Obama refuses to wear American flag pin in public

Alucard makes the point many miss... there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between simply not wearing a pin or wearing one and REFUSING TO.

Politically, it's pretty retarded. And I mean that in a James Carville-Ed Rollins kind of way. You just don't refuse to wear the flag and expect to be elected, period. Sure, there are chuckleheads who wear a flag but aren't principled patriots (like GWB). But there's something a little juvenile about being afraid to be associated with them by NOT wearing the flag... it's like a Christian refusing to go to church because not everyone in church is a true believer. Huh?

But the real problem is that Obama-Osama reveals his true colors here. He doesn't like the flag because he associates it with those patriotic whites, workers, Chrisitians, midwesterners, etc. who are just too dumb and too white for him. The flag he really wants to wear is the red, black and green of black pride.

I didn't read the whole thread, just the first few posts, so I'm not sure if this has been said yet. But I view wearing a US flag pin shows solidarity among candidates. Even though the rivalry between parties can become bitter, both sides (formerly) wore the US colors. Just shows that we're all for the same cause, which is America. Obama never had my vote in the first place, this just reinforces my stance.

I still say that it is awfully damn retarded to think that Obama is less patriotic because he doesnt jump on the car magnet fashion of the day. He's not trying to hide behind an icon and invites people to think about his positions rather than generic posturing.

I hope he gets the dem nomination.

while I dont agree with Obama about sitting down and talking with the opposition, I would not wear a flag pin if people tried to make me feel guilty for feelings which I did not have towards my country.
Its his choice what he wants to wear. After all, we live in a country of....freedom.Correct?

you're still mistaking the pin for not having feelings for this country. Most of us who think that stuff is B.S. probably care more about the VALUES that made this country great than we do about propaganda pins.

I'm just catching up here.

Not wearing a flag pin is okay because it means nothing either way.
Refusing to wear a flag pin is not okay.

Excuse me while I piss myself laughing. :lol:

Your still not cought up...

Wearing a flag pin is okay because it means nothing...

Refusing to wear a flag pin is not okay....

Enjoying pissing yourself is a little strange but okay ...

How about standing for the National Anthem with your hand over your heart at the football game or flying your flag on the forth?....does that make you a sanctimonious holier-than-thou asshole or do you hide that aspect of your personality?

Personally, I respect the one dude who doesn't stand up, going against the grain, stickin' it to The Man. I like that.

Cheers!
A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Asshole

Didn't you know that wearing the flag and trying to shroud your unlawful and immoral acts behind the flag and what it represents is typical of Republicans and conservatives in general. Let's not forget that these sanctimonious holier than thou assholes don't fear losing an election because they always have sanctimonious holier than thou assholes to vote for them. They don't want to address the issues and instead prefer to wear the flag or to brandy it around as a weapon to hide their individual acts of tyranny which they commit collectively. If it came down to voting for Obama or a Republican I would vote for Obama because I could never vote for someone who is evil and who belongs to the party of Satan. :lol:

Well, I'm going to have to humbly disagree with your assertion that Republicans are the Party of Satan, but concede the overall point, though only after expanding the applicable definition from "typical Republicans and conservatives" to "anyone over the age of 12."

Your still not cought up...

Wearing a flag pin is okay because it means nothing...

Refusing to wear a flag pin is not okay....

Enjoying pissing yourself is a little strange but okay ...

If wearing a flag pin means nothing, then why should it be done? Of course it means something. It's a symbolic act. The individual goes through many thought processes in so doing:

1. Deciding to buy a flag pin. Well if they decide to buy it then one would think they are going to wear it.
2. Deciding to wear it. Hmmm, where? Left lapel seems to be popular, it can go there. Now, where in public to wear it? Probably anywhere is fine. Even those who think it's all a wank wouldn't take on someone for only wearing a flag pin, so it's probably safe to wear it even in City Lights Books in San Francisco, although I'm sure there would be the odd crooked smile or snigger.
3. Now deep inside what does the wearer hope to achieve? "I want people to know I love my country". "I want fellow flag pin wearers to know I'm one of them." "The President wears one, I want to be like the President." And so on. They are usually positive, if slightly cynical, reasons to wear a flag pin.

Now, refusing to wear a flag pin. "Refusing" to wear a flag pin indicates an obligation. Is it mandatory for men to wear flag pins in their left lapel? I mean is it okay to go commando to the supermarket just as long as you've got that flag pin stuck in the left side of your chest?

