Obama really is Dubya II

Bully tactics? I made points that you OBVIOUSLY can't counter. Good job, 'Mr. Objective.'

And how would I counter them if they're just bully tactics.

You've taken a fact, dismissed it, pretended it didn't happen, then made a point based on this. You won't accept the fact, which clearly shows you are plain wrong. So, no, I can't counter you ignoring things. Although any sane intelligent person will know I'm right.

What are you talking about, dude? I took your 'fact' and addressed it by noting that status of forces agreement allowed for extensions. I also noted that further negotiation was an option. That's the point that you broke down and called me a bully. That's just plain pathetic, dude. You hit something you couldn't counter and you just cried. Now, if you were objective like you've claimed, you might have said, 'Oh, Obama could've kept troops in Iraq and chose not to.' But you're not objective. You're just some deuche apologist.

Obama DID offer to keep keep US troops in Iraqnam........but under the condition that they operate exclusively under US legal jurisdiction.........He required that this be stipulated to be the Iraqnamese parliament.......Maliki decline to even bring it before it......that was a deal killer.....

With what part of that do you struggle?

They already weren't exclusively under US juridstiction. Derp....

And whose fault was that?

I'm guessing it would be the idiot who "negotiated" the 2008 SOFA...but then, his only priority was making certain US troops didn't withdraw from his colossal blunder under his watch.......

I was pointing out the fact. That's debatable whether it's someone's fault. I'd say from my p.o.v. it's Bush's fault. Maybe, we weren't officially at war; but if you have soldiers in combat zones, they shouldn't be subject to outside laws, especially those of politically compromised municipalities.

"But, but, but__ Bush Signed."

Wipe the drivel off your chin. The status of forces agreement allowed for extensions in the event that Iraq was not yet stable. And that's just what was in place. Negotiations were always an option. Obama clearly wanted to cut and run. See link for more.

None

You can try all the bully tactics you want, Bush STILL SIGNED THE DOCUMENT. Get over it.

Bully tactics? I made points that you OBVIOUSLY can't counter. Good job, 'Mr. Objective.'

You've taken a fact, dismissed it, pretended it didn't happen, then made a point based on this. You won't accept the fact, which clearly shows you are plain wrong. So, no, I can't counter you ignoring things. Although any sane intelligent person will know I'm right.

What are you talking about, dude? I took your 'fact' and addressed it by noting that status of forces agreement allowed for extensions. I also noted that further negotiation was an option. That's the point that you broke down and called me a bully. That's just plain pathetic, dude. You hit something you couldn't counter and you just cried. Now, if you were objective like you've claimed, you might have said, 'Oh, Obama could've kept troops in Iraq and chose not to.' But you're not objective. You're just some deuche apologist.

Okay then, if it allowed for extensions, prove it.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/122074.pdf

"1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011."

"4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time The Government of Iraq recognizes the sovereign right of the United States to withdraw the United States Forces from Iraq at any time."

"1. This Agreement shall be effective for a period of three years, unlessterminated sooner by either Party pursuant to paragraph 3 of this Article."

"2. This Agreement shall be amended only with the official agreement of the Parties in writing and in accordance with the constitutional procedures in effect in both countries."

I don't really see anything here that would allow the US government to extend this, unless of course there was an agreement between both parties. This agreement set out a time frame for leaving, it was the end of 2011. The USA could not stay unless another agreement was put in place.

Yes, Obama could have tried to do this. But this doesn't take into account that the Iraqi government probably didn't want this.

U.S. Troops Are Leaving Because Iraq Doesn't Want Them There

"
U.S. Troops Are Leaving Because Iraq Doesn't Want Them There"

Gates: Some US troops may stay if Iraq wants

"
Gates: Some US troops may stay if Iraq wants"

None

"
Obama wanted to keep 10,000 troops in Iraq, ABC's Raddatz claims"

"The Obama administration was initially open to leaving up to 10,000 troops in Iraq after the scheduled pullout at the end of 2011,"

"a controversial pitch that would have required approval from Iraq’s divided government to change the 2008 agreement, the Los Angeles Times reported."

"The agreement failed over a demand that American troops be given immunity from prosecution by Iraqis, a very touchy political issue within the Iraqi Parliament."

Would you have agreed to US troops in Iraq WITHOUT immunity from prosecution? Seriously? Obama would have been slaughtered by the US press.

""When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started.""

"Obama said, "Keep in mind, that wasn't a decision made by me. That was a decision made by the Iraqi government.""

10K troops was a weak number. The reson for leaving was fairly weak as well. Clearly, it was in our interest to have peace keeping troops there. Do you somehow not see that?

You can try all the bully tactics you want, Bush STILL SIGNED THE DOCUMENT. Get over it.

"1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011."

"4. The United States recognizes the sovereign right of the Government of Iraq to request the departure of the United States Forces from Iraq at any time The Government of Iraq recognizes the sovereign right of the United States to withdraw the United States Forces from Iraq at any time."

"1. This Agreement shall be effective for a period of three years, unlessterminated sooner by either Party pursuant to paragraph 3 of this Article."

"2. This Agreement shall be amended only with the official agreement of the Parties in writing and in accordance with the constitutional procedures in effect in both countries."

I don't really see anything here that would allow the US government to extend this, unless of course there was an agreement between both parties. This agreement set out a time frame for leaving, it was the end of 2011. The USA could not stay unless another agreement was put in place.

Yes, Obama could have tried to do this. But this doesn't take into account that the Iraqi government probably didn't want this.

"

"

None

"

"The Obama administration was initially open to leaving up to 10,000 troops in Iraq after the scheduled pullout at the end of 2011,"

"a controversial pitch that would have required approval from Iraq’s divided government to change the 2008 agreement, the Los Angeles Times reported."

"The agreement failed over a demand that American troops be given immunity from prosecution by Iraqis, a very touchy political issue within the Iraqi Parliament."

Would you have agreed to US troops in Iraq WITHOUT immunity from prosecution? Seriously? Obama would have been slaughtered by the US press.

""When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started.""

"Obama said, "Keep in mind, that wasn't a decision made by me. That was a decision made by the Iraqi government.""

10K troops was a weak number. The reson for leaving was fairly weak as well. Clearly, it was in our interest to have peace keeping troops there. Do you somehow not see that?

It might have been in the US govt's interested, however they were in a foreign country which DEMANDED they get out according to a document both parties signed and agreed to.

Do you understand that you don't own the world????

"

"

None

"

It might have been in the US govt's interested, however they were in a foreign country which DEMANDED they get out according to a document both parties signed and agreed to.

Do you understand that you don't own the world????

Revisionist history. The Obama regime sent clear signals that they wanted out of Iraq. The Iraqi government knew they were toast with our soldiers gone. They weren't "DEMANDING" that sh**, you fucking fruitball hack.

Seen all that. Obama doesn't look any more intelligent. If you can't see that, then you haven't come face to face with your biases.
Obama might look dumb every once in a while, but every single word that came out of Dubya's mouth was embarrassing. There's a reason Dubya has a global reputation as a complete moron.

Then you obviously haven't been to africa

Seen all that. Obama doesn't look any more intelligent. If you can't see that, then you haven't come face to face with your biases.
Obama might look dumb every once in a while, but every single word that came out of Dubya's mouth was embarrassing. There's a reason Dubya has a global reputation as a complete moron.

Then you obviously haven't been to africa
Yes he helped a few spots in Africa. Perhaps the one commendable thing about his entire Presidency.

Forum List

Back