Obama, Romney line up elite lawyers for potential election disputes

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Obama, Romney line up elite lawyers for potential election disputes | Reuters

Obama, Romney line up elite lawyers for potential election disputes :clap2:

In 2004, Ginsberg came under criticism from Democrats for his double duty as general counsel to Bush's campaign and adviser to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an independent group that aired commercials criticizing the military record of Democratic nominee John Kerry.

ROMNEY EXPOSED!!!

I love this shit!!

[youtube]a37bBm8pXSk[/youtube]

Bauer has led the Obama campaign's efforts to turn back new voting restrictions passed by Republican-led legislatures.

In July, the campaign sued the state of Ohio for ending early voting the weekend before the November 6 election.

Democrats said the law could have excluded many working-class voters who take advantage of early voting periods because they can't make it to the polls on Election Day.

Such voters tend to vote for Democrats, who have accused Republicans of trying to suppress the vote through new election laws in more than 20 states.

Ohio's Supreme Court recently struck down the law.

In a memo co-authored with deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter last week, Bauer said new voting laws - including those that require voters to show photo identification - will have a minimal impact on the November 6 election.

The memo concluded that Obama's campaign and its allies have successfully used the courts and public opinion to reverse Republican attempts to restrict access to voting. The memo's implied message: The legal battle in this election is underway, and we are winning.

A Romney campaign official, who declined to discuss specifics of the Republican's legal strategy, said the campaign is prepared, too: "We have all the resources and infrastructure we need for any potential dispute or recount."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back