Should the flag pin refusenik be dealt with by the authorities? Damnit how dare anyone REFUSE to wear a flag pin! It's okay not to wear one but it's DOWNRIGHT UNPATRIOTIC to REFUSE to wear one!! No-one has the right to REFUSE to wear a flag-pin. You don't have to wear one but never ever REFUSE to wear a flag-pin.

What a lot of rubbish.

you sound just like that bitch you have as an avatar

Well...I think that's about the nicest thing you've ever said to me...Thanks sweetie...

Now as for Obama and this pin thing...
I think his reason about is silly, and he sounds more like a high school student, then someone running for President...
Just my 2cnts...:D

I get the feeling that ole stephie would accuse libs of being intolorant for judging a nazi if she thought it would land her a round of high fives from her team..

pretzel logic

You just prove the point I was making..:eusa_whistle:

I still say that it is awfully damn retarded to think that Obama is less patriotic because he doesnt jump on the car magnet fashion of the day. He's not trying to hide behind an icon and invites people to think about his positions rather than generic posturing.

I hope he gets the dem nomination.

The American flag is the symbol of our country, for which many have died. it is not a car magnet.

You just prove the point I was making..:eusa_whistle:

if you say so, doll. Sounds to me like you just didn't have anything interesting with which to retort. Here, lemme try that out and see how it wears:

Non sequiturs are not points made even if they are great to hide behind.

get back to me when you can wrap your mind around that sentence.

The American flag is the symbol of our country, for which many have died. it is not a car magnet.

a lapel pin is not an american flag just because it shares the same color scheme.

you know, the same color scheme shared by non-yellow car magnets.

not that the CLEAR pattern of car magnets becoming some icon of supposed patriotism to our equivalent to the Garfield car window doll isn't a dazzling beacon of obviousness.

even the ones that share the same color scheme as AN ACTUAL FLAG.

:eusa_dance:

Putting a US flag lapel pin on doesn't make you a patriot, or a good US citizen.

Neither does putting a US flag on the back of your KIA, Nissan, etc.. (I admit, however, that I am not contemplating buying another US made car either. This last Dodge, and my Harley have me rethinking the "Buy US made thing)

The fact that most of these symbolic decorations are made in China these days doesn't help. (probably coated with lead anyhow)

Would I vote for him? No, he's an ASSHOLE just like that hosebag from New York.

In general:
We are not voting for who is good for us anymore.. The canditates persona, skin color, etc have more to do with it then experience, and values..

George W did more to open the playing field then the canditates themselves, combined. That is the sad part. I.E. his veto against kid's healthcare.

Anyone who'd dare to espouse the lyrics in John Lennon's ballad,
I.
"Imagine" i.e "there were no countries, there was no religion too" is
prohibited from running for political office. It takes guts for Obama
to indicate that he won't be a plastic patriot because the right who
have never served their country in uniform use symbols to divert
attention from their narrow interests to facile issues promulgated
by the Limbaughs and Hannitys. Obama has no chance of high office
because the country still has a significant Archie Bunker crowd in
addition to some others that have latent prejudice. Even though
he is a non-threatening half black man, at this time he has done
as well as can be expected in terms of fund raising and poll
numbers.

Anyone who'd dare to espouse the lyrics in John Lennon's ballad,
I.
"Imagine" i.e "there were no countries, there was no religion too" is
prohibited from running for political office. It takes guts for Obama
to indicate that he won't be a plastic patriot because the right who
have never served their country in uniform use symbols to divert
attention from their narrow interests to facile issues promulgated
by the Limbaughs and Hannitys. Obama has no chance of high office
because the country still has a significant Archie Bunker crowd in
addition to some others that have latent prejudice. Even though
he is a non-threatening half black man, at this time he has done
as well as can be expected in terms of fund raising and poll
numbers.

You need to rein in your generalizations there, junior. Seems to me if you opened your eyes and looked around you, you'd see the majority of vets are conservative.

Obama won't hold high office because he couldn't handle it. Plain and simple.

if you say so, doll. Sounds to me like you just didn't have anything interesting with which to retort. Here, lemme try that out and see how it wears:

Non sequiturs are not points made even if they are great to hide behind.

get back to me when you can wrap your mind around that sentence.

Ooooo. I'm impressed..
I'm not gonna wrap my head around it.. but if you want, have at it...:eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back