Obama pushes for higher fuel efficiency standards

Effective, January 1, 2010, all American vehicles must get 35 miles per gallon in the city and 45 on the highway. If you are caught driving a vehicle that does not meet these standards, your vehicle will be confiscated and destroyed.

Thank God the government is going to save us from ourselves. I can't wait until the government takes complete control over our lives.

I wonder what that means for the future of NASCAR? They going to say that race cars have to get a certain amount of miles per gallon too?

Does anyone else remember when cars used to get 35 mph or possibly better and that was normal? I seem to remember either a truck or suv that was getting close to 50 mph. What happened?

Wonder how much this is going to cost us? So much for lowering taxes for 95% of us. Liar.

Does anyone else remember when cars used to get 35 mph or possibly better and that was normal? I seem to remember either a truck or suv that was getting close to 50 mph. What happened?

You're probably thinking of diesel powered cars. The EPA has pretty much banned them for sale in the US. However, in Europe they are fine because they are considered more environmentally friendly. Funny, eh?

Effective, January 1, 2010, all American vehicles must get 35 miles per gallon in the city and 45 on the highway. If you are caught driving a vehicle that does not meet these standards, your vehicle will be confiscated and destroyed.

That's a great idea.

Gas guzzlers embolden the terrorists.

That's a great idea.

You sound like a Neoconservative.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

That's a great idea.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

The greatest security problem this country faces is our dependence on foreign oil. Every president since Jimmy Carter has ignored it. We need to drive electric cars and natural gas trucks and screw the Arabs.

The greatest security problem this country faces is our dependence on foreign oil. Every president since Jimmy Carter has ignored it. We need to drive electric cars and natural gas trucks and screw the Arabs.

Things are rarely as simple as the quick solution seems.

Increased mileage is usually obtained by reducing the weight of the vehicle. Reducing the weight is usually related to higher deaths in accidents.

Electric cars? How do we obtain the electricity? Power plants that use coal? The President has already told us that he make the costs for coal furnaces excessive.

It is so nice that the adults are back in charge....

Obama pushing stronger fuel-efficiency standard - USATODAY.com

GREAT! Although I generally favor the free market; however, oil/gas is what fuels and finances our enemies such as Venezuela, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Russia! We need this, just as we needed the clean air act to dictate to the auto companies that they needed to produce cars that ran lead free!

Gitmo closing strike against; Fuel efficiency demand thumbs up!

You're probably thinking of diesel powered cars. The EPA has pretty much banned them for sale in the US. However, in Europe they are fine because they are considered more environmentally friendly. Funny, eh?

You better back that up with some sources, because my bull shit meter is rising!

You better back that up with some sources, because my bull shit meter is rising!

Try Google. There are plenty of links to choose from. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of this. A local radio station host talked about this a few months ago and most of the callers were just as surprised as you.

The High Mileage Secret Nobody Talks About · Gas Mileage Tips

That's a great idea.

Benjamin Franklin

does that include obamalama and the goracle?

Forum List

Back