Obama rejects debate with Hillary

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Hillary smells blood....she wants to go mano a mano....is Obama chicken?

Washington - Barack Obama on Sunday rejected rival White House hopeful Hillary Clinton's proposal for a one-on-one, unmoderated debate ahead of the Indiana and North Carolina primaries on May 6.

"We're not having debates between now and Indiana," Obama said on Fox News.

He brushed aside accusations that he was shying away from debating Clinton after what has been viewed as a lacklustre performance in a debate earlier this month against the former first lady.

"Here is my proposal: I'm offering Senator Obama the chance to debate me one-on-one, no moderators. Just the two of us going for 90 minutes asking and answering questions. We'll set whatever rules seem fair," Clinton said.

Clinton's offer came after her face-off against Obama in a moderated debate in Philadelphia on April 16 appeared to help seal Clinton's ten-point victory in last week's Pennsylvania primary.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/US_Elections_2008/0,,2-10-2339_2313161,00.html

An unmoderated debate? That's a strong suggestion by Hillary and such a debate might be quite revealing. Of course Obama is unlikely to accept. Now that he is ahead, Obama's playing the game not to lose.

An unmoderated debate? That's a strong suggestion by Hillary and such a debate might be quite revealing. Of course Obama is unlikely to accept. Now that he is ahead, Obama's playing the game not to lose.

Obama has penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth. He's not going to go live, unmoderated with Hillary. She'd kill him.

He's especially not going to do it when he's in the lead and she's trying to play catch up. Hillary has nothing to lose, Obama has tons to lose if he agrees.

Problem is, he's going to take fire for not agreeing to the debate because the Clinton machine will be sure to paint him as a coward.

No, he's not chicken, just politically smart. He's letting the clock run out and he has the lead. This is really much to do about nothing, in my opinion.

They have had 21 already.

Unmoderated would be interesting since the media dorks don't even ask the questions that are important.

How many do we need, kinda like takeovers and takeovers and .... if they were listened to and thought about it would have meaning but they are becoming spin sessions based on the Rove-ian theory of politics: throw dirt, throw dirt and lastly throw dirt.

Forum List

Back