Obama Reconstituting '08 Team for fall races or Can "white Guilt" can work this time?

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Obama Reconstituting '08 Team for fall races or Can "white Guilt" can work this time?

NYT:

WASHINGTON — President Obama is reconstituting the team that helped him win the White House to counter Republican challenges in the midterm elections and recalibrate after political setbacks that have narrowed his legislative ambitions.

The reinforcement of the White House’s political operation has been undertaken with a sense of urgency since Tuesday, when a Republican, Scott Brown, won the Massachusetts Senate seat that had been held by Edward M. Kennedy. The White House was caught off guard when it became clear that Democrats were in danger of losing it, and by the time alarm bells sounded from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, it was too late.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since one of the major "points" during the election by the campaign; supporters and the MSM was that somehow one was a racist if they did not vote for Papa Obama, will this strategy work this time for all the Democrats running in the fall?

Will the "white guilt" factor work this time?

Seems like a question best left up to Reid

Since one of the major "points" during the election by the campaign; supporters and the MSM was that somehow one was a racist if they did not vote for Papa Obama, will this strategy work this time for all the Democrats running in the fall?

White guilt didn't make Obama successful. His supporters were voting against the failed policies of conservatism. Those supporters will return when Obama tosses bipartisanhip onto the trash heap not when their "white guilt" is reawakened.

White guilt?

I thought it was GOP hate? GOP didn't just lose the presidency, they lost the House, Senate and Governorships... Were all of those races decided by guilty whites?

Last edited:

White guilt didn't make Obama successful. His supporters were voting against the failed policies of conservatism. Those supporters will return when Obama tosses bipartisanhip onto the trash heap not when their "white guilt" is reawakened.

Yes
we see what "good job" they have done in Virgina New Jersey and Massachusetts

Hey, in politics it is usually what ever works

But to deny the "white guilt" factor is delusional and disingenuous
It be like saying blacks did not use race as a factor in their support of Papa Obama

It may make you feel better- but it would be a lie to deny it

NYT:

WASHINGTON — President Obama is reconstituting the team that helped him win the White House to counter Republican challenges in the midterm elections and recalibrate after political setbacks that have narrowed his legislative ambitions.

The reinforcement of the White House’s political operation has been undertaken with a sense of urgency since Tuesday, when a Republican, Scott Brown, won the Massachusetts Senate seat that had been held by Edward M. Kennedy. The White House was caught off guard when it became clear that Democrats were in danger of losing it, and by the time alarm bells sounded from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, it was too late.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strange....I didn't find a SINGLE instance of the phrase "white guilt" or "racisim" in the article you liinked?

White guilt?

I thought it was GOP hate? GOP didn't just lose the presidency, they lost the House, Senate and Governorships... Were all of those races decided by guilty whites?

No they lost those because the GOP spent money like the Democrats, we were talking about the presidential election

As for the Presidential election- that is a different story
So the it was never implied by that not voting for Obama would be racist? Of course it was

Again, the "white guilt" factor does not seem it will work for the fall races.
What is Papa Obama going to use?

His Pork bill success
His Cap and tax proposals
His unpopular health care

Race is all they got left- of course we should consult party leaders like Reid on these questions
They could keep running against Bush since they have no successes but that gets kind of old
when your party has been in power for over a year

Sure
next you will be telling me the Democrats can win New Jersey; Virgina and Massachusetts
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

NYT:

Strange....I didn't find a SINGLE instance of the phrase "white guilt" or "racisim" in the article you liinked?

Who said it did?

I am only asking the question that the MSM is unable to do

NYT:

Who said it did?

No. What you are doing is making assumptions and talking out of your ass.:cuckoo:

Yes

Exactly.

Obama is pursing bipartisanship and his supporters are staying home.

It be like saying blacks did not use race as a factor in their support of Papa Obama

I am denying "white guilt" as a significant source of support for Obama. I want all Americans to receive all the benefits of citizenship but I'm not going to ignore the other problems we have to give it to them. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Yes

Exactly.

