (and he d be needing an even bigger bill as a result).

No Nancy's Mouse? link?

Lol , their is no Nancy mouse : I heard that yesterday on TV : CNN was "fact checking" that. They guy just wanted some attention: that s the kind of bullshit you pull of when you have no good arguments, you know?

No Nancy's Mouse? link?

PolitiFact | No money in the stimulus for San Francisco mice

We spend $1 TRILLION saving Iraq?

We can spend $1 trillion saving the United States, I think.

Yes, much of it will be what many of you think is a waste.

Much of it will be what I think is waste, too.

We might tend not to agree on which spending is wasted, though.

That's politics, isn't it?

Obama was up to his ears in Chicago/Illinois politics. His real expectations would be based on his real experiences. 'Nuff said.'

Forum List

Back