Obama Plays.. Unemployment Card...?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Yup, I listened to Rush today...:lol:..

...and it seems by September the 20 week extension of unemployment with be canceled for all remaining States to make the unemployment numbers look good for the Obama 2012 election. Well, as we all know the unemployment figures are bullshit at best and many more unemployed will be filed under non-existent (unaccounted for) and also be receiving no unemployment benefits.

-- but Obama will look good to the uninformed for lower unemployment figures and blaming the Republicans is standard procedure I guess, so expect that and choose sides..

(I tried to get a link with some information on this but failed but I'm thinking this Obama ploy on the American people will be coming out soon...:eusa_shifty:)

He timed the extension of 99 weeks to expire within the last 3 months......now to get the rest of those suckers off the role so it looks better.

I don't think he's going to look too good to those that don't have a job.

...and it seems by September the 20 week extension of unemployment with be canceled for all remaining States to make the unemployment numbers look good for the Obama 2012 election.

If you are unemployed, whether or not you are collecting Unemployment has no effect on the unemployment numbers.

Who is counted as unemployed?

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.

Bureau of Labor Statistics

There is a list of questions they ask in their surveys, and none of them ask if the person is collecting Unemployment.

...and it seems by September the 20 week extension of unemployment with be canceled for all remaining States to make the unemployment numbers look good for the Obama 2012 election.

If you are unemployed, whether or not you are collecting Unemployment has no effect on the unemployment numbers.

I said that.. you don't exist if you're unemployed and not receiving benefits...

...and it seems by September the 20 week extension of unemployment with be canceled for all remaining States to make the unemployment numbers look good for the Obama 2012 election. Well, as we all know the unemployment figures are bullshit at best and many more unemployed will be filed under non-existent (unaccounted for) and also be receiving no unemployment benefits.

-- but Obama will look good to the uninformed for lower unemployment figures and blaming the Republicans is standard procedure I guess, so expect that and choose sides..

(I tried to get a link with some information on this but failed but I'm thinking this Obama ploy on the American people will be coming out soon...:eusa_shifty:)
As did I...it's all too neat for Obama, isn't it?

Hmm....sounds as if he is slowly cooking his own goose. I just wish more people cared about the charade going on in WA with the American people by their own president most of them voted into office, but they just don't want to face or research the truths....

It is a false meme that the number of people not looking for work is hidden or that they are not counted.

The BLS publishes these figures as well, and anyone can look them up if they have a desire to actually do so instead of buying into some bogus meme.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat35.pdf

The methods of counting these people has not changed since before Obama took office. There is no conspiracy.

It is common for partisans to call this the count of "discouraged" workers. That is a very misleading label. Many of those who are not counted in the labor force are out of the labor force by choice.

For instance, you can see the largest increase from 2010 to 2011 is those people who do not want a job. They are not discouraged, they do not want a job.

The number of "discouraged over job prospects" actually dropped in the past year.

Go to the source, not to some AM radio bloviator.

Hmm....sounds as if he is slowly cooking his own goose. I just wish more people cared about the charade going on in WA with the American people by their own president most of them voted into office, but they just don't want to face or research the truths....
...They don't because the truth destroys ALL they work for...wrecking lives for power...it would be a cross they could never carry...thier world view would be shattered permanently.

As did I...it's all too neat for Obama, isn't it?

Once again, whether or not you are collecting Unemployment has no effect on the employment figures.

Try facts. They are better than magical thinking.

I said that.. you don't exist if you're unemployed and not receiving benefits...

That is incorrect. You are counted in the unemployment figures. So your claim that what happens in September will make the unemployment numbers look good is total fiction. It won't affect them at all.

Why don't the Republicans screw Obama and further extend unemployment benefits?

It is a false meme that the number of people not looking for work is hidden or that they are not counted.

The BLS publishes these figures as well, and anyone can look them up if they have a desire to actually do so instead of buying into some bogus meme.

The methods of counting these people has not changed since before Obama took office. There is no conspiracy.

Nobody said there was a conspiracy? :eusa_eh:
Everybody said the real number is much higher than the rosy glasses method they use.

Forum List

Back