Obama Promises Liberal Groups He'll End Bush-Era Tax Cuts For The Wealthy

Geezus lady are you fucking stupid.
rabbi...please tell me why that was stupid? did you not say this:

thanks for the neg rep Rabbi....you are such a sweet little Chihuahua!

you said that Romney was going to raise taxes on the upper income by reducing their deductions while lowering their rates...YOU SAID this would bring in MORE taxes....which means he would have RAISED TAXES on the upper class...

then in the next breath you said that it was UNFAIR to raise taxes on those who already pay taxes and leave people who do not pay taxes, still not paying taxes....

so, I'll ask YOU AGAIN....

are you saying that Mitt Romney was going to raise taxes on the middle class even though he swore up and down that he wouldn't?

OK, I'll try it again. I will use simple words that anyone can understand.

Romney's tax plan was to LOWER RATES on high income people but limit their deductions (deductions--how much they can take off the income they show for tax). So the rates would go down, but the amount they pay would go up.
Romney's plan was for the upper income tax brackets, not "the middle class."
Now, my opinion (what I think): the "middle class" that pays no income tax are the ones who should pay income tax. We have one of the most steeply progressive (that means high income people pay the vast majority (oops, lots and lots) of income tax paid) systems in the world. It is unfair to base a tax system on that kind of progression. Everyone needs to share in income tax payment.
Personally I support a flat tax: first 30k is tax free. Everything above that is taxed at a flat 18%, I don't care how you made that money.

Aside from our political differences, I like your tax plan idea. I don't understand why a flat percentage tax isn't a more talked about idea. To me it's the most fair system but I've gotten into a lot of arguments about the flat tax where people come up with all sorts of crazy ideas on why it isn't fair.

Obama and Democrats agreed to whats coming in January...The PEOPLE voted for it...LETS ALL go over the cliff..hang this on the Progressives-Democrats NECKS

see you all AT the bottom

Part and parcel with the "Fiscal Cliff" (Which is a terrible name for it) is the dramatic cuts in military spending.

That's government moving my tax money out of my hands into the hands of private corporations to build stuff we don't need and if used causes death and destruction.

That's the REDISTRIBUTION of wealth you folks rail against.

Heres a clue for you right wingers.

You lost the election

Last time I checked, we had three branches of government.
It affords us a system of checks and balances as designed.

Obama was elected to lead, not RULE, though he and other like minded people would be perfectly alright with that arrangement.

Why exactly are poor uneducated conservatives so concerned about the welfare of the wealthy? I just find this phenomenon bizarre.

Also, fuck the Bush Tax Cuts. The only way this country will move forward is to let them expire.

yeah no shit, SO MUCH for liberty and JUSTICE FOR ALL

How does restoring tax rates to sanity and back when this country was actually functioning healthy equate to not having liberty and justice for all?

Taxes should be levied based upon the NEEDS of the country, not the wants of special interest groups.
Is that 'bullet train' from LA to Vegas still in a bill somewhere?
Of course, in the short term it will put people to work.
In the long term, the taxpayer will subsidize it at a considerable loss simply to get people to use it.
Not a very appropriate use of the people's purse.

what I don't understand about the mantra coming from the right wing....

why do you bitch and moan about the middle class working Americans not owing income taxes at the end of the year due to legal deductions and credits, yet you have no problem what so ever defending the wealthiest when they use their legal deductions and credits to bring their tax obligations down like Mitt Romney by millions upon millions of dollars?

I just don't get you guys?

and also, why do you bitch and moan and groan on not raising taxes on anyone and not letting the Bush tax cuts expire, (aka Grover Norquist) on the one hand and then in the same breath bitch and moan and groan and whine about the "47 %" who owe no income taxes on the other hand, when the whole reason they owe no income taxes is due to the Bush Tax cuts that gave them extra child tax credits and school loan deductions etc etc etc?

Yet you don't want those Bush Tax cuts to go away????

Please explain this conundrum...

If we are going to end the tax cuts then they need to end for everyone. Period.

I have no problem with that.

why do you bitch and moan about the middle class working Americans not owing income taxes at the end of the year due to legal deductions and credits, yet you have no problem what so ever defending the wealthiest when they use their legal deductions and credits to bring their tax obligations down like Mitt Romney by millions upon millions of dollars?

and also, why do you bitch and moan and groan on not raising taxes on anyone and not letting the Bush tax cuts expire, (aka Grover Norquist) on the one hand and then in the same breath bitch and moan and groan and whine about the "47 %" who owe no income taxes on the other hand, when the whole reason they owe no income taxes is due to the Bush Tax cuts that gave them extra child tax credits and school loan deductions etc etc etc?

Neither do I. The revenue is in the middle class. Not the Rich. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.

Let the Bush tax cuts expire for all taxpayers.

Obama and Democrats agreed to whats coming in January...The PEOPLE voted for it...LETS ALL go over the cliff..hang this on the Progressives-Democrats NECKS

see you all AT the bottom

Part and parcel with the "Fiscal Cliff" (Which is a terrible name for it) is the dramatic cuts in military spending.

That's government moving my tax money out of my hands into the hands of private corporations to build stuff we don't need and if used causes death and destruction.

That's the REDISTRIBUTION of wealth you folks rail against.

Let's put those tax revenues into stuff we do need like solar and wind and biomass, etc.
The kind of things that return real revenues back to Treasury. :cool:

Neither do I. The revenue is in the middle class. Not the Rich. There aren't enough of them to make a difference.

This is, afterall, what all of those 'moderate' Obama voters demanded.

We shall see how they like their hopey changey when they get their new tax bill and new health insurance bills in '13.

This is, afterall, what all of those 'moderate' Obama voters demanded.

We shall see how they like their hopey changey when they get their new tax bill and new health insurance bills in '13.

I hope it hits them HARD..just wait until ObamaCare taxes and fines hits the college kids who voted for it..

New Topics

Forum List

Back