RCP Average 1/12 - 2/5 -- 48.5 44.5 Obama +4.0
ABC News/Wash Post 2/1 - 2/4 879 RV 51 45 Obama +6
Rasmussen Reports 2/3 - 2/5 1500 LV 49 42 Obama +7
USA Today/Gallup 1/27 - 1/28 907 RV 48 48 Tie
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 1/22 - 1/24 RV 49 43 Obama +6
PPP (D) 1/13 - 1/16 700 RV 49 44 Obama +5
CBS News/NY Times 1/12 - 1/16 1021 RV 45 45 Tie

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

It should continue to get even better for Obama.

I hope you're right, but I expect the polls to tighten. Right now Romney is missing some approval from conservative Republicans who haven't accepted him as a candidate, and from some people temporarily turned off by the ugliness of his fight with Gingrich. Romney should also pick up some votes when he begins to court independents in earnest and when he gets a convention bounce. There's also likely to be at least some negative economic news that will hurt Obama.

wow, so rasmussen is good now and gallup blows...got it...:lol:

Rassmussen tends to lean right and I see him on Fox.

In 1948 polls said Dewey would beat Truman. Truman was very unpopular but the, as he called it, "do nothing congress" thought they had a mandate and they pushed too far too fast and sent the unions back into Truman's arms.

History is repeating itself. There is no way Mitt wins. Righties will feel the same way they did after McCain lost. What a weak candidate.

But they are going to try to take back the Senate. 10 Dems are up for re election, only two GOP.

But I think we will hold the Senate AND win back the House. Nancy Pelosi the speaker once again.

It should continue to get even better for Obama.

I hope you're right, but I expect the polls to tighten. Right now Romney is missing some approval from conservative Republicans who haven't accepted him as a candidate, and from some people temporarily turned off by the ugliness of his fight with Gingrich. Romney should also pick up some votes when he begins to court independents in earnest and when he gets a convention bounce. There's also likely to be at least some negative economic news that will hurt Obama.

Republicans are hoping evangelicals will show up and vote for Mitt because he's the lesser of two evils, but wishful thinking.

A cult is a cult is a cult. They wouldn't vote for a Muslim and they won't vote for a Mormon. Not once they really learn the differences. One being that Mormon's think YOU are in a cult. You do not have the authority from God. They do. They got it from God in 1400.

And Romney is a liberal from Massachusettes. If anyone will make them stay home, its Romney. He'll say anything to get elected.

And the Bain Capital story turns off most Americans, religious or not. And he's just not likeable.

The only reason they are running Romney is they couldn't find anyone else who was electable. Christie said no. Jeb said no.

Obama's gonna get 4 more years.

A little early to be counting votes but it is an almost certainty that the better America gets to know Romney the less they are going to like him.

A little early to be counting votes but it is an almost certainty that the better America gets to know Romney the less they are going to like him.

Its a shame thats all you have... Obama certainly cant run on HIS record
:clap2:

well, not with rightwing extremists who wouldn't vote for him if he were the second coming. but his record is actually a pretty good one... not great, but good.

no matter how much the right pretends otherwise.

If Mitt is the head of the GOP ticket then at this point I hope for a landslide loss for Republicans. Republicans need to get their heads out of their ass and now put up with Progressives like Mitt and Newt.

Republican primary voter turnout was down this year 10% - 25% in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, and Nevada.

All swing states....

well, not with rightwing extremists who wouldn't vote for him if he were the second coming. but his record is actually a pretty good one... not great, but good.

Keep telling yourself that toots
:wink_2:

Keep telling yourself that toots
:wink_2:

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

thBRAINS.jpg

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

steamingload-1.png

Last edited:

steamingload.png

Thanks for reposting the facts and responding in a crude way.

This symbolized quite well the difference in our two parties.

steamingload.png

You are a case study in drones.... Obama is the 2nd coming of Christ as far as you are concerned.
Its useless for me to try to reach you with the truth, so I liken you to a cute little chew toy :tongue:

You are a case study in drones.... Obama is the 2nd coming of Christ as far as you are concerned.
Its useless for me to try to reach you with the truth, so I liken you to a cute little chew toy :tongue:

No, Christ has not returned yet.

But when he does, he will be a Democrat, no question.

The right better come up with a better platform that just anti Obama. or they wont stand a chance.

time to pony up Republicans. what are your ideas, besides everything and anything against Obama.

Good luck. I personally think you all are full of shit.

Still too early to look to much into polls.

The Romney campaign is crying about the ABC/Washington post poll, which shows Obama with a 51-45 lead over Willard and independents now backing Obama 48-47, when Willard had a 12 point lead in January. 50% of Americans believe President Obama deserves re-election, which is higher than Bill Clinton at the same period of his re-election bid and the same as George W. Bush, one month out from his re-election in 2004. President Obama now has an approval rating of 50%.

What must gall the Romney camp is that 52% of Americans say the more you know about Willard, the less you like him. That's double the number who say they like him better now they know him.

In Another Country: The More You Know Him, Is --well--Not to Like him Much

Forum List

Back