Obama is pursing bipartisanship and his supporters are staying home.

I am denying "white guilt" as a significant source of support for Obama. I want all Americans to receive all the benefits of citizenship but I'm not going to ignore the other problems we have to give it to them. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Well at least you are not denying it was not used

Who said it did?

No. What you are doing is making assumptions and talking out of your ass.:cuckoo:

Well it is opinion

What you call assumptions is actually facts
I understand.
Truth is hard for the left; in fact truth is the worst enemy of the left

Well it is opinion

I understand.

REALLY? Please show me the FACTS on "white guilt". I'll wait.

Have you been living under a rock or are you just like telling lies to yourself
To deny race was factor played up is disingenuous

When I visited family in Ohio here is one I heard

Monday afternoon, state Representatives Bob Hagan of Youngstown and Tom Letson of Warren met with reporters.

They argue many voters who call themselves “Democrats” or “Independents”, but won’t vote for Obama, have only one excuse, with Letson saying, “I would say that a lot of it is they’re not going to vote for ‘the black guy’”.

Hagan called the issue “unpatriotic,” adding those not willing to vote for Obama need “to face that fact. That that’s not acceptable in America.”
Both men say they will work to convince those “swing voters” to change their minds between now and election day.WYTV

How about all the "guilt by association" implications
racists support McCain, Bush Palin
Yet when over 95% of blacks vote for Papa Obama that is not racist

What you think "unicorn boy"?
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Well it is opinion

I understand.

Monday afternoon, state Representatives Bob Hagan of Youngstown and Tom Letson of Warren met with reporters.

They argue many voters who call themselves “Democrats” or “Independents”, but won’t vote for Obama, have only one excuse, with Letson saying, “I would say that a lot of it is they’re not going to vote for ‘the black guy’”.

Hagan called the issue “unpatriotic,” adding those not willing to vote for Obama need “to face that fact. That that’s not acceptable in America.”
Both men say they will work to convince those “swing voters” to change their minds between now and election day.WYTV

To you want more "unicorn boy"?

Still waiting for those FACTS, supported with DATA on "white guilt" assumption-boy....

Still waiting for those FACTS, supported with DATA on "white guilt" assumption-boy....

Already posted

"unicorn boy"
Of course, one does notice how you offer no facts to contra this idea

Maybe you would have us believe that these two were "radicals" acting independent of party guidelines?
What better way to "prove" you are not a racist and absolve yourself of any white guilt then by voting for Papa Obama
How the left playing the race card ever chance they got- this can only work if one assumes there is some guilt to play off of

My god, you could not even use his middle name during the election or you were a racist
Of course, since he used it at the inauguration, it must be of to say Barack Hussein Obama now
lol

Then truth is the worst enemy of the left
so it is understandable

Last edited:

Yes

Hey, in politics it is usually what ever works

You think that, all else being equal, if Barack Obama were white, he would have lost in 2008?

That's idiocy.

Already posted

"unicorn boy"
Of course, one does notice how you offer no facts to contra this idea

Maybe you would have us believe that these two were "radicals" acting independent of party guidelines?
What better way to "prove" you are not a racist and absolve yourself of any white guilt then by voting for Papa Obama
How the left playing the race card ever chance they got- this can only work if one assumes there is some guilt to play off of

My god, you could not even use his middle name during the election or you were a racist
Of course, since he used it at the inauguration, it must be of to say Barack Hussein Obama now
lol

Then truth is the worst enemy of the left
so it is understandable

So, your FACTS and DATA are TWO people????

Man, it's so damn sad that this is all you people have.

This is the third thread full of anti-american propaganda in the past 5 minutes from you traitors.

Why do you have nothing but criticism for our president in a time of war?

You're just a bunch of treasonous bastards.

Forum List

Back