Obama, Romney eat chili, talk leadership

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Good to see the two former rivals reconcile and let bygones be bygones. Only in America! Is this country great, or what?

Obama, Romney eat chili, talk leadership - Political Eye - CBS News

In their first face-to-face meeting since the third and final presidential debate, former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney joined President Obama for a private lunch at the White House today, where he and Mr. Obama chowed down on white turkey chili and Southwestern grilled chicken salad while discussing America's leadership in the world.

Someone on CNN was eager to know the menu. Sounds good ---discussing world leadership would have given me indigestion. Another characteristic of an individual who considers running for the highest office--cast iron digestive tract?

Thinking of all the things they must have eaten along the campaign trail. I was concerned that either or both might not last much longer.

Meanwhile--I believe I heard earlier today that the lighting of the WH tree took place last night. I searched futilely for this last Thursday night and decided it must occur later. I thought there was a giant tree on the mall in DC, but am no longer certain of that?

Someone on CNN was eager to know the menu. Sounds good ---discussing world leadership would have given me indigestion. Another characteristic of an individual who considers running for the highest office--cast iron digestive tract?

Thinking of all the things they must have eaten along the campaign trail. I was concerned that either or both might not last much longer.

Meanwhile--I believe I heard earlier today that the lighting of the WH tree took place last night. I searched futilely for this last Thursday night and decided it must occur later. I thought there was a giant tree on the mall in DC, but am no longer certain of that?

Tonight is clear with a low of 36 so I would think probably not on lightening last night. West coast is being battered by storms though. That might have been what you heard.

Good to see the two former rivals reconcile and let bygones be bygones. Only in America! Is this country great, or what?

In their first face-to-face meeting since the third and final presidential debate, former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney joined President Obama for a private lunch at the White House today, where he and Mr. Obama chowed down on white turkey chili and Southwestern grilled chicken salad while discussing America's leadership in the world.

They are simply continuing a tradition, It is tradition that the Winner and Loser meet like this after the Election.

So please don't start crediting Obama with Compromising simply because he honored a tradition and sat down with Romney.

lol

You are a bullshit dogshit eating asswipe. it was bamie needing a photo op nothing more, he's about as sincere as a one night stand with Sandra Fluke.

They are simply continuing a tradition, It is tradition that the Winner and Loser meet like this after the Election.

So please don't start crediting Obama with Compromising simply because he honored a tradition and sat down with Romney.

lol

It is not a tradition. Compromising? What are you rambling about? Calm down will you please?

I wonder how many times the slimey bastard said "We won"? I hope Gov. Romney was counting.

You are a bullshit dogshit eating asswipe. it was bamie needing a photo op nothing more, he's about as sincere as a one night stand with Sandra Fluke.

LOL... butthurts?

Last edited:

LOL... butthurts?

She needs a litte
Baby_POWDER.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if Obama listened and learned when Romney talked about leadership or did he just vote "present"

I commend President Obama for having Gov. Romney to the White House. If this were any other Nation, not so sure we could have this. The opposition leader might be shot.

Forum List

Back