Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done

Media Matters - More lies, smears and distortions: Limbaugh rushed to defense of Swift Boat Vets

Limbaugh accused Kerry of refusing to release military records; they're posted on his website

Limbaugh repeatedly asserted that the Kerry campaign is seeking to "personally humiliate and intimidate" the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth rather than agreeing to "release his [military and medical] records" from Vietnam that could end this controversy "in a slam-dunk." Limbaugh said "t would be nice to see his performance reviews and the history of these medals."

Kerry's official Naval records (including medals and citations), after-action combat reports, and command history for Coastal Division 11 are all readily available at the official website of Kerry-Edwards '04. A summary of Kerry's medical records was released by Dr. Gerald J. Doyle on April 23. Upon releasing the summarized records, the Kerry campaign noted that "[w]hen the U.S. Navy sent Kerry his official Naval records, his military medical records were not included. Kerry reconstituted the military medical records from his personal files."

Limbaugh claimed it "is not in dispute" that Kerry's boat "fled" before he returned to save his crewmate; official Naval records dispute this claim

Limbaugh said that in examining Kerry's rescue of former crewmate Jim Rassmann -- "John Kerry saved my life," Rassmann has declared -- "[w]hat is not in dispute is that of the four boats that were in this patrol, the one that fled was Kerry's, which is not policy." The claim that Kerry "fled" while the other boats remained has been issued recently by John E. O'Neill, co-founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

As Media Matters for America has reported, O'Neill's claim that Kerry's boat fled while the other boats remained is inconsistent not only with Rassmann's firsthand account, but also with the account of Kerry's actions in his Bronze Star citation: "Kerry's calmness, professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service."

Limbaugh claimed that Swift Boat Vets co-founder O'Neill "is a Democrat"

Two days after claiming that O'Neill is "not a Republican. I think he's an Independent," Limbaugh asserted on August 11 that "O'Neill is a Democrat" who is "trying to warn the [other] Democrats about Kerry."

O'Neill, a Houston lawyer, is a Republican -- as the Houston Chronicle noted on April 21, O'Neill voted in the 1998 Republican state primary. And, as MMFA has documented, O'Neill's ties to the Republican Party extend beyond party affiliation. An article in the January 5 issue of The New Yorker explained that O'Neill was a creation of the Nixon administration as a pro-war "counterfoil" to Kerry, who protested the war upon returning from service in Vietnam. The Chronicle also noted that O'Neill "was considered by former President [George H.W.] Bush for a federal judgeship," and in a separate article from March 31, reported that O'Neill clerked for Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist, a Nixon appointee. And since 1990, O'Neill has donated $14,650 to federal campaigns - all to Republicans.

Limbaugh said Unfit co-author Corsi has been subject to "professional business-like assault"

Citing the Kerry campaign's condemnation of the extreme comments made by Jerome R. Corsi, PhD, co-author with O'Neill of the Regnery book Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry --comments first exposed by MMFA on August 6 -- Limbaugh said "it's an amazing thing to watch these guys [Corsi and Swift Boat Veterans] now come under the professional business-like assault led by the Lanny Davises of the Democratic Party."

Limbaugh claimed that Kerry wore "Fidel Castro garb" to 1971 TV appearance

Referring to Senator John Kerry's debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show in 1971, Limbaugh claimed that "Kerry came out in Fidel Castro garb, if you recall, and I think -- yeah, no, no, no, it was another appearance where he looked like Castro in the camouflage, the greens and all that." Kerry wore a suit and tie in his appearance on the Cavett show. For his April 18, 1971 appearance on Meet the Press and testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations committee on April 22, 1971, Kerry wore his Navy-issued fatigues.

Rush Limbaugh - Media Matters

Conservative media figures falsely suggest that Reich proposed excluding white males from stimulus package
Friday, January 23, 2009
Limbaugh falsely claimed Clinton "imposed" international family planning funding policy
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Limbaugh tells caller with personal economic troubles: "Well, you might want to consult history. ... It was much worse than this 26 years ago"
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Limbaugh falsely suggests Planned Parenthood mainly provides abortions
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Ignoring pre-election remarks, media advance theme that Obama only now acknowledges he may have to "scale back" campaign agenda
Monday, January 12, 2009
Limbaugh falsely asserted "Banking Queen" Barney Frank "created" subprime mortgage crisis
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Limbaugh claims Franken "stole" MN Senate race, cites WSJ editorial to claim "[t]hey're counting votes twice"
Monday, January 5, 2009
Limbaugh falsely claimed Bush waited until his second term to replace "some" of Clinton's U.S. attorneys
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Conservative radio hosts accuse Dems of "trying to steal" MN Senate election -- but there's no evidence, according to GOP governor
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Hannity, Limbaugh promote myth of an "Obama recession"
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Media conservatives claim America is "center-right," but political scientists challenge reliance on voter self-identification
Monday, November 10, 2008
Morris, Hannity, Limbaugh implicate Obama in stock-market decline -- analysts disagree
Friday, November 7, 2008
Limbaugh distorts discussion between Brokaw and Rose to assert they were "trying to figure out who Obama is"
Monday, November 3, 2008
Limbaugh smears Obama with misrepresentation of comments on Constitution
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Conservative media figures allege Obama's Hawaii trip is about discredited birth-certificate rumors, not his ailing grandmother
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Limbaugh falsely claimed "[t]here's no evidence" Obama wrote anything before Dreams from My Father "except a poem"
Monday, October 13, 2008
Conservative radio hosts claimed HUD said 5 million illegal immigrants were given subprime mortgages, despite HUD's reported denials
Monday, October 13, 2008
Limbaugh mischaracterized accomplishments of '06 Nobel Peace Prize winner, smeared Jimmy Carter
Monday, October 13, 2008
Limbaugh monologue contains numerous Obama falsehoods
Monday, October 6, 2008
Limbaugh: Ahmadinejad "echoing Barack Obama talking points"
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
1-20 of 274 Next »

Note there are 274 tapes of this gas bag lying.

