Obama Repeatedly Ripped Bush, Promised Never to Repeat Katrina

because the psycotic maxine waters is so mainstream and everyone defends her :cuckoo:

go back and listen to michele bachman the nutbar some more.

maxine waters psychotic or not votes in the house on bills that affect all of us.. just like that crazy dude who tipped over china.. :lol::lol:

Federal law may limit BP liability in oil spill
A federal law may limit how much BP has to pay for damages such as lost wages and economic suffering in the Gulf Coast oil spill, despite President Barack Obama's assurances that taxpayers will not be on the hook.

A law passed in response to the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska makes BP responsible for cleanup costs. But the law sets a $75 million limit on other kinds of damages.

Whoops!

Nice find. But don't look for ANY new permits for any drilling offshore as China, Cuba, and others siphon it. [And what Of China's Safety record in these endeavours]? That's right? WE owe them so it doesn't matter.

Your backwards and inverted world view is showing. Instead of demanding China and others improve, you would have us all race to the bottom?

:eek:

Whoops!

Nice find. But don't look for ANY new permits for any drilling offshore as China, Cuba, and others siphon it. [And what Of China's Safety record in these endeavours]? That's right? WE owe them so it doesn't matter.

Your backwards and inverted world view is showing. Instead of demanding China and others improve, you would have us all race to the bottom?

Rather stong argument on your part. Too bad it isn't what I said...and your ignorence shows on this topic. We are safer than anyone sport.

But muddle on won't you? Your twisting of words and meaning is known to me. And it doesn't work thugboy.

Whoops!

Rather stong argument on your part. Too bad it isn't what I said...and your ignorence shows on this topic. We are safer than anyone sport.

But muddle on won't you? Your twisting of words and meaning is known to me. And it doesn't work thugboy.

sport? what are you channeling Madonna?

I inferred we are safer...but when you complain about China you are demanding we are too safe---we should relax rules and race to the bottom.

sport? what are you channeling Madonna?

I inferred we are safer...but when you complain about China you are demanding we are too safe---we should relax rules and race to the bottom.

Isn't at all what I said or even implied. Again? *I* restate my assertion. Has Nothing to do with China's -Safety Record- Quite the opposite. But you're aware of assumptions, aren't you? You're twisting of words to save face doesn't work.

Wanna try for strike THREE?

:eusa_think:

I'm engineer with 25 years of experience. I've worked on some big projects with big machines. Maybe that's why this mess is so clear to me.

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

When the rig sank it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet under the ocean.

Now they've got a hole in the ocean floor, 5,000 feet down with a wrecked oil drilling rig sitting on top of it spewing 200,000 barrels of oil a day into the ocean. Take a moment and consider that, will you!

First they have to get the oil rig off the hole to get at it in order to try to cap it. Do you know the level of effort it will take to move that wrecked oil rig, sitting under 5,000 feet of water? That operation alone would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Then, how do you cap that hole in the muddy ocean floor? There just is no way. No way.

The only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. I'm not kidding. If they put a nuke down there in the right spot it might seal up the hole. Nothing short of that will work.

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

We're so used to our politicians creating false crises to forward their criminal agendas that we aren't recognizing that we're staring straight into possibly the greatest disaster mankind will ever see. Imagine what happens if that oil keeps flowing until it destroys all life in the oceans of this planet. Who knows how big of a reservoir of oil is down there.

Not to mention that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen level in the atmosphere for human life.

We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that.

I hope this guy is wrong.

schemadeveloppmentdalia.jpg

Last edited:
A federal law may limit how much BP has to pay for damages such as lost wages and economic suffering in the Gulf Coast oil spill, despite President Barack Obama's assurances that taxpayers will not be on the hook.

A law passed in response to the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska makes BP responsible for cleanup costs. But the law sets a $75 million limit on other kinds of damages.

Whoops!

Don't whip it out yet, Tommy.

Kenneth Baer, spokesman for the Office of Management and Budget, also noted that if BP were found to have acted negligently in the spill or to have violated federal laws, the damages cap under the Oil Pollution Act would be lifted.

Baer said BP could also be held liable under additional federal or state laws.

I'm engineer with 25 years of experience. I've worked on some big projects with big machines. Maybe that's why this mess is so clear to me.

First, the BP platform was drilling for what they call deep oil. They go out where the ocean is about 5,000 feet deep and drill another 30,000 feet into the crust of the earth. This it right on the edge of what human technology can do. Well, this time they hit a pocket of oil at such high pressure that it burst all of their safety valves all the way up to the drilling rig and then caused the rig to explode and sink. Take a moment to grasp the import of that. The pressure behind this oil is so high that it destroyed the maximum effort of human science to contain it.

When the rig sank it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet under the ocean.

Now they've got a hole in the ocean floor, 5,000 feet down with a wrecked oil drilling rig sitting on top of it spewing 200,000 barrels of oil a day into the ocean. Take a moment and consider that, will you!

First they have to get the oil rig off the hole to get at it in order to try to cap it. Do you know the level of effort it will take to move that wrecked oil rig, sitting under 5,000 feet of water? That operation alone would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Then, how do you cap that hole in the muddy ocean floor? There just is no way. No way.

The only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. I'm not kidding. If they put a nuke down there in the right spot it might seal up the hole. Nothing short of that will work.

If we can't cap that hole that oil is going to destroy the oceans of the world. It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. Are you starting to get the magnitude of this?

We're so used to our politicians creating false crises to forward their criminal agendas that we aren't recognizing that we're staring straight into possibly the greatest disaster mankind will ever see. Imagine what happens if that oil keeps flowing until it destroys all life in the oceans of this planet. Who knows how big of a reservoir of oil is down there.

