Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs
y Joseph Weber
Energy In America
Published September 19, 2012
FoxNews.com

The announcement that 1,200 coal-mining jobs have been eliminated across central Appalachia has sparked renewed cries that Obama administration policies are crippling domestic-energy production and jobs -- and is already factoring into the 2012 presidential race.
Alpha Natural Resources announced Tuesday its plan to cut the positions and scale back coal production by 16 million tons annually -- which would result in eight mine closings in Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Four-hundred workers will be laid off immediately, though the company reportedly may try to re-hire some of the 1,200.
Kevin Crutchfield, the company’s chief executive officer, said the lay-offs and the closings of the non-union mines are the result a difficult market in which power plants are switching to abundant, less-expensive natural gas and "a regulatory environment that's aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal."

However, elected officials and business groups have been less oblique in their analysis, saying Alpha employees are victims of President Obama’s so-called "War on Coal."
The Mitt Romney campaign is among the most recent to put the blame squarely on the president, releasing a TV ad Wednesday that reminds voters about what Obama said in 2008.
“If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can, it's just that it will bankrupt them,” the president said, in a quote interpreted by critics as a campaign promise that coal would have no future in an Obama White House.

Obama policies hammered following coal-mine closings, layoffs | Fox News

This doesn't surprise me in the least--the only SHOVEL ready project that would have put to work 10's of thousands of Americans the very next day--the (Keystone Pipeline)--Obama said NO to.

Obama is out after fossil fuels--and coal is one of the "nasty" sources of energy that Obama loathes--(no matter how much he campaigns on an all of the above for energy)--he's lying to you.

Bok2011-11-16.gif

"Barack Obama is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--Clint Eastwood

Fracking and cheap natural gas are hurting coal more than EPA regulations. The frackers need stricter EPA oversight and regulations.

Meaning you'd like to kill that industry as well. The last thing this country needs is stricter EPA oversight over anything.

No, idiot, I just don't want to see everyone's faucets burning like a cigarette lighter and major underground water supplies contaminated. Do you?

BTW, what the hell is "clean coal"...?

Only liberal morons believe fracking caused anyone's faucet to light on fire. No one's water supply is in the slightest bit of danger. The only thing the EPA protects us from is prosperity and cheap energy.

Only liberal morons believe fracking caused anyone's faucet to light on fire. No one's water supply is in the slightest bit of danger. The only thing the EPA protects us from is prosperity and cheap energy.

Oh really? Here are a bunch from Utah. I really would hate to see what would happen to our collectively owned natural resources if you corporatist assholes really ever did get a hold on power in this country:

Horror Stories | Fracking Arkansas

Oh really? Here are a bunch from Utah. I really would hate to see what would happen to our collectively owned natural resources if you corporatist assholes really ever did get a hold on power in this country:

Horror Stories | Fracking Arkansas

Your testimonial evidence doesn't prove jack shit. All you proved is that libturds will believe anything.

Forum List

Back