Obama refusing to talk the press

I don't know about the rest of you, but WHAT A RELIEF I can turn on the television and not see or hear Obama? I hope it lasts for at least a week, or could we dare hope until after Christmas?

were you whining when bush had martha raddatz's mic cut off during a white house press conference for asking about afghanistan?

didn't think so....

carry on.

I remember that, and it Pi$$ed me off. Most of these pathetic 'electee's' just cannot stand the truth, they can't speak the truth most of the time, the rest of the time they "Spin" the truth to what they think is to their advantage. They campaign in lies and deception and "rule" in the same manner.

President Bush gets heated with Martha Raddatz over Afghanistan | Crooks and Liars

Last edited:
were you whining when bush had martha raddatz's mic cut off during a white house press conference for asking about afghanistan?

didn't think so....

carry on.

I remember that, and it Pi$$ed me off. Most of these pathetic 'electee's' just cannot stand the truth, they can't speak the truth most of the time, the rest of the time they "Spin" the truth to what they think is to their advantage. They campaign in lies and deception and "rule" in the same manner.

President Bush gets heated with Martha Raddatz over Afghanistan | Crooks and Liars

Everyone slants the facts to their own benefit.... always. My comment was more about the whiners who never said a word for eight years.... and have been on a year long whine since election day.

didn't think so....

carry on.

Everyone slants the facts to their own benefit.... always. My comment was more about the whiners who never said a word for eight years.... and have been on a year long whine since election day.

Yes, I understand that concerning the whiners, many seem to forget, I forget some of the events too, but not all of them. I whine about many politicians at times, but presidents sit at the top, but all politicians make choices and comments, for what what some call, dumb, stupid, irrational, etc whether it's making a political decision or whatever depending on the 'whiners' political perspective.
I just got sidetracked a little in my response.

First you do a power grab, then you silence or take over the press, by fair means or foul, then you disarm the people...

It's straight out of the "How to be a Tyrant" playbook.

Except his attempts to control the media failed miserably. So he's just cutting them out.

What a loser. And what happened to all this "transparency" he went on and on and on and on about? It's like an iron curtain.

Here's part of the article:

"Veteran White House reporters have been grumbling about the lack of access to the president, who as a candidate vowed an unprecedented level of transparency.

On his recent trip to Asia, Mr. Obama took few questions - and none during a session with Chinese President Hu Jintao that the White House dubbed "joint press statements."

Mr. Obama has taken to limiting questions during press conferences with foreign leaders to one question each fromU.S. reporters and foreign correspondents, as he did last week when Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in Washington. He did the same "one-and-one" with the Japanese prime minister and the South Korean president while in Asia.

In a more unusual move, the president has altered the practice of allowing reporters into the Oval Office for what is called a "pool spray" - a few informal questions after a presidential meeting, often with a foreign leader. Mr. Obama's meeting Monday with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was closed to the press, even photographers, the White House said.

"It's surprising and quite unusual that President Obama meets with an allied leader like the prime minister of Australia and there's no photo op at the beginning or end of the session," said Mark Knoller, a longtime White House reporter for CBS Radio.

Mr. Obama on Tuesday will announce his new policy on the war in Afghanistan at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. He won't be taking questions immediately afterward.

A White House spokesman bristled when asked Monday about the situation.

"I think the last time we got a question about the president answering questions, if I'm not mistaken, it was - wasn't it couched in the - in the notion that he was overexposed?" press secretary Robert Gibbs said.

"Hard for me to imagine that the president would submit himself to so many questions that the punditocracy would say he was overexposed, but the new thing happens to be that he's not answering enough questions," he said.

Still, the spokesman added: "The president enjoys taking your questions and questions from reporters throughout this process. And I am - assume he'll continue to do so."
'Overexposed' Obama begins to duck the WH press corps - Washington Times

Of course it's entirely possible that he didn't want questions going completely off topic during visits by these foreign dignataries. After all, at the time, he was still keeping the press locked out of any hints as to where his Afghanistan stragegy would go.

What is it you wanted to hear from those people, or Obama? Canned stuff which is the norm during such joint press conferences?

So some in the media are whining? So what?

They have had 1000 times the access than with Bush diring his first year.