Not to mention that the oceans are critical to maintaining the proper oxygen level in the atmosphere for human life.

We're humped. Unless God steps in and fixes this. No human can. You can be sure of that.

Probably not.

Maybe the Mayans were right after all.

And people are going to believe obama saying the "taxpayers will not be on the hook"...sure. Just wait - gas prices are going to SOAR, this is how we'll be paying for this!

I notice the utter lack of rebuttal(s) from the Statist Members of this board. -Typical- They know when they've been lied to again from their Messiah.

The guy who can rarely make a post without putting the word statist in it is bitching about the STATE supposedly not doing enough to fix a private enterprise for-profit capitalist fuck up? Stop.

Tell me this. What agency of the US government is supposed to be fully equipped and funded and manned and on 24 hour standby to respond to a private company's oil spill evemt 50 miles offshore. Where are their facilities located? Who runs that? What's their budget?

I notice the utter lack of rebuttal(s) from the Statist Members of this board. -Typical- They know when they've been lied to again from their Messiah.

SO...you are calling for.................MORE government...WHO is a 'Statist'?

I thought 'private entities" a.k.a. BP were much more efficient and competent.

What's to worry about, your Messiah, Rush 'Porky Pig' Limbaugh the climate scientist, is all over this issue.

Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is Natural

Rush Limbaugh says there's no reason to spend millions of dollars cleaning up that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The conservative radio host said the spill is a natural occcurence:

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

Limbaugh pointed out that the 5,000 barrels of oil a day reaching the shore is roughly the natural level from the seepage that leaks out of the bottom of the Gulf.

porky.gif

All The Madman Obama and his master Rahm Emanuel are doing right now is trying to figure out how they can capitalize on this crisis while pointing the finger at the former Administration at the same time. The fucking dunce Obama just said a few weeks ago that he is gonna expand Off Shore Oil drilling. What a gang of carpetbagging bottomfeeders. They don't come much worse than these maggots. ~BH

Exactly. Obama screwed the pooch before he screwed it...And [Another Story] Charlie Crist who was FOR offshore drilling before last week said NO WAY now...To spite that the occurences of this type are rare.

Hmmmm........[Yes another thread in the works methinks...] ;)

Thanks Brother BH.

Always a pleasure bro. ~BH

The guy who can rarely make a post without putting the word statist in it is bitching about the STATE supposedly not doing enough to fix a private enterprise for-profit capitalist fuck up? Stop.

Tell me this. What agency of the US government is supposed to be fully equipped and funded and manned and on 24 hour standby to respond to a private company's oil spill evemt 50 miles offshore. Where are their facilities located? Who runs that? What's their budget?

the problem is that they don't know what the word statist means, but they love using it. then they argue with you that they don't need to apply real meanings to words.

then they wonder why no one takes them seriously.

Well, I for one see a few holes in his presentation, though a very convincing one to those who have their heads stuck up their asses concerning the subject. First of all, He claims that there is some hole in the mud that can't be capped? Complete bullcrap. What is sticking up is the Oil Prevention valve, Look it up. So thank god they can cap it eventually. I share his concerns for the wreckage at that depth, but we and others have raised wrecked subs and ships much further down. And don't tell me that 100% of the wreckage is on top of the leak when it all had to fall 1 mile, or 5000 feet with strong currents.

Then he says that it would take years and hundreds of millions to accomplish. Well, I could care less about the cost as long as BP pays for it, but don't tell me it will take years because I know we are better than that. Believe me, Every 10 seconds that goes by with this nightmare makes me even more sick to my stomach. I may be a right-winger, but I am a hardcore Environmentalist. I am realistic though, I am not in the wacko club, sorry Al Gore.

Anyway, I also don't buy that It only takes one quart of motor oil to make 250,000 gallons of ocean water toxic to wildlife. That sounds like some Granola gulping red diaper doper baby hippie from Berkeley's opinion. Which brings up my next point. Underwater Volcano Eruptions have been known to cause Natural Oil leaks, Look it up. Either way, this is a Man made disaster though, and it's horrible.

One of a few things that I agree with this cat on is the "deep Oil" drilling. These greedy pukes have to do this? No they don't. It's safer on land anyway. You can control accidents like this more so on land. That's not to say that you can in the Artic either, cause your drilling through Glaciers which could result in the same kind of habitat destruction. So you pukes that grab yourselves by your ankles for anything that the Oil companies do can smoke a pole on that one.

Finally, He lost me when he suggested that we drop a Nuke down there in order to "hope" that it cover it up?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You fucking dumb shit! It would probably open the hole to the size of a Home Depot. Not too mention the effects on Wildlife and Humans in regards to Radiation that would continue to effect the surrounding area for atleast a century. What a moron. Talk about creating an even bigger problem than the original. Course, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

To finish, I just want to say that with todays technology this could have been prevented. No one Party is to blame. It's the Out of control Internationalist Corporations and the greedy gutless carpetbagging politicians on both sides who get political contributions from them who are to blame. Weak regulation comes from all the bottomfeeders in D.C. So shut the fuck up about blaming everyting on one Party or President. This is a nightmare for everyday people who need to feed their families and an even bigger nightmare for the Wildlife and habitat that are the biggest victims of this greedy game. ~BH

the problem is that they don't know what the word statist means, but they love using it. then they argue with you that they don't need to apply real meanings to words.

then they wonder why no one takes them seriously.

One of their problems is thinking that Mark Levin is worth listening to.

Forum List

Back