Obama raises $150 million in September

Yeah. It will be interesting if (and I hope this does happen) Obama and the new Democratic Congress pass real campaign finance reform laws with teeth in the next 2 years. The problem with the old laws is that there are too many loopholes, as McCain is finding out.

I'll assume you are hoping for one party rule?

Not really. Most people who are swayed by a political ad are also likely to be swayed back by the opposing ad. These people probably also suffer from a mental deficiency.

Except that it can make a difference if one candidates ads are more well done, air more often, or are targeted better.

and in the meantime adopt legislation to entrench such.

Umm, right. Legislation like campaign finance reform which will entrench Democratic rule. Because if it were stricter, Obama would somehow be doing better, right?

Sorry I can't perceive what doesn't exist. Such a failure on my part I know.

I'll stick with the OED, thanks.

here, genius, i'll post the same sentence again.

i'm sure he'll be the best president money can buy.

show me the complaint contained therein or shut the fuck up.

here, genius, i'll post the same sentence again.

i'm sure he'll be the best president money can buy.

show me the complaint contained therein or shut the fuck up.

Unless you think that money buying the presidency is somehow a good thing, I'd consider that a complaint.

Gee, Obama didn't want the economy to collapse. What a corporate hack. You are aware that Wall Street getting fucked means Main Street gets fucked, right? Its happening already.

Lehman Bros CEO got 300 some odd MILLION, for overseeing one of the largest corporate bankruptcies in history. Many other CEO's got similar treatment. Meanwhile, we are paying into the TRILLIONS now out of our pockets, to "rescue" companies who just FUCKED Main St? Are you kidding?

Why don't you explain for us how the bailout was not only moral, but legal, and VIABLE as well. How is this going to help us in the long run, and why should it be our children who pay for our current generations' fuckups?

How 'bout somebody explains the real reason why Obama signed an agreement to use public campaign financing and then reneged.

McCain said that Obama's move to drop out of the system "should be disturbing to all Americans" and that he may decide to opt out, too.

"Sen. Obama's reversal on public financing is one of a number of reversals ... that he has taken," McCain said while touring flood-damaged parts of Iowa.

"This election is about a lot of things, but it's also about trust. It's also about whether you can take people's word. ... He said he would stick to his agreement. He didn't."

Source

How 'bout somebody explains the real reason why Obama signed an agreement to use public campaign financing and then reneged.

Source

See, this is the kind of thing that kills your credibility...

a) it was mccain who took a loan against his public financing and then renegged.

b) obama had originally said he would use public financing if mccain did.

c) mccain didn't take public financing.

so wtf are you talking about???

so sorry the RNC couldn't overfund your guy this time around.

Lehman Bros CEO got 300 some odd MILLION, for overseeing one of the largest corporate bankruptcies in history. Many other CEO's got similar treatment. Meanwhile, we are paying into the TRILLIONS now out of our pockets, to "rescue" companies who just FUCKED Main St? Are you kidding?

Link to Fuld receiving 300 million? and Lehman Brothers didn't get any money from the government.

Why don't you explain for us how the bailout was not only moral, but legal, and VIABLE as well. How is this going to help us in the long run, and why should it be our children who pay for our current generations' fuckups?

It was moral because it will, in the long run, help Main street. Legal because there is nothing unconstitutional about it. And viable for the same reason its moral. Its going to help in the long run by avoiding cutting off all credit and hurting, in a major way, individuals and businesses on main street who have been responsible. And "our children" will pay either way. But I'd rather them pay with some debt, as opposed to having to rebuild a broken economy.

Gee, Obama didn't want the economy to collapse. What a corporate hack. You are aware that Wall Street getting fucked means Main Street gets fucked, right? Its happening already.

I have a different perspective my brother, and I believe, as hundreds of economists believe, that the money would have been better spent on Main Street .. as the majority of Americans believe.

The point being, to deny Wall Street's influence and presence on Obama is disingeuous .. and I know you are fully capable of debate based on what the facts are.

I have a different perspective my brother, and I believe, as hundreds of economists believe, that the money would have been better spent on Main Street .. as the majority of Americans believe.

Most economists were for the bailout. Americans were against it because of what its name was. :eusa_clap:. I'll trust the people who actually know something about the topic.

The point being, to deny Wall Street's influence and presence on Obama is disingeuous .. and I know you are fully capable of debate based on what the facts are.

Obama didn't vote for the package because of Wall Street's influence on him. Thats nonsense. He, and others, were pushing for stricter rules to make the bailout plan NOT a free ride.

See, this is the kind of thing that kills your credibility...

a) it was mccain who took a loan against his public financing and then renegged.

b) obama had originally said he would use public financing if mccain did.

c) mccain didn't take public financing.

so wtf are you talking about???

so sorry the RNC couldn't overfund your guy this time around.

Excerpt

McCain, meanwhile, is trying to fight back with what amounts to one arm tied behind his back. Like every other presidential candidate since 1976, the Arizona senator opted to participate in the public funding process, which limits candidates to $84.1 million in spending between their official nomination at the conventions and election day. By accepting the limitation, McCain is prevented from raising or spending any private funds on his own.

As a result, McCain is trying to make his $84.1 million stretch through the Nov. 4 election, while Obama continues to have millions more to play with. More than half of McCain’s public financing — nearly $45 million — was gone by the end of September. McCain spent more than that back in August when he paid out nearly $48 million for advertising and other efforts leading up to the Republican National Convention.

Article

That's what I'm talking about.

Excerpt

McCain, meanwhile, is trying to fight back with what amounts to one arm tied behind his back. Like every other presidential candidate since 1976, the Arizona senator opted to participate in the public funding process, which limits candidates to $84.1 million in spending between their official nomination at the conventions and election day. By accepting the limitation, McCain is prevented from raising or spending any private funds on his own.

As a result, McCain is trying to make his $84.1 million stretch through the Nov. 4 election, while Obama continues to have millions more to play with. More than half of McCain’s public financing — nearly $45 million — was gone by the end of September. McCain spent more than that back in August when he paid out nearly $48 million for advertising and other efforts leading up to the Republican National Convention.

Article

That's what I'm talking about.
He was running out of money and had no other choice! ANd maybe he should learn how to budget better!

Most economists were for the bailout. Americans were against it because of what its name was. :eusa_clap:. I'll trust the people who actually know something about the topic.

Obama didn't vote for the package because of Wall Street's influence on him. Thats nonsense. He, and others, were pushing for stricter rules to make the bailout plan NOT a free ride.

Sure--like giving ACORN 20 billion dollars ? :lol:

Forum List

Back