Last edited:
Thanks but no thanks...don't want your moonbat media matters bible quotes...as if.

Funny little lefties don't want folks brainwashed, unless they can do it apparently...

STFU Obama.

I've listened to Rush, and I know exactly what he's about and how influential he is with the wingnut base. And I'm totally cool if the republican base's core values are to outlaw abortion, deny evolution, stem cell research is evil, claim the earth is 6000 years old, and that the iraq war was a great idea.

I've got no problem with that.

Thanks but no thanks...don't want your moonbat media matters bible quotes...as if.

Funny little lefties don't want folks brainwashed, unless they can do it apparently...

They are videos of him lying, provably lying

STFU Obama.

I've listened to Rush, and I know exactly what he's about and how influential he is with the wingnut base. And I'm totally cool if the republican base's core values are to outlaw abortion, deny evolution, stem cell research is evil, claim the earth is 6000 years old, and that the iraq war was a great idea.

I've got no problem with that.

Yeah! STFU obamalama you're not our mama let folks read and listen to whomever they wish. This is still a free country.. llllllllllllllll or is it?

Don't have a stroke there TM, I'm sure you can still sell your propaganda. There are plenty of moonbats in the USA. Lookie OBlah Blah is one....where's the "hope".

Did you even look at one?

I bet not huh shadow.

If you did you would be hit in the face with the truth of who Lush Limballs is, a fat lying drug addict who likes to fly to foriegn places for sex tourism.

I wonder how much you get paid to go on sites and defend the entirely failed republican clap trap and their liar in chief Lush Limpballs.

No would could be so stupid as to really believe the crap you defend someone must be paying you to pretend.

I bet not huh shadow.

If you did you would be hit in the face with the truth of who Lush Limballs is, a fat lying drug addict who likes to fly to foriegn places for sex tourism.

I wonder how much you get paid to go on sites and defend the entirely failed republican clap trap and their liar in chief Lush Limpballs.

No would could be so stupid as to really believe the crap you defend someone must be paying you to pretend.

TM, no one is aruging that Rush isn't a mouthpiece and believe it or not, most people can tell the difference between fact and crap. We're arguing about Obama's dislike of Rush and his (Obama's) implying that it should be squelched. Do you really not get this? Or do you think Rush should be taken off the air? BTW, you're so busy ranting about people 'being so stupid as to really believe the crap' . . . isn't that what YOU'RE doing with all your linky links??

Last edited:

I bet not huh shadow.

Every time one of you hysterical types posts about Coulter,Rush,Hannity or Beck. I go look up the original article to see what the fuss is all about. Usually It's you loons taking words out of context and spreading your FAUX outrage all over the internet. I don't listen to moonbats like you who cry wolf any more. Sorry to break it to you.

Also hate to break it to you and Oblah blah that we have freedon of speech still in the USA.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

One White House official confirmed the comment but said he was simply trying to make a larger point about bipartisan efforts.

"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done

Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Kut Right From the KOS KLOTH. Egomanic is now going to tell people who to listen too. It's gonna be a shiitty four years. !

Thing is, Obama's right.

He's not saying take Rush off the air (Calm down Conservatives, you won't lose your second favorite news man other then Sean "Hal Turner KKK" Hannity"

If anything is going to get done in Washington, both sides need to stop pandering to the extremists in their party.

Last edited:
What a limp thread.

First, this is not the terminology of "warned" like was done with the Bush threat levels:
"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,"

It's a fucking statement, willow, that in essence is true. Rush has said he wants Obama to fail and attacked Republicans who were supporting Obama. If Obama fails, so does the US. That's good old Patriotic, I had a cyst on my ass during Vietnam so I couldn't enlist, Limbaugh.

I can't believe anyone but the most partisan would call this a warning and limiting US to what we can watch or listen to.

I'm sure that the dirty liberals will take Rush off the air.

Also hate to break it to you and Oblah blah that we have freedon of speech still in the USA. - No shit Sherlock.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
What a limp thread.

First, this is not the terminology of "warned" like was done with the Bush threat levels:
"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,"

It's a fucking statement, willow, that in essence is true. Rush has said he wants Obama to fail and attacked Republicans who were supporting Obama. If Obama fails, so does the US. That's good old Patriotic, I had a cyst on my ass during Vietnam so I couldn't enlist, Limbaugh.

I can't believe anyone but the most partisan would call this a warning and limiting US to what we can watch or listen to.

I'm sure that the dirty liberals will take Rush off the air.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S-----T------R-------E-------T---------C---------H much? obamalamadingdong is immature to think he can tell grownups who to listen to or who not to listen too, what is he gestapo? How's he gonna know?

In other words:

"I know what's best for you. You should only read, listen to and say what I want you to read listen to and say. that's how you be a bipartisan in my administration"

no, in other words Rush is an idiot who only spouts bile that is worthless and in the end damaging to this country. There are other conservative talk radio programs that are not as disgusting as Rush. Rush is in a league all his own.

no they arent you fucking MORON
you are just another IDIOT that believe the lying fucking media

:lol: The "lying fucking media" includes Rush. Unless Rush is all of a sudden not part of the media? :lol:

I admit, they do have videos of him making false statements, smears, and making false claims. If any Liberal on this board did such a thing, you'd whin and yell hypocrite until the cows come home Dive.

Forum List

Back