Obama proposes $1B for science, math teachers

The term investing in America invariably means pay more people to do nothing. Which is hardly a wise investment. It's like investing in a company that never opens its doors, hires no one and produces no product.

Education isn't an end result. Education is a process. What do we get out of investing in education? Nothing. We get people who have been told they need even more self-esteem than their outsized egos already give them.

The term investing in America invariably means pay more people to do nothing. Which is hardly a wise investment. It's like investing in a company that never opens its doors, hires no one and produces no product.

Education isn't an end result. Education is a process. What do we get out of investing in education? Nothing. We get people who have been told they need even more self-esteem than their outsized egos already give them.

Dumbest post I have seen this month

Here's your fucked up world in action...

Lay off a scientist or engineer working in a Govt contractor position suporting the DoD or NASA while making $100,000/year in a perfomance based contract for 1-3 years.

Make that scientist or engineer take a $40,000 year job teaching science to a bunch of kids that most likely won't ever step foot in a science/engineering job. Also, throw in his teacher job isn't performance based, so he can sleepwalk to retirement.

There is your job stimulus bullshit, force people to work lower paying jobs or just give up working together.

Investing in America? What a concept! The dupes are such brainwashed cut spending cultists they're off the walll MORONS. Has NOTHING to do with the end of the shuttle program or imaginary DoD cuts.

Thank god Dems have some intelligence to think about the future. See private space program, aternative energy projects, even IF Chinese dumping ruined Solyndra, 1 of 38 projects. Pub fear mongering is close to treasonous. Total A-HOLES, dupes/haters. See ACA, sig pp3.

Can you show where scientists and engineers are being laid off because of this program?

Longer (MUCH longer) than that. Of course, perhaps you've read more of what's posted here than I have.

Longer (MUCH longer) than that. Of course, perhaps you've read more of what's posted here than I have.

Why is it a dumb post? I think we do have a problem and it needs to be fixed...Maybe it's partly both on the parent and teachers? Maybe an reward system for both would be the best way of going about this...If Obama is going to reward the better teachers, I agree with him.

Do a good job=money and an increase in benefits
Maybe such should be done for the welfare mother that doesn't care to get them to.

I just don't understand what's so dumb about his post.:eusa_silenced:

Last edited:
WHY DON'T WE HAVE THE TEACHERS TEACH THE CURRICULUM AND STOP PASSING

STUDENTS ON WHEN THEY DON'T MEET THE STANDARDS?

It doesn't cost the public a penny and we get students to know they have to do the work and perform to get by! What a concept! Stop letting kids slide through. Hold teachers accountable!

Nah, it's spot on... and you know it.

Why is it a dumb post? I think we do have a problem and it needs to be fixed...Maybe it's partly both on the parent and teachers? Maybe an reward system for both would be the best way of going about this...If Obama is going to reward the better teachers, I agree with him.

Maybe such should be done for the welfare mother that doesn't care to get them to.

Good gosh. Are you trying to leap ahead of Katzndogz?

The first two lines are bad enough, but K outdoes himself in the second paragraph when he says that we get nothing out of investing in education. That statement is beyond mere ignorance since ignorance is merely a lack of knowledge. It's just plain stupid. Or as rightwinger put it, it's dumb.

Nah, it's spot on... and you know it.

Save the billion and make students work for their grades. Meet the requirements of the curriculum and test out of the class. At this point, I don't even trust teachers to accurately evaluate the students progress and not be biased. Use standardized testing to see if the curriculum objectives have been met.

Good gosh. Are you trying to leap ahead of Katzndogz?

The first two lines are bad enough, but K outdoes himself in the second paragraph when he says that we get nothing out of investing in education. That statement is beyond mere ignorance since ignorance is merely a lack of knowledge. It's just plain stupid. Or as rightwinger put it, it's dumb.

I agree that was kind of dumb.:eusa_silenced: It's a good idea to invest in our schools as that's the future of our nation. If Obama is saying that he's going to reward successful teachers for their ability to produce, then I think that's a good idea.

You are just a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

Now you're denying the DoD and NASA budget cuts the past 1-2 years and the pending ones in the future are laying off engineers and scientists.

I'm no longer responding to you, since you are beyond stupid.

Lay off a scientist or engineer working in a Govt contractor position suporting the DoD or NASA while making $100,000/year in a perfomance based contract for 1-3 years.

Make that scientist or engineer take a $40,000 year job teaching science to a bunch of kids that most likely won't ever step foot in a science/engineering job. Also, throw in his teacher job isn't performance based, so he can sleepwalk to retirement.

There is your job stimulus bullshit, force people to work lower paying jobs or just give up working together.

Investing in America? What a concept! The dupes are such brainwashed cut spending cultists they're off the walll MORONS. Has NOTHING to do with the end of the shuttle program or imaginary DoD cuts.

Thank god Dems have some intelligence to think about the future. See private space program, aternative energy projects, even IF Chinese dumping ruined Solyndra, 1 of 38 projects. Pub fear mongering is close to treasonous. Total A-HOLES, dupes/haters. See ACA, sig pp3.

Can you show where scientists and engineers are being laid off because of this program?

You are just a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

Now you're denying the DoD and NASA budget cuts the past 1-2 years and the pending ones in the future are laying off engineers and scientists.

I'm no longer responding to you, since you are beyond stupid.

It really doesn't make sense to cut the "small nasa" budget and fund the military 800 billion a year in some third world shit hole. Without constant advancements we're going to be overtaken by China one day if that is our plan going farward.

Funding an obsolete military 20 years from now with a trillion dollars isn't going to be very effective. As they will become such without a strong science program working on new ways of keeping it such.

Seriously, I agree we must invest in our schools as it all starts there. Without strong schools, we don't have scientific advancements to remain number one...Countries like China are going to push ahead of us if we don't fix these problems.

Russia, China, India, Japan and even Brazil are investing hugely into space. To not remain at the floor front is pretty much saying that we're a second rate power, you go ahead. :eusa_boohoo: That TAKES education.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back