Obama: Qualifications to be President

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
For Obama supporters only please:

I would like to use this thread to list all of the qualifications Obama has to be a good President.

Thanks.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Thanks for your input... That added a lot to this thread.:clap2:

Willing to listen and work with the other side

calm, collected, thoughtful in his approach to solving problems

hard worker

inspires confidence in the majority of the people

intelligent

able to communicate clearly his ideas and agenda

knows that diplomacy is the surest way to find lasting peace

*just the ones off the top of my head*

Silence hit a lot of them.

When he was a Senator in Illinois he sponsored/cosponsored over 400 bills. He does work across the aisle.

Having been born poor and having worked his way up the ladder he has a much better understanding of what the average American goes through than any rich kid who was born with a silver spoon under his nose.

He is an excellent speaker which is often an accompanying skill of a good leader.

He has shown himself to be far more a mature adult than others who have held this office.

Finally, he was elected by the people of the United States.

We just finished 8 years of a person who did not have the skills or leadership traits to hold this high office. Let's see how Obama does before we condemn the hell out of him.

I didn't start attacking Bush and his policies until after 9-11 when he squandered all the national and international good will by using this tradegy as a political tool to get what he wanted.

Trust me, if Obama ever stoops this low, I will call for his impeachment also.

Missed maybe the most important one.

He was born a mixed race in a country where race can still be an impediment to success. He succeeded in school and in politics despite this.

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Hes a natural born citizen, hes over 35, and has been a resident for over 14 years.

That is enough, the fact that he is well educated, brillient and knows government from the ground up through personal experience is just gravy.

Thanks for the responses...

It looks like he is qualified because of the following things.

He's intelligent, a good speaker, he was born a mixed race, and succeeded in school and in politics despite of it, he was born in the US (although many in this country are not convinced this is actually the case... including his grandmother). He's over 35, he has lived in the country the last 14 years, he was born poor and had to work his way up the ladder, more mature than other Presidents, he's a good listener, he is able to communicate clearly and he is calm and collected.

These are all great personality/personal traits. I obviously don't know him personally like you guys do so I will take your word for it.

That said, what distinguishes him from let's say the other couple million people with these same traits? Is it the fact that he has his name on over 400 bills? In your opinion, give me some examples of things that he has done in the in the senate or as a community organizer that has really impressed you.

I just want to understand this enfactuation with him.

Thanks.

Typical liberal hate. can't even stay on topic of obamalama without bashing bush.. Kerry on!

Right, because conservatives have never hated on Dems before. In fact I distinctly remember conservatives having a great relationship with our last Democrat president.

:lol:
Right, because conservatives have never hated on Dems before. In fact I distinctly remember conservatives having a great relationship with our last Democrat president.

good answer! very good answer! not original but good nonetheless.

Willing to listen and work with the other side

(he forgot to tell Nancy Pelosi, we'll see)

calm, collected, thoughtful in his approach to solving problems

( evidence of this ? )

hard worker

( how many times did he vote "present" ? )

inspires confidence in the majority of the people

( what people and what confidence ? )

intelligent

( generic for this position, all have that going for them )

able to communicate clearly his ideas and agenda

( super ! :cuckoo: )

knows that diplomacy is the surest way to find lasting peace

( too much diplomacy can be considered weakness and draw aggression )

*just the ones off the top of my head*

He is the president and you're listing qualities like he's an underqualified guy trying to land a mid level management job.

You don't know that he's any of those things ( not that you listed anything concrete ). You HOPE he is, but reality is, you don't have a freakin clue ...

guys, let's keep this to Obama supporters if possible.

We can take it an issue at a time if you like.

What has Obama done in his career to show you he can fix the economy?

Thanks.

guys, let's keep this to Obama supporters if possible.

We can take it an issue at a time if you like.

What has Obama done in his career to show you he can fix the economy?

Thanks.

I'm not an Obama supporter, i just thought the answers that were given so far were very generic.....

I'm not an Obama supporter, i just thought the answers that were given so far were very generic.....

Agreed... The answers that have been given so far narrow it down to about 2 million people in this country who are now qualified to me president... But I am trying to make this easy for them and don't want to get them sidetracked. That's why I narrowed it down to one question about the economy...

I would think that since the economy was a HUGE issue during the election and since he got 50 some million votes that this should be a pretty easy to show something he has done that gives people hope he can fix the economy but so far nothing...

His primary contribition to the community of Chicago was to fight laws which would reduce voter fraud. I think that qualifies him for president. He was very good at it.

Oh, and he's easy on the eyes. That's a big plus.

And he lies convincingly. It's really easy to believe that taking $800 billion from the government, while at the same time reducing taxes, will "stimulate" the economy....especially when one factors in the fact that wage reductions, job eliminations, and the further dismantling of natural resource development will be a part of that "economic stimulation".

del - feel free to answer... Obviously according to your post, this has been discussed several times already so it should be easy for you to answer...Thanks.

why bother? he won the election.

i didn't vote for him, but i see no point in this endless round of threads as to why he's unfit/unqualified to be president. it reminds me of those who still whine about "stolen" elections 8 years ago.

as someone else pointed out, the only qualifications are outlined in the constitution. he meets those. i personally don't think he'll do that great a job due to a lack of experience. i hope for all our sakes that i'm wrong.

happy now?

What makes him different from another couple of million who are equal to him in these areas?

He wanted it, he ran for it, he won it.

There are a lot of folks who could be a good president, but dont want to or don't have the all compelling drive that is needed to get this far in American politics. What made any of the previous presidents get into office? You have to want to be there and be willing to give most of your life to this pursuit.

Allie, it takes one to know one?:lol:

Forum List

Back