Obama raises $150 million in September

I'm lying?

You mean .. like .. facts don't matter?

OK

Yes, you are lying. The post you linked was for companies. Unless you think students and senior citizens all belong to one company, what you said about Plouffe's statement being a lie, is itself a lie.

Secondly, when looked at in aggregate, of COURSE groups will be Obamas biggest contributors. Gee, who is going to give more. Me who can only give 2,300 to Obama, or a company which has thousands of employees, each who can give 2,300 to Obama. Shocking, just shocking, that Obama would have higher totals from the company than from me.

Yes, you are lying. The post you linked was for companies. Unless you think students and senior citizens all belong to one company, what you said about Plouffe's statement being a lie, is itself a lie.

Secondly, when looked at in aggregate, of COURSE groups will be Obamas biggest contributors. Gee, who is going to give more. Me who can only give 2,300 to Obama, or a company which has thousands of employees, each who can give 2,300 to Obama. Shocking, just shocking, that Obama would have higher totals from the company than from me.

:badgrin:

“The two groups that have given us the most contributions .."

Groups is their word .. perhaps you tell that to them

Did I also lie about Obama's words .. by posting Obama's words?

My point is what continues to get missed in the rant about Obama's fundraising is the massive amounts of money he's getting from Wall Street and the influence they're having on his campaign.

I think those looking to be fair in their critique of both candidates get my point.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Did I also lie about Obama's words .. by posting Obama's words?

My point is what continues to get missed in the rant about Obama's fundraising is the massive amounts of money he's getting from Wall Street and the influence they're having on his campaign.

I think those looking to be fair in their critique of both candidates get my point.

A few hundred thousand from all the people in these big companies vs $600 million from 3.1 million contributors?

Sorry, what you are saying makes no sense.

Group is not the same thing as organization.

Oh do tell exactly what influence they are having.

i'm sure he'll be the best president money can buy.

Well money is speech isn't it? After fighting against campaign reform for so long, its a big obnoxious for the right to be complaining about it now that the left has more money.

Well money is speech isn't it? After fighting against campaign reform for so long, its a big obnoxious for the right to be complaining about it now that the left has more money.

Got to admit, it's ironic that McCain is the one caught in this net? I posted a thread just on this.

Got to admit, it's ironic that McCain is the one caught in this net? I posted a thread just on this.

Sort of. Of all the right-wingers, McCain is one of the only one who has ever pushed for reform of this type. Of course he also pretty much broke his own campaign finance law in the primaries, so I don't feel that much pity for him.

Sort of. Of all the right-wingers, McCain is one of the only one who has ever pushed for reform of this type. Of course he also pretty much broke his own campaign finance law in the primaries, so I don't feel that much pity for him.

Reform he thought would help more the Democrats than Republicans. Watch what you wish for...(not just McCain).

Ah, I'm surprised I didn't pick that up in your tone. Oh wait, its written and the difference between observation and complaint can be subtle to the point of nonexistance.

you're lack of perception is not my problem. sorry.
keep the dictionary, i'm sure it'll come in handy.

Reform he thought would help more the Democrats than Republicans. Watch what you wish for...(not just McCain).

Yeah. It will be interesting if (and I hope this does happen) Obama and the new Democratic Congress pass real campaign finance reform laws with teeth in the next 2 years. The problem with the old laws is that there are too many loopholes, as McCain is finding out.

"I know you're poor and broke and angry, but give me more of your money so I can waste it on ads that will make you laugh but won't change anyone's mind."

Group is not the same thing as organization.

Oh do tell exactly what influence they are having.

Not interested in another drawn out flame war with you .. suffice it to say .. BAILOUT .. ooppsss .. I mean "rescue plan"

"I know you're poor and broke and angry, but give me more of your money so I can waste it on ads that will make you laugh but won't change anyone's mind."

Won't change anyone's mind? Unfortunately, political ads do work.

Not interested in another drawn out flame war with you .. suffice it to say .. BAILOUT .. ooppsss .. I mean "rescue plan"

Gee, Obama didn't want the economy to collapse. What a corporate hack. You are aware that Wall Street getting fucked means Main Street gets fucked, right? Its happening already.

Forum List

Back