Obama Pours Troops Into Afghanistan

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
So is the "war on terror" now cool with the liberal set?

I thought ONE advantage of voting for Obama would be that he would knock off the goddamn war.

Liberals?

Obama never claimed he would pull out of afghanistan. In fact, he said he was going to refocus on Afghanistan.

Obama never claimed he would pull out of afghanistan. In fact, he said he was going to refocus on Afghanistan.

That he did. So, explain this:

WASHINGTON, May 14 (UPI) -- The Obama administration's national security policies are causing growing unease among congressional Democrats, political observers say.
continued....
Democratic leaders uneasy over security - UPI.com

The democratic party is not a hive mind, and has disagreements about things?

WASHINGTON, May 14 (UPI) -- The Obama administration's national security policies are causing growing unease among congressional Democrats, political observers say.
continued....

I would accept that explanation were it not for the fact that "the anti-war gang" [description given by one of them] was and has been pissed off with him before and since the election, yet this issue wasn't a imortant enough to them to reconsider their vote. They found ways to justify their vote instead. Hell, it isn't as if Obama would have lost the election without them. They're just a little bunch of left-wingers, right?

See, it's the same kind of reasoning that overlooked the 2006 election platform and what the Dems did after the election. They failed (miserably) to stand up for what they believed in because they were scared to death of a veto threat. So, while that "anti-war gang" knew, going in, what was going on and where this was to expect, they went along with it anyway.

Now, he's not just focused on Afghanistan, Dems are still "hoping and praying" that he'll "keep us out of that shitestorm". (A direct quote from one earlier this morning.)

I thought ONE advantage of voting for Obama would be that he would knock off the goddamn war.

Liberals?

Were you even following the election this year?

I know, right?

ahh ----Bringing democracy to Afghanistan is different

He said he was going to refocus on Afghanistan his entire campaign. He's following through with what he campaigned on in this respect.

The continuation of this misadventure in Afghanistan is NOT COOL with me.

He seems to be withdrawling troops from Iraq, while escalating the war in Afghanistan.

I'm not at ALL cool with that, and no so called "liberal" I know in the real world IS cool with that, either.

Not that liberals have much sway with the DNC...which is exactly what we liberals on this board have been trying to tell people like you for many years now.

The DNC is NOT run by liberals.

The RNC is NOT run by conservatives.​

You have to be fucking stupid not to understand THAT by now.

Are you stupid William Joyce?

I don't think you are.

Ergo I can only assume that you WANT to advance the lie that the parties represent authentic liberals' or conservatives' thinking.

Liberals?

I know, right?

He said he was going to refocus on Afghanistan his entire campaign. He's following through with what he campaigned on in this respect.

What did Afghanistan do to America that is so much more deserving of us blowing the shit out them .

I know, right?

What did Afghanistan do to America that is so much more deserving of us blowing the shit out them .

Hmmm.... Harboring the mastermind have any meaning?

I know, right?

Hmmm.... Harboring the mastermind have any meaning?

Well, if intelligence sources are to be trusted, then PAKISTAN is now harboring that same criminal.

Should we invade and occupy Pakistan, too?

Ergo I can only assume that you WANT to advance the lie that the parties represent authentic liberals' or conservatives' thinking.

Not my intention.

Obama did mention Afghanistan during his campaign, but it was couched in a more general context of ending the war.

The war's not being ended, though.

It's the same neocon madness as before, only with Rahm Emmanuel pulling the strings instead of Richard Perle.

continued....

If you read the article it says basically that pundits say so and so, with no actual quotes from Dems.

What else can be expected of the UPI.

:lol:

Forum List

Back