Obama Recession to Continue....

For posting an article? No,, but for your question,,?? makes me think less of you.. speech,,,,,,,is,,,,,,,,,still...........free......

For posting an article? No,, but for your question,,?? makes me think less of you.. speech,,,,,,,is,,,,,,,,,still...........free......
Yes it is but free speech has nothing to do with my question.

I answered your question, I think more of him and less of you and since you represent librals,, I guess less of librals as a whole..

I answered your question, I think more of him and less of you and since you represent librals,, I guess less of librals as a whole..
Yeah, I was pretty sure you couldn't tell me what it had to do with free speech.

Yeah, I was pretty sure you couldn't tell me what it had to do with free speech.

nothing,, just pointing out he has a right to it and so do the rest of us... that is all..

And the rate of newly unemployed is not going to end anytime soon.

It is reported, basically by both conservatives AND liberal mavens of the economy, that this problem is not going to solve itself UNTIL the banks start loaning money again.

I've seen two local businesses do OOB here in Searsport in the last few months.

Now that doesn't sound like much but in a town this small, that represents a significant percentage of the businesses which were here to begin with.

FYI, they were both antique/collectibles dealers.

Searsport is something of a mecca for that kind of junk.

S-port also had flea markets where hundreds of people lease tables for the entire summer.

The rentals were down all summer and by the end of summer, many of those dealers who'd prepaid for thir stalls stopped bothering to open up because sales were so miserable it wasn't worth it to show up.

This depression hit some classes of Americans a long time ago. The lowest quintile has been in a depression for two decades!

But it apparently didn't matter to the media until the banks and stock market started folding up their tents, too.

Typical, isn't it?

Last edited:
yeah, but the wingnut will blame Obama.

Kind of like the loonies who say that Roosevelt started the depression even though he wasn't in office at the time.

Ah well...

they'd rather prevaricate than deal with the fact that their boy left a horrific mess.

Obama Recession to Continue....

This is still a BUSH RECESSION, you re making an very ignorant statement by saying that it is an "Obama recession". An economic policy takes longer then 1 week (his economic policy has only been in action for 1 week, so no need to refer to 3 weeks: in his first 2 weeks he was busy making this policy), you should know that (looking at how long the failed economic policy of Bush took: longer then 2 years).

Kind of like the loonies who say that Roosevelt started the depression even though he wasn't in office at the time.
I don't think I've ever heard that...I have heard that the policies he put into effect did not do much to end it, unless we credit his war policy for that.

I don't think I've ever heard that...I have heard that the policies he put into effect did not do much to end it, unless we credit his war policy for that.

You haven't?

Perhaps you haven't been here long enough to know the sort of nonsense that some of our players have tried to pass off as history, then.

We have read things like the cause of the depression was the Smoot Haley Act right here on this very board.

Now there are plenty of Austrian school fans who do a very credible job of talking about that depression.

And while I think they've carefully selecting their evidence that supports their contentions, they're basically reality based players.

OTOH, we have complete ignoranmouses on this board too.

And occassionally we must respond to their blather and we sometimes paint the whole "conservative" tribe with a broad brush.

To the extent that I sometimes do that, my apologies.

We who are in the minds of some of you "lefties" have been insulted and straw men created of our positions so many times, that we sometimes aren't as careful not to do the same thing as we should be.

KMAN is a worse troll then Willow.

This is where I think KMAN learned to argue for on here:

[youtube]qXk4P12p1tU[/youtube]

If this is Obama's recession than Bush is at fault for 9/11. Which means Republicans are bad for the country.

If this is Obama's recession than Bush is at fault for 9/11. Which means Republicans are bad for the country.

Obama took over a bad economy that both democrats, and republicans are responsible. Having said that, he signed a train wreck of a bill that he had no input in. He left it up to Pelosi, and Reid to bring this bill forward. A bill that is not prudent in the way it's spent. A bill that is laden with more social issue, than stimulus issues. A bill that Wall Street percieves will be a failure. With Wall Street perception is everything. This is a bill that will certainly prolong a recession. It is Obama's bill, and it will be remembered as Obama's recession.

This is EVERYBODY's depression folks.

Blameing Bush or trying to establish what percentage of it is BUSH's fault is simply absurd.

Blaming either party exclusively is missing the point.

Both parties in power our ENTIRE LIVES must accept their share in the mess.

What I love: Republicans assume the economy is already gone simply because Obama signed the bill.

Unless anybody here can see into the future, you don't know whether this will work or not.

At this point, a large part of me just hopes Obama's bill succeeds so the Republicans, Libertarians and Conservatives alike on this board can line up and eat their crow for the next 4 years. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back