Obama Promised To Remove The Red Tape For Sandy Victims. Fat Chance.

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
political-pictures-barack-obama-chi.jpg

The story is a common one. Homeless people in Long Island being told that their home is uninhabitable or that it has been condemned. Notices on their doors from inspectors telling them that they need another inspection. Many of them are in limbo waiting over 3 weeks now for another inspection to see if they can start repairing their homes or if they have to raise the structure and start from scratch.

Obama said that he would remove all of the red tape......but it still remains. Nothing has been changed. If anything the bureaucratic mess is even more complex.

If anyone thinks that depending on government solves all of your problems think again. I had to change my insurance during the open season period that hits this time of the year because of changes caused by the Affordable Health Care Act. I received letters telling me where to go to find information on what to do to simply change my policy from 222 to F52. After searching for hours going from the website that was listed in the letter then referred to another website and then another website I found out that I was back where I started.

Truth is the only way you can get anything done when you deal with government is know the system inside and out. That way you can find the shortcuts in the system. But without going through the runaround.

Well, there's the rub. Why do you think it took thousands of pages to describe Obamacare?

Because there are so many hidden roadblocks in the program, many even Congress doesn't know. We had to pass it first to be able to understand it.

The confusing nature of any government program or any government system that is what makes it so undesirable. Knowing that you have to deal with it is enough to make some businesses close their doors.

Fact is, government is good at making the simplest thing extremely complex. That alone is what is causing the mess in New York after hurricane Sandy and is why unemployment will skyrocket now that Obama is back to screw things up for 4 more years. There is no direction, no answers, no sense to the mess. Ft Campbell is feeling the same thing as every other military installation. We ask for direction from the top and none is forthcoming. At least with Bush we knew where to start but with Obama we don't even have that. So it's no surprise to us that Obama gives a speech telling Sandy victims that he's on the job.....then he goes to Thailand and Cambodia for God only knows what.

obamascoamf01.png

Sandy was a huge storm. And the governments actions, at all levels, county, state, and federal, was magnitudes better than what we saw in Katrina. Were there things that could have been done better? Of course, ever time we have a disaster this large, we learn new vulnebilities. However, kudos to Christie, Cuomo, and Bloomberg. And also, our President.

Of course their are people that are still suffering. Many lost their homes and most of their possesions. That is not going to be ok for them for many years. Many lost family members. That will never be ok. And a great many of those homes will not be rebuilt. In some cases, the very land the houses were built on no longer exists.

The fact that you wish to use this to claim incompetance on the part of the President and the government is simply another expression of your hatred of a good man, and disdain for reality. This kind of nonsense lost you and those like you an election. It will lose more if you continue in this vein.

Sandy was a huge storm. And the governments actions, at all levels, county, state, and federal, was magnitudes better than what we saw in Katrina. Were there things that could have been done better? Of course, ever time we have a disaster this large, we learn new vulnebilities. However, kudos to Christie, Cuomo, and Bloomberg. And also, our President.

Of course their are people that are still suffering. Many lost their homes and most of their possesions. That is not going to be ok for them for many years. Many lost family members. That will never be ok. And a great many of those homes will not be rebuilt. In some cases, the very land the houses were built on no longer exists.

The fact that you wish to use this to claim incompetance on the part of the President and the government is simply another expression of your hatred of a good man, and disdain for reality. This kind of nonsense lost you and those like you an election. It will lose more if you continue in this vein.
There no evidence that this disaster is being handled any better than Katrina. If you have any please show it.

As for Obama, I'm simply pointing out his penchant for empty rhetoric.

He doesn't back up his bullshit in other words.

Bush often said how difficult the situation was but at least he didn't promise steak and deliver a shit-sandwich instead.

Last edited:
After basking in the warm glow of a fawning main stream media as he toured the hurricane stricken areas and using that disaster to divert everyone's attention from the debacle in Libya... what has Barack Obama actually DONE for the people affected by Sandy?

