Obama Releases CIA Papers

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
White House senior adviser David Axelrod says President Barack Obama spent about a month pondering whether to release Bush-era memos about CIA interrogation techniques, and considered it “a weighty decision.”

“He thought very long and hard about it, consulted widely, because there were two principles at stake,” Axelrod said . “One is … the sanctity of covert operations … and keeping faith with the people who do them, and the impact on national security, on the one hand. And the other was the law and his belief in transparency.”

Obama consulted widely on memos - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

-----

Transparency. BO only wants transparency when he thinks it will make someone else look bad.

White House senior adviser David Axelrod says President Barack Obama spent about a month pondering whether to release Bush-era memos about CIA interrogation techniques, and considered it “a weighty decision.”

“He thought very long and hard about it, consulted widely, because there were two principles at stake,” Axelrod said . “One is … the sanctity of covert operations … and keeping faith with the people who do them, and the impact on national security, on the one hand. And the other was the law and his belief in transparency.”

-----

Transparency. BO only wants transparency when he thinks it will make someone else look bad.

Yes I can see how transparency would override the sanctity of covert operations, keeping faith with the people who do them and the impact on national security. :cuckoo:

God, it just makes you wonder what the hell goes on between those ears.

What an idiot. What a truly fucking idiot we have in the White House! He has broken a sacred trust that has always existed between a field operator and the government.

Good luck trying to recruit intelligence field operators in the future. Good luck hanging on to the ones who are working now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yes I can see how transparency would override the sanctity of covert operations, keeping faith with the people who do them and the impact on national security. :cuckoo:

you mean like outing a CIA agent?

Doesn't matter the 'who'; matters the issue. Transparency takes second place over security, imo.

Well, I would think there are things that should be transparent and things which shouldn't.

I'm afraid I don't see a lot to fuss about in this one.

you mean like outing a CIA agent?

Doesn't matter the 'who'; matters the issue. Transparency takes second place over security, imo.

Well, I would think there are things that should be transparent and things which shouldn't.

Agreed. And of all the things government should be transparent about, U.S. interrogation techniques is not one of them.

Agreed. And of all the things government should be transparent about, U.S. interrogation techniques is not one of them.

I don't think acknowleding that the techiniques that were being used were illegal (they were) and saying we don't play that way is a problem.

Sorry, ZB... we're just going to have to disagree on this one.

And, frankly, there has been zero showing that use of torture netted us ANY viable intel.

I don't think acknowleding that the techiniques that were being used were illegal (they were) and saying we don't play that way is a problem.

Sorry, ZB... we're just going to have to disagree on this one.

And, frankly, there has been zero showing that use of torture netted us ANY viable intel.
If there was I would certainly hope they are smart enough not to share that .

What an idiot. What a truly fucking idiot we have in the White House! He has broken a sacred trust that has always existed between a field operator and the government.

Good luck trying to recruit intelligence field operators in the future. Good luck hanging on to the ones who are working now.
Apparently, the BO administration will go to any length to keep the focus of his flock of Loons on the Bush administration.

It will be interesting to see how they try to keep to Loons focused around the time of the July 4th TEA PARTY! protests (if they haven't outlawed them by then LOL!).

The release of these documents is nothing less than reckless behavior. They must be VERY concerned.

-----

God, it just makes you wonder what the hell goes on between those ears.

FLIGHT TRAINING.. :eusa_eh:

You're not going to try to tell us that you thought the Plame event wasn't wrong, are you?

of course he is... didi you expect anything else?

This is why I'm still some kind of liberal, I suppose, Jill.

I still think that intelligent people can get past petty partisanship when the issue is so obviously important to our nation.

The people ) who outed Plame (whoever they are) should have been hanged for treason.

-----

Our conservative friends are always complaining that there's no change. There you go.

You're not going to try to tell us that you thought the Plame event wasn't wrong, are you?

of course he is... didi you expect anything else?

This is why I'm still some kind of liberal, I suppose, Jill.

I still think that intelligent people can get past petty partisanship when the issue is so obviously important to our nation.

The people ) who outed Plame (whoever they are) should have been hanged for treason.

Yeppers that's some mighty big getting past petty partisanship right there...not!

Valerie Plame was not covert,which is why nothing ever came of it...period.

If it was such a huge issue the DNC wouldn't have had to hire a PR firm to push the Plame scandal forward all over the internet with "astroturf" efforts..

That twit and her hubby live here in NM and plaster billboards all over the place announcing their "speaking" engagements to the whole world every chance they get. She is not and was never afraid of being "outted" She is,however, an opportunist to the 1000 th degree and you libs have made her very rich for her effort.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back