Obama Pretends his tax plan is the only game in town

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
he plays you people for suckers
Links in article at site

SNIP:

Dec 01, 2012 09:45 AM EST

This week, when speaking at children's toy K'NEX factory in Pennsylvania, President Obama urged the House of Representatives merely to pass what Harry Reid's Senate has passed and send him the bill.

The Senate has already passed a bill to keep income taxes from going up on middle-class families. That’s already passed the Senate. Your member of Congress like Allyson and Chaka, other Democrats in the House, they're ready to go. They're ready to vote on that same thing. And if we can just get a few House Republicans on board, we can pass the bill in the House. It will land on my desk, and I am ready -- I've got a bunch of pens ready to sign this bill.

This implies that the House is intransigent and uncompromising. What Obama neglected to mention is that the House has already passed a comprehensive tax cut package that prevents taxes from going up on middle-class families - it's just that the President and Harry Reid will refuse to even consider it.

all of it here
Tipsheet

I have no problem with raising the capital gains tax to marginal rates, especially if we eliminate the corporate income tax as many have suggested on the right.

Forum List

Back