Obama releasing 30M barrels from US oil reserve to offset ME turmoil, high gas

Here ya go ....Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries
March 2011 Import Highlights: Released May 27, 2011
Monthly data on the origins of crude oil imports in March 2011 has been released and it shows that three countries exported more than 1,000 thousand barrels per day to the United States (see table below). The top five exporting countries accounted for 69 percent of United States crude oil imports in March while the top ten sources accounted for approximately 87 percent of all U.S. crude oil imports. The top five sources of US crude oil imports for March were Canada (2,151 thousand barrels per day), Mexico (1,186 thousand barrels per day), Saudi Arabia (1,107 thousand barrels per day), Venezuela (957 thousand barrels per day), and Nigeria (840 thousand barrels per day). The rest of the top ten sources, in order, were Iraq (382 thousand barrels per day), Colombia (363 thousand barrels per day), Russia (314 thousand barrels per day), Algeria (268 thousand barrels per day), and Angola (261 thousand barrels per day). Total crude oil imports averaged 9,033 thousand barrels per day in March, which is an increase of 1,020 thousand barrels per day from February 2011.

Canada remained the largest exporter of total petroleum in March, exporting 2,666 thousand barrels per day to the United States, which is a decrease from last month (2,831 thousand barrels per day). The second largest exporter of total petroleum was Mexico with 1,319 thousand barrels per day.

Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Mar-11 Feb-11 YTD 2011 Mar-10 YTD 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANADA 2,151 2,193 2,163 2,020 1,934
MEXICO 1,186 998 1,138 1,086 1,040
SAUDI ARABIA 1,107 1,114 1,107 1,149 1,000
VENEZUELA 957 878 930 984 908
NIGERIA 840 948 918 939 945
IRAQ 382 263 375 475 506
COLOMBIA 363 175 284 216 291
RUSSIA 314 97 174 248 199
ALGERIA 268 138 265 276 296
ANGOLA 261 357 302 490 358
KUWAIT 161 118 143 218 169
BRAZIL 158 175 198 299 256
ECUADOR 142 242 186 183 182
NORWAY 100 21 41 5 9
UNITED KINGDOM 88 0 42 142 177

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Mar-11 Feb-11 YTD 2011 Mar-10 YTD 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANADA 2,666 2,831 2,773 2,517 2,535
MEXICO 1,319 1,104 1,269 1,265 1,178
SAUDI ARABIA 1,108 1,114 1,108 1,149 1,007
VENEZUELA 1,067 989 1,030 1,061 993
NIGERIA 913 978 966 962 970
RUSSIA 690 437 556 488 459
ALGERIA 500 394 489 455 472
COLOMBIA 399 211 318 251 318
IRAQ 382 263 375 475 506
ANGOLA 280 370 320 502 371
UNITED KINGDOM 197 110 155 267 318
BRAZIL 161 177 205 302 296
KUWAIT 161 118 143 218 173
NORWAY 156 69 104 59 94
VIRGIN ISLANDS 149 182 203 228 243

Let me get this straight....the right attacks Obama when oil prices are too high. They come down, but they give Obama no credit. And now through this move, oil prices are dropping sharply, and the right attacks Obama again. Is that about right?:eusa_eh:

Thats right. Becauase he keeps pushing these bullshit environmental causes, which strains energy prices. He keeps spending and printing money, making the dollar worth less, and hence, making it cost more per gallon.

This retarded move by him is for ONE reason: To lower gas before the July 4th holiday. With a huge debt battle brewing, the last thing Obama wants is for millions of families to be reminded how miserable they are while spending $75 to fill up their gas tank for the holday weekend. So, he pulls this stunt to relieve prices temporarily in hopes his plummeting approval numbers steady. Because he knows for certain the left wing is gonna lose this pending debt battle.

Let me get this straight....the right attacks Obama when oil prices are too high. They come down, but they give Obama no credit. And now through this move, oil prices are dropping sharply, and the right attacks Obama again. Is that about right?:eusa_eh:

Thats right. Becauase he keeps pushing these bullshit environmental causes, which strains energy prices. He keeps spending and printing money, making the dollar worth less, and hence, making it cost more per gallon.

This retarded move by him is for ONE reason: To lower gas before the July 4th holiday. With a huge debt battle brewing, the last thing Obama wants is for millions of families to be reminded how miserable they are while spending $75 to fill up their gas tank for the holday weekend. So, he pulls this stunt to relieve prices temporarily in hopes his plummeting approval numbers steady. Because he knows for certain the left wing is gonna lose this pending debt battle.

Pithy!

This is kind of why we have a strategic reserve. It would have made more sense to have done it earlier, but better late than never.

I hope Obama gets the message that Gas>3.50 is bad for electoral chances, and he moves to loosen up drilling regulations to keep the price in line. What we get is a pragmatic compromise where he rises above principle to get re elected, and we get Sarah Palin's policy of drill like crazy, but with a bit of adult supervision.

I have to disagree.

This is NOT why we have an STRATEGIC reserve... The price spiked at $115.00 3 weeks ago.... spot yesterday was under $95 and still on its way down....and this like cash for clunkers will be short termed. Then we have to put it back.....

Realeasing 60 million barrels is very excessive, given history. And we will have to replace it, but pushing down the pice will work for right now. He has been letting up on oil sales and the like.

It is to be hoped that he understands that oil >3.50 is electoral disaster and works over the next 18 months to increase domestic production to the point where he maintains that price point.

America is broke. When I'm on different websites I actually have people telling me on the liberal side that trillions in debt are really not debt.

This is a form of insanity. This is liberal.

