Obama Quotes - and other gems from Democrats

Maddow: Sebelius Exit Steps on Obamacare Good News | Video | RealClearPolitics

<snipped>

They fixed the website and, wouldn't you know it, the law resulted in millions more Americans having health insurance than had it before.

And so now Kathleen Sebelius has to go? Why now?

Because the administration can't resist stepping on its own tail and turning the first good news cycle they've had about Obamacare since it passed, into a story instead about firing people for Obamacare&#8217;s failures? Why now? If you're going to argue, as the White House is, that she was planning on going all along, that these discussions started last month, even before the deadline, what explains this interview she did on the day of the deadline last week with Huffington Post?

###

HUFF POST HOST: Secretary Sebelius, this obviously has been a long, hard push to get this program up and running. I think not only technically, politically this must have been very difficult.

Do you see yourself sticking around until November for round two?

SEBELIUS: Well, absolutely. I think the goal is to, for the first time, make sure people have affordable health care options. That&#8217;s really what is at the end of the day. This is the most satisfying work I&#8217;ve ever done.

HOST: So you're staying for a while?

SEBELIUS: I&#8217;m in.

###

MADDOW: As a matter of political, tactical maneuvering here I'm absolutely mystified that they let this happen right now. Unbelievable. Snatching political defeat from the jaws of victory.

Today when I heard a clip where Obama claimed Sebelius had told him back in early March that she would be leaving now, I marveled yet again at how he can't help lying. About big things. About little things. About what he has said. About what Republicans have said. He lies for his agenda. And he lies when there is no need whatsoever.

So in connection with that comment from him I wanted to find a link to where Sebelius had said she would be here for the long haul. Was surprised to see Maddow hand me the information I was looking for.

So I can't be sure whether it was Obama who was making things up on this particular detail or Sebelius who fibbed. But it's amusingly pathetic either way.

Sen. Harry Reid?s baseless 'domestic terror' accusations - The Washington Post

Harry Reid did it again.

The Senate majority leader who called President Bush a &#8220;loser&#8221; and a &#8220;liar,&#8221; declared former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan a &#8220;political hack&#8221; and asserted that all Obamacare horror stories are &#8220;untrue&#8221; has now called Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his supporters &#8220;domestic terrorists.&#8221;

The comparison is as noxious as it is absurd. Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was a domestic terrorist. The Unabomber was a domestic terrorist. Centennial Olympic Park bomber Eric Rudolph was a domestic terrorist. To equate Bundy and his supporters with these murderers is, quite simply, appalling.

^^Reminders of other classics from Harry Smeagol Reid.

Last edited:
Posted this elsewhere today. Including it here for future reference.

"Magic Negro" as introduced into modern discourse by David Ehrenstein:

Obama the 'Magic Negro' - latimes.com

Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him.

Forum List

Back