Not only that, but not too long ago the right was bitching and moaning that he was intheirfaces too much and that he should just shut up. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. What else is new?

well, we could point out that the same group who bitched incessantly about every single move President Bush made, now gives their messiah a pass on the same shit! That's what's funneeeee!

its stupid to compare bush to obama....bush never promised such great transparancy, it wasn't his style....obama however promised it and the press is now seeing that, once again, obama is full of meadowmuffins...

but the obama apologists like jillian, will blindly and madly rush to defend the messiah with the comical.........but, but BOOOOSH

lmao, defending obama by pointing out what bush did

its stupid to compare bush to obama....bush never promised such great transparancy, it wasn't his style....obama however promised it and the press is now seeing that, once again, obama is full of meadowmuffins...

but the obama apologists like jillian, will blindly and madly rush to defend the messiah with the comical.........but, but BOOOOSH

And we will continue to do so, because your memories appear to be so vacant.

What's STUPID is to start a thread or make a comment in the first place about something Obama does that is exactly what Bush did. Those comments read as though such things are "firsts" for a president, when of course they are not. You should know you'll just get called on it.

It's just plain stupid to criticize the messiah for anything innit? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

First you do a power grab, then you silence or take over the press, by fair means or foul, then you disarm the people...

It's straight out of the "How to be a Tyrant" playbook.

Except his attempts to control the media failed miserably. So he's just cutting them out.

What a loser. And what happened to all this "transparency" he went on and on and on and on about? It's like an iron curtain.

Here's part of the article:

"Veteran White House reporters have been grumbling about the lack of access to the president, who as a candidate vowed an unprecedented level of transparency.

On his recent trip to Asia, Mr. Obama took few questions - and none during a session with Chinese President Hu Jintao that the White House dubbed "joint press statements."

Mr. Obama has taken to limiting questions during press conferences with foreign leaders to one question each fromU.S. reporters and foreign correspondents, as he did last week when Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in Washington. He did the same "one-and-one" with the Japanese prime minister and the South Korean president while in Asia.

In a more unusual move, the president has altered the practice of allowing reporters into the Oval Office for what is called a "pool spray" - a few informal questions after a presidential meeting, often with a foreign leader. Mr. Obama's meeting Monday with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd was closed to the press, even photographers, the White House said.

"It's surprising and quite unusual that President Obama meets with an allied leader like the prime minister of Australia and there's no photo op at the beginning or end of the session," said Mark Knoller, a longtime White House reporter for CBS Radio.

Mr. Obama on Tuesday will announce his new policy on the war in Afghanistan at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. He won't be taking questions immediately afterward.

A White House spokesman bristled when asked Monday about the situation.

"I think the last time we got a question about the president answering questions, if I'm not mistaken, it was - wasn't it couched in the - in the notion that he was overexposed?" press secretary Robert Gibbs said.

"Hard for me to imagine that the president would submit himself to so many questions that the punditocracy would say he was overexposed, but the new thing happens to be that he's not answering enough questions," he said.

Still, the spokesman added: "The president enjoys taking your questions and questions from reporters throughout this process. And I am - assume he'll continue to do so."
'Overexposed' Obama begins to duck the WH press corps - Washington Times

Who does he think he is? Tiger Woods?

What's STUPID is to start a thread or make a comment in the first place about something Obama does that is exactly what Bush did. Those comments read as though such things are "firsts" for a president, when of course they are not. You should know you'll just get called on it.

wrong....read my post again....do you see the difference and how stupid it is to point to bush for what obama is doing....i will highlight the part of my post that you need to spend time contemplating

you would have a point if bush promised the most transparent presidency ever

Gotta agree Ollie. Finally you can turn on the TV without Rock Star boy making another damned speech. Of course tonight he will be giving one and I will have to listen to see if he drops any pearls of wisdom. Can hardly wait. GAG.

So first you guys complain that he's giving too many speeches and having too many press conferences, and now that he's not doing as many, you claim it's tyranny. Make up your fucking minds already.

It's just plain stupid to criticize the messiah for anything innit? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

Why? You've certainly got more troops on your "side" here, so knock yourself out. After all, when there's nothing of importance to criticize Obama for, you can just pretend that a non-story is a great big one!! And all your little soldiers gleefully jump aboard. Don't let the half dozen or so of us who hang in here for the simple pleasure of keeping it honest bother you. It's the only place you've got a majority, after all.

wrong....read my post again....do you see the difference and how stupid it is to point to bush for what obama is doing....i will highlight the part of my post that you need to spend time contemplating

you would have a point if bush promised the most transparent presidency ever

My general statement referred to your generalized second paragraph.

Forum List

Back