Obama pulls back on 'enemies' remark to Latinos

Naw..but it doesn't stop em..:lol:
Are you saying your bigotry against conservatives IS proof of conservative bigotry?

The reason it doesn't work is that you refuse to acknowledge you're a bigot.

:rofl:
This is like the time Pale called me a bigot, because I called him out for calling homosexuals faggets.
That's between you and Pale, and it's not what I'm talking about.

obama-constitution.jpg

Kind of like closing the barn door after the cows get out, isn't it? He said it, he meant it.

yes he did....and he only took it back because it looked bad, he didn't immediately apologize, because he meant it....

i don't recall any sitting president calling his political opponents and american citizens "enemies"

I guess you might be really young.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPABLW6F_A[/ame]

i believe that was meant for the rest of the world Sallow..... before the part you cut out he was talking about international terrorism around the globe.....

Last edited:
So? I don't think he should apologize. The same people who he is calling enemies call him a communist, nazi, muslim, and terrorist. Fuck em!

And basically..the ARE the enemies of Latinos.

got a link to that?.....over in that other thread we are still waiting for your link saying GOP Congressional people said Gays should be Executed.....maybe you can give us both at the same time.....

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows, in context, he meant opponents or adversaries. WTF. Talk about no common sense. When did enemy become such an unspeakable word?

The president, during any term, is the leader of the party he's in. Political leaders have enemies. They have opponents. The fact that Tancredo can call Obama "a bigger enemy than Al Queda" and have none of you call HIM out for it...speaks volumes.

You're just trying to score a cheap point...instead of taking the comment in context. You might get away with it...but you're either lying to yourself...or your just out right lying.
Yep. This is just like the idiocy over the republicans not getting the keys but sitting in the back of the car.

FAUXRAGE.

Sadly, most of the idiot class laps it up.

i'd bet dollars to peso's you whined about bush saying you're either with us or against us....

typical hack apologist stuff here....a sitting president calls his fellow citizens enemies merely because of political idealogue disagreements...

pathetic really that our politics are so bad we are now each others enemies...worse even that a president is leading the crusade against his enemies and making it acceptable and defendable to call your political opponents enemies....thanks obama for the new low in american politics

I thinkin' your pretty young. He wasn't referring to American citizens he was referring to rogue countries.
Talk about an edited speach...what was it...less than 10 words? sheesh :eusa_whistle:

That's not what he said. He said "every" region of the world. We are part of the world. I went to a protest of 250K people that were against attacking Iraq. Heck yeah..we were against the terrorists and a stupid fucking move on the part of this President.

We were NOT terrorists.
he was refering to the regions of the world where the Terrorists may seek refuge and if those Countries dont help give them up if they go there or help them hide....Hilary said the same thing right here.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbYGYiGjpUs&feature=related[/ame]

after looking at all these posts.....ill sum it up by saying what i have said a few times before.....our President is a piss poor leader.....he is the president of the US, not just the President of just those who agree with him......he has sounded like Hugo Chavez a few times now....thats not right for our leader....Bush did a great job of dividing this Country...Obama should be bringing us together in these trying times....instead this guy has turned the Bush Chasm into the Grand Canyon.....you dont say things like this guy has said when your the President.....the Republicans can sit in the back seat?.....thats at least a good 50% of the Country who consider themselves on the right....is that leadership?.....this Country right now NEEDS A LEADER....not a guy pissing the other side off.....i may piss some people off by saying this.....but right now i miss a guy like Bill Clinton....he at least addressed everyone as Americans....and kept that divide from fracturing.....this Century, this Country has started off with the 2 worst Presidents i have experienced in my lifetime....and if there isnt a leader down the line somewhere to end this lack of leadership and pick this Country up and bring us back together.....this Country may be over.....

You really can't see the difference between a politician referring to the President as an enemy of the Constitution, and the President himself referring to citizens as enemies of each other? Irresponsible choice of words...

When you're in a position of leadership, a position of power, a position of the President of the United States of America, you have a tremendous responsibility for everything you say and project. So much for being an eloquent speaker and a different kind of leader.
Context is your friend. :thup:

If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder, and that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.

Why would Americans who happen to be Latino, think other Americans, who happen not to be of the same political persuasion, as their 'enemies'.... Unless the words are put into their heads.

Context is indeed our friend. And context is a little bit more than the words in context, Ravi. Context is also the 'what, when, where, why, and how' of the words.

Exactly.

Irresponsible choice of words by the President...He shouldn't have said punish either.

How sad that Mr eloquence is such a terrible leader, and sad that some are so afraid of the alternative they are willing to compromise important principles.

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows, in context, he meant opponents or adversaries. WTF. Talk about no common sense. When did enemy become such an unspeakable word?

The president, during any term, is the leader of the party he's in. Political leaders have enemies. They have opponents. The fact that Tancredo can call Obama "a bigger enemy than Al Queda" and have none of you call HIM out for it...speaks volumes.

You're just trying to score a cheap point...instead of taking the comment in context. You might get away with it...but you're either lying to yourself...or your just out right lying.

You really can't see the difference between a politician referring to the President as an enemy of the Constitution, and the President himself referring to citizens as enemies of each other? Irresponsible choice of words...

When you're in a position of leadership, a position of power, a position of the President of the United States of America, you have a tremendous responsibility for everything you say and project. So much for being an eloquent speaker and a different kind of leader.

Good Morning America on Wednesday was the only network morning show to highlight Barack Obama's exhortations that Latinos should help him "punish our enemies." Host George Stephanopoulos played the clip while discussing the issue with conservative Laura Ingraham.

At the same time, he attempted to downplay the President's comments, given during an interview to Univision. After the radio host lambasted Obama, Stephanopoulos defended, "You don't really mean to suggest that it's okay for one side to be hard line and not the other?"

Ingraham shot back: "I don't think it's presidential. And I know everybody's rough-and-tumble in this campaign. But he's still the President."

ABC Alone Features Obama Exhorting Latinos to 'Punish Our Enemies,' Stephanopoulos Downplays

There you go...cherry picking in the most partisan of ways...

Tancredo did the exact same thing and I dont see you saying jack shit about it. But beyond that, the word was synonymous with opponent or adversary. If you don't think that the president has adversaries and opponents, you're naive or intellectually dishonest.

I didn't cherry pick anything. The president said something dumb and I noticed.

Looks like you are the cherry picking partisan here, not I.

Tancredo did the exact same thing and I dont see you saying jack shit about it. But beyond that, the word was synonymous with opponent or adversary. If you don't think that the president has adversaries and opponents, you're naive or intellectually dishonest.

Tancredo aint the leader of our nation.....he is a little piss ant running for Gov. in Colorado.....let the people of Colorado deal with him....MEANWHILE we have a President who is not doing much in the way of bringing this land together is he....instead of firing us up to come together....he is doing the opposite....and a GOOD leader would see this and not choose the words HE chooses to say.....

Forum List

Back