What you are witnessing now is a shell game. Axelrod is the promoter. I know this game. That's what is frightening. And what really makes me personally crazy on this, is that sooooooo many will buy into it.

I think what we have to do is go after Axelrod big time. Like we did Van Jones.

Game on.

No, I can straighten you out here.
WHen oil prices were high, the reasons were a weak US dollar and restrictions on drilling by the Interior Dept. Prices have come down because the US and world economies are going back in the shitter, as evidenced by higher UE claims etc. Prices dropped sharply when Obama misused the strategic reserve for political ends.
So prices rose because of failures of Obama policy.
Prices fell because of other failures of Obama policy.
Prices plummeted because of even more failures of Obama policy.
Is that clearer to you now?

nope, once again you just babble out shit

Please tell me you remember when all the liberal American mayors said they didn't want Canadian "dirty oil".

Apparently America doesn't want any oil from freaking anywhere and wants everyone to go back to cooking outside....

OH WAIT

That's bad too. We are all supposed to die. Except for Al Gore and Hansen.

Don't ya'll forget now it twas obie doodle who banned drilling off Louisiana,, now he has to dip into the reserves to save his azzz.. don't ya'll forget it now.. not now..

Don't ya'll forget now it twas obie doodle who banned drilling off Louisiana,, now he has to dip into the reserves to save his azzz.. don't ya'll forget it now.. not now..

But, willow, why drill for more oil..........when we have this perfectly good oil right here in storage? Huh? Ya know? C'mon, Obama knows best.

China is laughing their asses of at us right now.

how so? Our currency is actually stronger

Our currency is STRONGER?

Really?

Because 5 years ago, I was paying 20-50% less for the same amount of bread, milk, eggs, gas, electricity, clothing, fruit, rice, etc.

In fact, the only price that HASN'T skyrocketed in my life is the price of my house, which has plummeted.

So tell me again...how is our currency stronger, when it costs us a lot more of it to be the same amount of product we got years ago?

China is laughing their asses of at us right now.

how so? Our currency is actually stronger

Really?

Because 5 years ago, I was paying 20-50% less for the same amount of bread, milk, eggs, gas, electricity, clothing, fruit, rice, etc.

In fact, the only price that HASN'T skyrocketed in my life is the price of my house, which has plummeted.

So tell me again...how is our currency stronger, when it costs us a lot more of it to be the same amount of product we got years ago?

We are in a double dip recession and plasmadork like most demonRats think "all is well." :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last time Clinton did this, gas dropped one cent.
Short memory?
Also - this amount of fuel released from our reserves will last 1.5 days in America.
Brilliance...

Really?

We are in a double dip recession and plasmadork like most demonRats think "all is well." :lol::lol::lol::lol:

when did i say all is well?
Oh i didnt, your lying again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, I can straighten you out here.
WHen oil prices were high, the reasons were a weak US dollar and restrictions on drilling by the Interior Dept. Prices have come down because the US and world economies are going back in the shitter, as evidenced by higher UE claims etc. Prices dropped sharply when Obama misused the strategic reserve for political ends.
So prices rose because of failures of Obama policy.
Prices fell because of other failures of Obama policy.
Prices plummeted because of even more failures of Obama policy.
Is that clearer to you now?

nope, once again you just babble out shit.
See you make it out to because of a weak dollar. The restrictions have nothing to do with it. Thats just your partisan ass talking.
Its also gone up due to weather related problems, and China and India using more and more, but you wouldnt mention that because it doesnt fit your pathetic agenda.

See you guys where complaining about 4$ gas when gas was at 3.75, Thats not 4$, thats 3.75 and it was dropping. It had dropped 25 cents in a week, And yet you guys where to stupid to notice. Which says you dont deal in actual real time facts. You deal in what you make up.

PRECIOUS METALS: Dollar Strength Stifles Gold's Rally - WSJ.com

Whoops i guess the dollar is at a three week high. This really has nothing to do with Obama's policies at all. A weaker/slowing down economy at the world stage, Cutbacks from the american people, and a dollar getting stronger are the main reasons.

You got one out of three i listed. Thats not even counting what Open threatened. Which would make it 1-4 for you.

Hack

So you've proven my point. The dollar is at a three week high and oil has dropped over the last, oh, 3 weeks.

You're so stupid you don't even know when you're wrong.

What part of you get the bulk of your oil from Canada don't morons in the States get?

Are we in turmoil? Are we rioting? How long can this farce endure that you get the bulk of your oil from the middle east?

It's this huge bad joke.

It is true we import the most crude oil and overall petrol products from Canada than from any other country. But then again many American companies are doing business exploring for and extracting oil in Canada.

Fact is the Gulf of Mexico and the Southern States produce oil more than Canada.

America's appetite is our bigest problem.

Crude Oil Production

nope, once again you just babble out shit

Please tell me you remember when all the liberal American mayors said they didn't want Canadian "dirty oil".

Apparently America doesn't want any oil from freaking anywhere and wants everyone to go back to cooking outside....

OH WAIT

what the hell you talking about?
I know all about where we get our oil from. Canada is just a part of it. i listed why oil dropped, Canada has nothing to do with it.

Why is the price of gas so high then? Every one in the media is blaming the "unrest in the Middle East".

This is sheer bullshit by your Pravda media directed by Axlerod.

It is complete and utter lies.

OH WAIT

what the hell you talking about?
I know all about where we get our oil from. Canada is just a part of it. i listed why oil dropped, Canada has nothing to do with it.

Why is the price of gas so high then? Every one in the media is blaming the "unrest in the Middle East".

This is sheer bullshit by your Pravda media directed by Axlerod.

It is complete and utter lies.

LOL Tiny, is that you?

Forum List

Back