Obama resurrection?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Why the winds are shifting toward Obama - CNN.com

In a mid-November survey, when asked which candidate they were more likely to support, registered voters gave Mitt Romney a lead of 4 percentage points over Obama, 51% to 47%. The mid-December survey found an 11-point switch; Obama now has a 52%-45% edge over Romney. Against Newt Gingrich, Obama has a 16-point lead, 56%-40%. (Ironically, the one Republican candidate who does as well against Obama as Romney is Rep Ron Paul, trailing by the same 52%-45% margin.)

Obama hasn't even started running for president.

He's pretty much ignored the right wingers. And what do they have? They attack him for buying 40 bucks worth of Christmas presents? Pretty lame if you ask me.

There is really only one legit candidate in the GOP field, and it seems the far right is doing everything it can to push him to 2nd place. Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain, and now Newt have tried to displace Romney. There is a reason he has staying power. He is the only real threat to Obama's second term. But don't tell the Tea Party that.

Everyone except some rightwing nutcases hate Gingrich.

Everyone hates Romney.

It will take an economic calamity that none of us with brains would ever want to see to get the People to hate Obama more than either of those two.

Of course,

there's still the Rick Santorum surge to enjoy...

Everyone except some rightwing nutcases hate Gingrich.

Everyone hates Romney.

It will take an economic calamity that none of us with brains would ever want to see to get the People to hate Obama more than either of those two.

Of course,

there's still the Rick Santorum surge to enjoy...

Naaa, no one can HATE anyone like you lefties do...You hate everyone that isn't in your political party. American people, radio host, tv personalities, writers, and the list goes on and on and on and on..

There is really only one legit candidate in the GOP field, and it seems the far right is doing everything it can to push him to 2nd place. Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain, and now Newt have tried to displace Romney. There is a reason he has staying power. He is the only real threat to Obama's second term. But don't tell the Tea Party that.

Why, would you say, is that the case?

Why the winds are shifting toward Obama - CNN.com

In a mid-November survey, when asked which candidate they were more likely to support, registered voters gave Mitt Romney a lead of 4 percentage points over Obama, 51% to 47%. The mid-December survey found an 11-point switch; Obama now has a 52%-45% edge over Romney. Against Newt Gingrich, Obama has a 16-point lead, 56%-40%. (Ironically, the one Republican candidate who does as well against Obama as Romney is Rep Ron Paul, trailing by the same 52%-45% margin.)

The Media and his supporters are doing their Best to Manufacture a "resurgence" But Nothing can change the Facts. Americans know what and who Obama is now. No free ride in 2012.

Because Mitt is perceived as...wait...wait...A MODERATE! Yes, the dreaded moderate which is only surpassed by the PROGRESSIVE.

Sorry, I have to leave for a moment and wash my mouth out with soap...

Because Mitt is perceived as...wait...wait...A MODERATE! Yes, the dreaded moderate which is only surpassed by the PROGRESSIVE.

Oh brother..

So, in other words, (in your view) the only hope of anyone defeating Obama, is if they're someone just like Obama? What's the point in that?

As Gergen notes, the actual shift in electoral prospects is unclear (Intrade showed no significant gains for Obama, and changes in polling numbers can be fleeting). However, the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/23/u...ry-was-aided-by-republicans.html?ref=politics) made an interesting point about how this changes Obama's dynamic with Congress, rather than the voters. The payroll tax cuts have left Republicans more divided and Democrats more united. While gridlock still seems to be the order of the day in Washington, the odds of progressive legislation (such as the other parts of Obama's proposed jobs bill) seem to have grown somewhat.

So, in other words, (in your view) the only hope of anyone defeating Obama, is if they're someone just like Obama? What's the point in that?

Because over half the people don't believe the Obama deserves to be reelected, so if the Republican get someone just like him...he might stand a chance...? lol

:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:
Don't worry Republicans. There is always "voter suppression". You guys are really good at dragging down what makes America special. If you can destroy and subvert that, you can destroy and subvert anything.

Don't worry Republicans. There is always "voter suppression". You guys are really good at dragging down what makes America special. If you can destroy and subvert that, you can destroy and subvert anything.

:eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back