Obama Policies Leading to Civil War in Iraq

The purpose of this thread is to point out the hypocrisy of you liberals.

We don't hear about the war anymore.... wonder why?

Could it be that you used it just to demonize Bush, but now that Obama is in charge you don't care about Iraq?

NO hypocrisy, Obama didn't start the war, Bush did. Pulling out without a secure government and security forces would lead to civil war. You suggest he should pull out to avoid civil war. I've stated, even when Bush was president, that once we were there we needed to see it through and not leave a power vacuum that would lead to war, and even called people that were claiming we should pull out that they should not. What I didn''t like was the entire invasion to begin with.

Bush should of thought about that before jumping in to the Iraq war. Probably wanted to make sure it happened before he was up for re-election.

Could it be that you used it just to demonize Bush, but now that Obama is in charge you don't care about Iraq?

Its just another mess that Bush left for the next president to clean up..

I love it when conservatives giggle that they created too big a mess for Obama to clean up

LMAO

Now invading occupying and overthrowing Sadam is Obama's fault? Heck he never even voted power to invade to bush.

No, to be fair to the OP the point was it's Obama's fault we're STILL in Iraq, not that he got us in Iraq.

At this point mentioning Bush is redundant. We're a year or so into this administration.

These two occupations and this economy are now Obama's occupation and Obama's economy.

That is... good or bad, of course.

LMAO

Now invading occupying and overthrowing Sadam is Obama's fault? Heck he never even voted power to invade to bush.

No, to be fair to the OP the point was it's Obama's fault we're STILL in Iraq, not that he got us in Iraq.

At this point mentioning Bush is redundant. We're a year or so into this administration.

These two occupations and this economy are now Obama's occupation and Obama's economy.

Agree...

Obama is not responsible for the hand he was dealt.

He is responsible for how he plays that hand

LMAO

actually, he was claiming Obama's actions in Iraq are going to lead to civil war. Frankly our presence is what's preventing civil war. If we did pull out, civil war would be inevitable. Then terrorist from all over the region would flock to try and gain a favorable gov't to harbor their terrorists activities, kind of like the Taliban in afghanistan.

We left them to fend for themselves after helping them defeat USSR, which paved the way for ruthless warlords, and eventually the rise of the Taliban

Last edited:
Sadam was the cork in this bottle called Iraq. Yeah he was cork made of shit but he was a cork none the less.

This country has historically NEVER wanted to be a country.

It was created as a country by the left over areas from the formations of the neighboring countries.

THIS IS WHY it was so very fucked to take Sadam out and to pretend it was going to be easy to make Iraq a cohesive country.

Iraq will be fighting itself internally for decades to come right up until they find a new shit cork.

Noone said it would be easy. In fact, I remember Bush saying it woudl be extremely difficult.

I don't remember that at all.

This is what I remember:

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

bush_codpiece.jpg

and then, I remember this:
Bush-shoe-throwing.jpg

FOXNews.com - Odierno: U.S. on Target to Withdraw Combat Troops From Iraq by September

Odierno currently is leading 95,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, but said he expects to cut that number in half by the end of the summer in accordance with an agreement with the Iraqi government. That plan would leave 50,000 non-combat servicemembers to "advise and assist" the Iraqi forces.

---------

Of course, as everyone knows, the most troops in Iraq at any one time was over 162,000.

You do the math.

Not only did Obama not pull out, he increased our troop presence in the Middle East.
Because More War = More Jobs & Oil.
For this he got a Nobel Prize. - Go Figure. Nobel Hacks.

We don't hear as much about Iraq anymore because Americans aren't being killed at the rate of a hundred a month. They are now away from immediate hostilities, thank God. The "news" from Iraq is about their ongoing internal struggles and when there is something to report, I hear and read about it. That you don't just means you're not paying attention.

LMAO

Withdrawal from Iraq was always based on conditions on the ground. That said, it's all going as planned. Did people think a repeat of the helicopter evacuation in Viet Nam would happen?

ANALYSIS-U.S. withdrawal from Iraq on schedule -- for now | Reuters

Odierno Says US Withdrawal From Iraq on Track | USA | English

Forum List

Back