Obama repackages stimulus plans with old promises

Does anyone believe this guy anymore?

We had to rush the spending/stimulus bill into signing even though 100% of Congress had not read the whole thing and only 5% has has been spent.... WTF? If it was such an emergency why isn't the money being spent????:cuckoo:

My Way News - Obama repackages stimulus plans with old promises

Why?

Because some of us understand this, maybe?

"It takes time to organize projects, to get the bids in, the funds out and the work started," said Nigel Gault, chief U.S. economist at IHS Global Insight.

Why?

"It takes time to organize projects, to get the bids in, the funds out and the work started," said Nigel Gault, chief U.S. economist at IHS Global Insight.

I wonder if he's one of those paid spammers. Cause seriously no one could post the trash he does with a straight face.

As to his purported question... as always, I get to point out the "is the country going in the right direction" numbers... they've actually even gone up a little bit...

so the rightwingnut and his friends really need to take their heads out of their butts.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

I want a job as a paid spammer.

I could do a much better job defending the neocons agenda than most of the lunatics on this board do, ya' know.

WTF? If it was such an emergency why isn't the money being spent????:cuckoo:
Hey it takes time to convince the Chinese to lend us more money and for the Fed to monetize more debt, give 'em a break.

I found this part of the story particularly poignant:
"Neither the acceleration nor the jobs goal are new. Both represent a White House repackaging of promises and projects to blunt criticism that the effects haven't been worth the historic price tag. And the job estimate is so murky, it can never be verified.

The economy has shed 1.6 million jobs since the stimulus measure was signed in February, far overshadowing White House announcements estimating the effort has saved 150,000 jobs. Public opinion of Obama's handling of the economy has declined along with the jobs data."

Typical Washington bullshit, make vague promises you can never hope to keep then immediately begin backtracking after you've got the funds allocated.

Yep this is "Change We Can Believe In" alright .....can't wait for Act II.

We had to rush the spending/stimulus bill into signing even though 100% of Congress had not read the whole thing and only 5% has has been spent.... WTF? If it was such an emergency why isn't the money being spent????:cuckoo:

Why?

Some of us also understand the VAST MAJORITY of the money will NEVER be used for new projects at all. And the tired old lie that the projects were all SHOVEL READY would be proven yet again. You do REMEMBER Obama making this claim RIGHT?

Why?

I wonder if he's one of those paid spammers. Cause seriously no one could post the trash he does with a straight face.

As to his purported question... as always, I get to point out the "is the country going in the right direction" numbers... they've actually even gone up a little bit...

so the rightwingnut and his friends really need to take their heads out of their butts.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country

Ahh yes Jillian the TROLL LEADER on the board resorting to her usual leftoid tactics. Claim someone that posts something she does not like is a paid spammer, or works for X Corporation, or is a SECRET high muckied muck in the Republican Party.

In other words try to raise the rabble against them so even though what they post is true and factual you can get everyone to ignore the message and attack the messenger.

Why?

Edict honey,, why didn't they take the time to organize projects, bid on them and then vote for the funds.. seems like they kinda did things azz backwards dosen't it?? why ram legislation through without doing your homework and organization.. makes em look like the incompetents they are doesn't it?? and some people want to entrust their health care to the dimly lit bulbs..:lol:

Obama is claiming he has "saved or created" 150,000 jobs. By year's end he says he will
"save or create" 600,000 jobs. The WSJ is laughing at the White House press corps for just reporting such BS and not asking questions. When the press corps show up for a press conference they all bring candy and their shoe shine kits. When the media turns against Obama that will be his end, and it will happen.

during his candidacy he promised to "create 1.5 to 2.5 million jobs.. soon that petered out to "save or create 1.5 to 2.5 million jobs,, now we are down to "save" 600 thousand jobs? is this correct?:lol: after only 6 months? :lol:

Obama is claiming he has "saved or created" 150,000 jobs. By year's end he says he will
"save or create" 600,000 jobs. The WSJ is laughing at the White House press corps for just reporting such BS and not asking questions. When the press corps show up for a press conference they all bring candy and their shoe shine kits. When the media turns against Obama that will be his end, and it will happen.

The key phrase is "saved" , how exactly do you quantify "saved" ? I mean I know how the White House plans to do it, they'll just find the most dismal projections then can get their hands on, fudge them to make it a bit worse and then pronounce "See we'd have lost 6.6 million jobs without the stimulus package but instead we only lost 6 million this year" ..... I'm just wondering how any significant portion of the citizenry can keep falling for this type of statist nonsense.

Obama could break into jillian's home and kill her lesbian lover and she would defend Obama... It's like a cult.

I believe a 59 percent approval rating gives you the obvious answer to the bolded question. I don't believe in/approve of hiim, but it's clear many do.

I believe a 59 percent approval rating gives you the obvious answer to the bolded question. I don't believe in/approve of hiim, but it's clear many do.

Remembering some of the interviews of some of the Obama supporters being bussed to polling stations I'm not sure half of these people know anything about Obama... Go figure...

Hey it takes time to convince the Chinese to lend us more money and for the Fed to monetize more debt, give 'em a break.

"Neither the acceleration nor the jobs goal are new. Both represent a White House repackaging of promises and projects to blunt criticism that the effects haven't been worth the historic price tag. And the job estimate is so murky, it can never be verified.

The economy has shed 1.6 million jobs since the stimulus measure was signed in February, far overshadowing White House announcements estimating the effort has saved 150,000 jobs. Public opinion of Obama's handling of the economy has declined along with the jobs data."

Typical Washington bullshit, make vague promises you can never hope to keep then immediately begin backtracking after you've got the funds allocated.

Does anyone really believe that Obama's stimulus saved (any) jobs?

Ame®icano;1265245 said:

Does anyone really believe that Obama's stimulus saved (any) jobs?

Sure it has... Government jobs! In fact they are probably getting raises for their great job running the county the past couple of years...

Reminder... Democrats have been in charge of Congress since November 2006... about the same time of the economic collapse... coincidence? I think not.

The key phrase is "saved" , how exactly do you quantify "saved" ? I mean I know how the White House plans to do it, they'll just find the most dismal projections then can get their hands on, fudge them to make it a bit worse and then pronounce "See we'd have lost 6.6 million jobs without the stimulus package but instead we only lost 6 million this year" ..... I'm just wondering how any significant portion of the citizenry can keep falling for this type of statist nonsense.
Bottom line is the unemployment number is 9.4% Eventually as this number creeps up the followers will began to understand, especially if they are one of the unemployed.

You're watching his poll numbers DROP. Originally his "popularity" opinion poll based on "likeability" alone was in the high 70's. When pollsters are asked about his "policies" versus his "likeability"--it's a much different story.

In fact right now 51% of Americans do not like his handeling of the budget deficit--& all this government spending. That's a negative for him.

Wait until they get their tax bill to pay for all of this spending. It's coming--NO ONE is going to escape higher taxes.

You're watching his poll numbers DROP. Originally his "popularity" opinion poll based on "likeability" alone was in the high 70's. When pollsters are asked about his "policies" versus his "likeability"--it's a much different story.

In fact right now 51% of Americans do not like his handeling of the budget deficit--& all this government spending. That's a negative for him.

Wait until they get their tax bill to pay for all of this spending. It's coming--NO ONE is going to escape higher taxes.

there certainly is a deficit between what he does and "who he is." If he increases taxes, he will wait until his second term, but not necessarily by percentage, but rather additional taxes. I have heard horror stories like taxing your 401k every year and getting rid of the interest tax write-off on mortgages.

Forum List

Back