Obama/Romney Popularity

I am not happy with any candidate but i will vote for who wins the nomination. Obama has got to be voted out for all our sakes. Anyone who doesn't realize that, is pretty dense.

Having said that, I'd say the more telling numbers are in the candidates' popularity/likability.

Thirty-four percent hold a favorable opinion of Romney, the lowest for any leading presidential candidate in ABC/Post polls in primary seasons since 1984.

Obama, for his part, remains above water — 53 percent favorable,

The 34% seems to be reflective that Romney has consistently received less than 50% of the vote in nearly all the primary elections to date - another statistic those people should be concerned with but continue to ignore.

Wasn't Michael Dukakis from Massachusetts, as well as their Governor ???

Last edited:
Having said that, I'd say the more telling numbers are in the candidates' popularity/likability.

Thirty-four percent hold a favorable opinion of Romney, the lowest for any leading presidential candidate in ABC/Post polls in primary seasons since 1984.

Obama, for his part, remains above water — 53 percent favorable,

The 34% seems to be reflective that Romney has consistently received less than 50% of the vote in nearly all the primary elections to date - another statistic those people should be concerned with but continue to ignore.

Wasn't Michael Dukakis from Massachusetts as well (and their Governor) ???

Compared to the Newt & Santorum, Romney IS likable. :D

There have been a lot of polls out that show Obama beating Romney in a head-to-head match up. It's still too early for any poll to accurately predict the outcome of the general election - if any poll could ever predict the outcome. Having said that, I'd say the more telling numbers are in the candidates' popularity/likability. Romney is not even close to Obama in popularity. Maybe it translates to votes, maybe not; but Romney and his camp can't be too happy with these numbers, and given Romney's foot-in-mouth disease and inability to connect with the common person, I don't see his numbers improving.

Record Number See Romney Negatively; Obama Outpaces Him in Popularity - ABC News

Mitt Romney trails Barack Obama by 19 points in basic popularity as the 2012 presidential contest inches closer to the main event, with a record 50 percent of Americans in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll now rating Romney unfavorably overall.

Thirty-four percent hold a favorable opinion of Romney, the lowest for any leading presidential candidate in ABC/Post polls in primary seasons since 1984. His unfavorable score is higher than Obama ever has received; it’s been exceeded by just one other Republican candidate this year, Newt Gingrich, and by only one top candidate in 28 years, Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Obama, for his part, remains above water — 53 percent favorable, 43 percent unfavorable in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates . It’s Obama’s third consecutive month with a rating more than 50 percent positive, after dipping to 47 percent in September, the lowest of his presidency.

Sadly, most voters are identity voters. That's why Gore and Kerry lost. It sure wasn't based on Bush's policies, which most people didn't like. Likability is huge, people don't seem to like Romney. As long as Romney keeps on putting his foot in his mouth, such as joking about his father laying people off, he's toast.

I remember when Bill Clinton was sagging in the polls and he went on Arsenio Hall and played his sax and talked about his cat. It was like magic.
Anything can happen. If gas goes to $6/gal people will look to a savvy businessman to get us out of it.

Romney was no Mr. Personality on Jay Leno. The only thing he said which I thought was close to funny was that he'd make Santurum his press secretary, after Rick swore out a reporter. Yes, Clinton blew things away on Arsenio and Bush melted and charmed Oprah. Mittens is no Clinton or Bush, and forget about him connecting with people like Obama does. Bush's approval ratings were going down the toilet when he ran against Kerry, because the war was going bad and people didn't like his response to Katrina. Didn't matter, Kerry seemed too stiff and aloof, so Bush was reelected. People aren't going to vote for anyone they don't feel they can connect with.

Very few policy wonks in the real world.

Forum List

Back