Obama Plays.. Unemployment Card...?

Link and in context to what he said.
The context was PURE SPITE because the election didn't go the way he wanted. THERE, take that!

Parsing The Messiah's Speech - The Rush Limbaugh Show
November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

October? November?

Which is it?

Could it be Rush saw what was coming and he was correct?

All YOU have done is point to the fact that he was in context.
YOU dishonestly edited out the date for the first quote which was immediately after the election in November, and the October quote was to show exactly who your America-hating MessiahRushie means by "all your Joe the Plumbers," an "average citizen."

Your MessiahRushie SPITEFULLY hopes ALL average American citizens SUFFER because the election didn't go his way!!!

The context was PURE SPITE because the election didn't go the way he wanted. THERE, take that!

Parsing The Messiah's Speech - The Rush Limbaugh Show
November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008
RUSH:* Joe the Plumber.* Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

October? November?

Which is it?

YOU dishonestly edited out the date for the first quote which was immediately after the election in November, and the October quote was to show exactly who your America-hating MessiahRushie means by "all your Joe the Plumbers," an "average citizen."

Your MessiahRushie SPITEFULLY hopes ALL average American citizens SUFFER because the election didn't go his way!!!

NO I posted what YOU wrote asshole.

Did FULL AUTO edit your post as well?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5275449-post47.html

Fucking DOLT.

Last edited:
UE rate is computed by dividing the number of unemployed people actively looking for work by the total labor force. The government removes people who have given up looking or started receiving welfare benefits from the total labor force.
Graph one shows how UE rate goes down as total labor force goes down.

participation-and-UE-rate.gif
Graph one, even with it's dishonest start point does not show what you claim. The labor force has been declining well before your chart starts, but even where it starts you can see UE rising while the LF falls. The LF is falling because Boomers are retiring and it will continue to fall for the next 20 years because retirees are leaving the work force faster than new workers are entering the labor force.

60,000 a month compared to over 300 million? :eusa_whistle:

No, 60,000 households (around 110,000 individuals) to represent around 250,000,000 people. Children under16, the military, people in prison or other institutions aren't covered.

Sample size is fine.

I asked you households now you're expanding it?
No, you asked households and I gave you households and gave an approximation of the # of individuals. The definition of household is all the people living together as a unit.

You will not get an accurate number if you do more than one person per household..
Why on earth not? What possible negative effect do you think that could have?

October? November?

Which is it?

Fucking DOLT.
No, the Nov date was still in the post YOU just linked to. :asshole:

Fucking LIAR.

Fucking DOLT.

Fucking LIAR.

Son? You got CAUGHT in a LIE despite the date. Altering another's POST is a bannable offense. YOU altered your own post when faced with the faux pas.

IDIOT.

Fucking DOLT.

Fucking LIAR.

Son? You got CAUGHT in a LIE despite the date. Altering another's POST is a bannable offense. YOU altered your own post when faced with the faux pas.

IDIOT.
You are full of SHIT! I altered nothing!

So report me. :asshole:

No, 60,000 households (around 110,000 individuals) to represent around 250,000,000 people. Children under16, the military, people in prison or other institutions aren't covered.

Sample size is fine.

No, you asked households and I gave you households and gave an approximation of the # of individuals. The definition of household is all the people living together as a unit.

You will not get an accurate number if you do more than one person per household..

What you did was expand what I asked for and you failed. 60,000 households is not that much. and if you ask more than one person per house you are not going to get a correct number.

What you did was expand what I asked for and you failed.
I didn't "expand" anything. Household, BY DEFINITION, means everyone in the household. I have. O idea what you think I was trying to do that I "failed."

60,000 households is not that much.
it's plenty.

and if you ask more than one person per house you are not going to get a correct number.
Why not? Oh, and only one person in the household answers the questions, but they answer for every infividual in the household.

UE rate is computed by dividing the number of unemployed people actively looking for work by the total labor force. The government removes people who have given up looking or started receiving welfare benefits from the total labor force.

Graph one, even with it's dishonest start point does not show what you claim. The labor force has been declining well before your chart starts, but even where it starts you can see UE rising while the LF falls. The LF is falling because Boomers are retiring and it will continue to fall for the next 20 years because retirees are leaving the work force faster than new workers are entering the labor force.
Conveniently edited out the second graph, huh?

Conveniently edited out the second graph, huh?
It's what he and other dishonest asses as him do.

I didn't "expand" anything. Household, BY DEFINITION, means everyone in the household. I have. O idea what you think I was trying to do that I "failed."

