Obama: Powell will have a role in administration

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
WASHINGTON (AP) — Colin Powell will have a role as a top presidential adviser in an Obama administration, the Democratic White House hopeful said Monday.

"He will have a role as one of my advisers," Barack Obama said on NBC's "Today" in an interview aired Monday, a day after Powell, a four-star general and President Bush's former secretary of state, endorsed him.

"Whether he wants to take a formal role, whether that's a good fit for him, is something we'd have to discuss," Obama said.

The Associated Press: Obama: Powell will have a role in adminstration

Thoughts?

Actually, I didn't think it was because Powell is an opportunistic whore. But I find it interesting that you do.

Well either that or he wants a black boss. It could go either way. Maybe he's worried that Obama can't pull it off and will blow it for future blacks. Maybe his wife likes DC .

• Banned
Well either that or he wants a black boss. It could go either way. Maybe he's worried that Obama can't pull it off and will blow it for future blacks. Maybe his wife likes DC .

Because clearly he couldn't possibly think Obama is the better man for the job. :doubt:

We've seen what Powell can do in an administration: nothing. I adore the man, but he needs to grow a pair.

Wierd how Obama picks the same guy Bush did. I guess we got a Bamabush now too. The more things change the more they stay the same.:lol:

sec. of state

you heard it here first.

No, I see something much less prominant for Powell. He'll be involved, but not to that level.

I have to say though, it's disgusting to see the Right who praised and loved Powell 8 years ago, disparriage a 4-star General who served this country with honor during Vietnam and was the joint chiefs of staff during the original Gulf War. The Right could've just said "We respect Colin Powell and his endorsment, however; there are several other endorsments John McCain has received. Such as..." and then just list them. If they would've brushed it off as an irrelevant endorsment, this wouldn't have been a big deal. The way they've reacted to this, though is incredible. Such fury, such anger... it's kind of funny to see Limbaugh get all bent out of shape because of this.

No, I see something much less prominant for Powell. He'll be involved, but not to that level.

I have to say though, it's disgusting to see the Right who praised and loved Powell 8 years ago, disparriage a 4-star General who served this country with honor during Vietnam and was the joint chiefs of staff during the original Gulf War. The Right could've just said "We respect Colin Powell and his endorsment, however; there are several other endorsments John McCain has received. Such as..." and then just list them. If they would've brushed it off as an irrelevant endorsment, this wouldn't have been a big deal. The way they've reacted to this, though is incredible. Such fury, such anger... it's kind of funny to see Limbaugh get all bent out of shape because of this.

Are you surprised? Limbaugh always gets bent out of shape. Why do you bother listening to the guy anymore? I don't think I've ever listened to more than a whole sentence of him.

Are you surprised? Limbaugh always gets bent out of shape. Why do you bother listening to the guy anymore? I don't think I've ever listened to more than a whole sentence of him.

David is just trying to avoid admitting that Obama picked the same guy Bush did. I can't wait to hear how he used to be bad but now he is good. :lol:

He's entertaining. It's kind of like watching racing. Why do people watch racing? To see a huge crash. I think that's what people are looking at when they see the Republican Party right now.. a huge crash.

David is just trying to avoid admitting that Obama picked the same guy Bush did. I can't wait to hear how he used to be bad but now he is good. :lol:

Actually when Bush picked Powell, it was seen as a reach across the aisle. Powell is a known liberal being pro-choice and supporting programs such as affirmative action. Did you read his book that came out 12 years ago? I did. He's an intellectual and a great man and he has served this country with honor.

I actually met him back in 1994-1995 when it was speculated he'd run in 1996. That was one man I would be afraid to meet in a dark alley. He's got the mindset of a soldier and he wouldn't think twice about snapping your neck if he thought it was what was best for this country.

Powell resigned in 2004 because he wanted nothing more to do with the Bush administration.

Heres the thing about Powell as Obama's sec of state... He is still our beloved general from the first gulf war despite the bullshit that party politics had him hopping through in 03. Despite those glossy little mobile chem labs images we all know that he was not the one pushing to sell the Iraq war. Not only is he knowledgeable about current world conflicts but he is a moderate republican instead of the kind of guy Bill Krystol jerks off to. That goes a long way. Indeed, what better gesture to to bridge the political gap than a moderate republican, nay The General from the first gulf war, taking over Condi's role?

I could be wrong, this is a shot from the hip... but it would not shock me to see Powell take up the reigns of that position once again during this Presidency. I just don't think his utility is done working.

I don't think it's so much that we WAS bad as we all realize that he WAS railroaded into playing a role that he did not want to play.

I don't think it's so much that we WAS bad as we all realize that he WAS railroaded into playing a role that he did not want to play.

ahhhh the old---"he was tricked into it" routine again. I've never seen such a crowd of gullible and naive people in my life. Hey Shog ---pull my finger ! !!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back