Now that the election is over...Barry is off to the Far East to do a little "meet and greet". While he's doing that FEMA is struggling to meet the challenges of Sandy's aftermath and the Middle East is threatening to go up in flames which would send the price of oil sky rocketing again. Those are the tough issues we face and as he usually does, Barack Obama avoids the tough issues. He's doing what he does best...put miles on Air Force One heading "elsewhere".

Need I quote what he said?

Cutting "all of" the red-tape means streamlining the process.

The problem being that there is no evidence on the ground that Obama has influenced changes. Homeowners are in a holding pattern. FEMA has told them to go to the internet to look for answers, found none, then discovered a pink slip on their doors telling them not to enter and wait for the city to get back with them. Homeowners are still waiting on the city to grant them the right to start rebuilding on their own.

And you compassionate individuals on the left think this is better than Katrina. I guess because the media for the most part is focusing on missiles crashing into Israel. Lemmings following the media's lead.

Horse shit. Homeowners are making appointments to meet with FEMA and insurance adjustors right now (listen to the podcast from NPR about it from this morning). This is taking a lot of time BECAUSE THE NUMBER OF HOMES AFFECTED IS ENORMOUS. EVERY single borough was affected. They are working as fast as they can to get people into new homes and assess their options (and I'm not even going to go into how many businesses were likewise affected structurally). Are you in NYC? No? I am, so STFU.

Horse shit. Homeowners are making appointments to meet with FEMA and insurance adjustors right now (listen to the podcast from NPR about it from this morning). This is taking a lot of time BECAUSE THE NUMBER OF HOMES AFFECTED IS ENORMOUS. EVERY single borough was affected. They are working as fast as they can to get people into new homes and assess their options (and I'm not even going to go into how many businesses were likewise affected structurally). Are you in NYC? No? I am, so STFU.

I called a friend who lives in Long Island. He says nothing has changed. He's still unemployed and nothing is getting done.

That means that Obama did squat.

So shove it scrote. (Short for scrotum)

This morning a woman was talking about making appointments with insurance adjusters and city inspectors for the 4th time because they keep cancelling.

Last edited:
I called a friend who lives in Long Island. He says nothing has changed. He's still unemployed and nothing is getting done.

This morning a woman was talking about making appointments with insurance adjusters and city inspectors for the 4th time because they keep cancelling.

You know why that is, don't you? Do you know how much damage there is? Apparently, you don't. The Rockaways and Coney Island are complete disaster areas... not to mention the horror that is Staten Island. There is no way for the inspectors to snap their fingers and have everyone sorted out magically. And Obama was supposed to go to LI and give your buddy a job? Seriously? The lights are on in Manhattan, and McD's is always hiring if he's that hard up. Stop politicizing this tragedy for no reason. This has nothing at all to do with red tape. Why don't you learn to be an inspector and get your butt up here and help, if you're so concerned?

Last edited:
I'm sure if there were a huge Black population here, they'd have already seen plenty of help by now. But no...just White people. They are no big deal to Black Barack.

Funny, the federal action looks exactly like it did after Katrina, As I recall, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Missouri handled Katrian much better than Louisiana did, and actually did a better job than New York is actually doing right now. I honestly think Louisiana did a better job than New York is currently doing, I don't recall any stories about the Gulf Coast of Louisiana being unable to rebuild because inspectors hadn't given them permission yet.

Again, feel free to prove me wrong, if you can.

You know why that is, don't you? Do you know how much damage there is? Apparently, you don't. The Rockaways and Coney Island are complete disaster areas... not to mention the horror that is Staten Island. There is no way for the inspectors to snap their fingers and have everyone sorted out magically. And Obama was supposed to go to LI and give your buddy a job? Seriously? The lights are on in Manhattan, and McD's is always hiring if he's that hard up. Stop politicizing this tragedy for no reason. This has nothing at all to do with red tape. Why don't you learn to be an inspector and get your butt up here and help, if you're so concerned?

Dude......I keep remembering the shit you fuckwads gave Bush and your words fall on deaf ears.

Know what I mean?

New Topics

Forum List

Back