60,000 households is not that much.
it's plenty.

and if you ask more than one person per house you are not going to get a correct number.
Why not? Oh, and only one person in the household answers the questions, but they answer for every infividual in the household.
I asked you how many household were polled and your answer is?

60000 households out of let's say 150 million is not enough.

Last edited:
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat35.pdf

It is common for partisans to call this the count of "discouraged" workers. That is a very misleading label. Many of those who are not counted in the labor force are out of the labor force by choice.

For instance, you can see the largest increase from 2010 to 2011 is those people who do not want a job. They are not discouraged, they do not want a job.

The number of "discouraged over job prospects" actually dropped in the past year.

Go to the source, not to some AM radio bloviator.

While that is technically correct as per the BLS stats, those who are "marginally attached" (those who want a job but did not look for one in the last four weeks), which includes the "discouraged", went up. These are mainly for what the survey refers to as "other" reasons, like lack of child care, transportation, or just plain didn't say why. The UE rate can go down as benefits expire; you are required to look for work while you are receiving UE benefits, and so by definition must be counted as unemployed; you are not once you can't collect any more, and therefore can stop looking. At that point they may use other excuses like transportation or "family responsibilities", or just that they don't want to work anymore.

Another well-documented reason for the reduction in UE rates is the tendency for people to move to other government programs when the benefits expire. There has been a dramatic increase in SSI disability participants, interestingly correlating with the loss of unemployment benefits. Since SSI requires that you be unable to work (although the reasons can be as simple as "muscle pain" or "mental illness"), you would by definition be unable to claim that you were looking for work. The SSI rolls have swelled by 2.2 million since the middle of 2010; it doesn't look coincidental:

disability%2BFRED%2B2012-05-05.png

The requirements for SSI are somewhat lax, and there may be incentives for federal employees making the decisions to grant SSI to assist the administration (which is after all their employer) in reducing the UE rate. If you're looking for a conspiracy, that's a more likely scenario.

it's plenty.

Yes, it is. Why do you think it's not?

And I still have no idea why you think getting data on each individual on a household would be less accurate,

it's plenty.

And I still have no idea why you think getting data on each individual on a household would be less accurate,

That's less than 1 percent

I don't know anyone that has been polled are they polling the same areas of households or do they poll others and how long between poll do they poll the same area if they mover their polls from area to area.

Last edited:

and? The larger the universe, the lower percent necessary. For a universe of 250 million, 110 thousand is accurate enough. At 90% confidence, the error for the UE rate is+/- 0.2 percentage points. In other words, for April, there is 90% chance the actual rate is between 7.9% and 8.3%. That's not accurate enough for you?

I don't know anyone that has been polled are they polling the same areas of households or do they poll others and how long between poll do they poll the same area if they mover their polls from area to area.
Short non technical version Chapter 1, Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey
Currently the 2010 census is used.

and? The larger the universe, the lower percent necessary. For a universe of 250 million, 110 thousand is accurate enough. At 90% confidence, the error for the UE rate is+/- 0.2 percentage points. In other words, for April, there is 90% chance the actual rate is between 7.9% and 8.3%. That's not accurate enough for you?

Short non technical version Chapter 1, Labor Force Data Derived from the Current Population Survey

The larger the universe, the lower percent necessary. For a universe of 250 million, 110 thousand is accurate enough

Do you really want to stick with that? The unemployment numbers that are being reported today are not correct, Those numbers are not showing the true numbers of people being unemployed. Let's poll 200 households how about that?

The larger the universe, the lower percent necessary. For a universe of 250 million, 110 thousand is accurate enough

Do you really want to stick with that? The unemployment numbers that are being reported today are not correct, Those numbers are not showing the true numbers of people being unemployed. Let's poll 200 households how about that?
How do you know they're not accurate? Oh it's just what you feel.

And while 60k households is adequate and it was down to 50k for a while, 50k wasn't quite good enough. Now how large a sole do you think is necessary and how would you pay for it?

How do you know they're not accurate? Oh it's just what you feel.

And while 60k households is adequate and it was down to 50k for a while, 50k wasn't quite good enough. Now how large a sole do you think is necessary and how would you pay for it?

Either we have had a lot of unreported deaths or we have lost a lot of Americans from unemployment numbers without adding any new jobs to match the lose. Really do you want to rehash that again?

Approx 60,000/month, which is perfectly fine for national numbers. Households are in for 4 months, out for 8, back in for 4. So 3/4 of the sample is the same from one month to the next and 1/2 the same got the same month in different years.
60,000 a month compared to over 300 million? :eusa_whistle:

Sample size is fine.

Link???

Forum List

Back