Obama Plays The Race Card

You're ignoring demographic facts in order to justify your outrage.

I'm currently working on a field operation for a governor's election this cycle. If the inner cities in the state come out to vote, my candidate will win in a landslide. If not, he will lose. It's not a matter of opinion, and it may not be politically correct. But it's true.

So what you think is they just want Blacks to not show up, and not All Democrats in General?

interesting.

Oh and I am not outraged, Not even surprised. I got used to Obama and his supporters constantly playing the Race card 2 years ago. :)

Obviously they want all Democrats to come to the polls. But inner city voters are much more likely to have very low turnout. Hence the comments.

Explain exactly how it's playing the race card, by the way.

By bringing up Blacks at all.

All he had to say is they want Democrats to stay home, Instead he chose to single out blacks among other groups.

I have also heard him claim that "they said we should not elect a black man with a funny name"

The only problem is Nobody can show any evidence of any none Fringe Republican every saying anything of the sort.

The Funny name line is his.

It isn't?

Why would anyone bother to start a conversation about a black democratic president encouraging black voters to vote, if its already obvious that they will vote, and vote for democrats?

Clearly, it is NOT a forgone conclusion, or Obama wouldn't be begging them to vote. Just as clear is the desperation of the democrats to awaken what should be their most reliable voters.

The "most reliable voters" with the historically lowest turnout rate? He's getting the vote out.

I still don't see what's so bad about this? I thought liberals were supposed to be the ones obsessed with "political correctness".

There's certainly no issue with asking people to vote.

But that's not what Barak Hussein said.

He said: Republicans Are 'Counting On Black Folks Staying Home'

This assumes A. Blacks vote democratically, as a block.

Could you possibly imagine Bush giving a speech, telling Republicans that "Democrats Are COUNTING ON WHITE FOLKS STAYING HOME," and not being called a race baiter?

Yes, exactly. A blatant appeal to race.

It isn't?

Why would anyone bother to start a conversation about a black democratic president encouraging black voters to vote, if its already obvious that they will vote, and vote for democrats?

Clearly, it is NOT a forgone conclusion, or Obama wouldn't be begging them to vote. Just as clear is the desperation of the democrats to awaken what should be their most reliable voters.

The "most reliable voters" with the historically lowest turnout rate? He's getting the vote out.

I still don't see what's so bad about this? I thought liberals were supposed to be the ones obsessed with "political correctness".

Could you possibly imagine Bush giving a speech, telling Republicans that "Democrats Are COUNTING ON WHITE FOLKS STAYING HOME," and not being called a race baiter?

Imagining what would happen really is irrelevant to what we're talking about. I already see the "outrage" in this thread. But your supposition still doesn't take demographics in account, which is the entire point.

As I said, you're being mindlessly politically correct, and ignoring the facts of the matter.

Imagining what would happen really is irrelevant to what we're talking about. I already see the "outrage" in this thread. But your supposition still doesn't take demographics in account, which is the entire point.

As I said, you're being mindlessly politically correct, and ignoring the facts of the matter.

What fact have I overlooked?

The only thing I find outrageous is the acceptance of duplicity: Its OK to bait black constituants to vote, but its completely wrong to bait white voters.

The only thing I find outrageous is the acceptance of duplicity: Its OK to bait black constituants to vote, but its completely wrong to bait white voters.

Who said it's "wrong" to do anything?

You didn't but the fact remains if A white person said they are counting on whites staying home. Democrats would cry racism, and say how wrong it was for them to say it.

Do you think it would be right to bait white voters saying that, "Democrats don't want white folks to vote?"

Yes or no?

Do you think it would be right to bait white voters saying that, "Democrats don't want white folks to vote?"

Yes or no?

I don't think it would be "wrong", no. It would a pretty stupid thing to say, but I wouldn't be "outraged". I wouldn't care.

You didn't but the fact remains if A white person said they are counting on whites staying home. Democrats would cry racism, and say how wrong it was for them to say it.

Just like all the conservatives in this thread are calling "racism" right now.

Doesn't mean either side is correct in their asinine pursuit of political correctness.

Doesn't mean either side is correct in their asinine pursuit of political correctness.

All? I am not calling racism sir. Playing the race card is not Racism, it is just wrong, and kind of desperate.

All? I am not calling racism sir. Playing the race card is not Racism, it is just wrong, and kind of desperate.

I apologize for the ambiguity of my wording. I did not mean "all conservatives", I was referring specifically to the people who are calling racism in this thread.

Yes or no?

I don't think it would be "wrong", no. It would a pretty stupid thing to say, but I wouldn't be "outraged". I wouldn't care.

Semantics

wrong = a pretty stupid thing

Now you're just being laughably evasive.

At least its entertaing to watch.:lol::lol::lol:

Yes or no?

Semantics

wrong = a pretty stupid thing

Now you're just being laughably evasive.

At least its entertaing to watch.:lol::lol::lol:

Really? The way I see it, "wrong" means morally reprehensible, a "bad" thing.

"a pretty stupid thing" means a bad move politically.

I do not think that either way is "racism" or "race baiting" or "playing the race card". I do not think either of them are "wrong".

On the other side, if I was working on a campaign and someone proposed saying "Democrats want White People to stay home", I would argue against it, because I don't think it would be be a good move, politically. Whereas I don't think it was that bad of an idea for Obama to say it.

That's the only difference between the reality and your nonsense hypothetical.

Am I clear enough for you now?

What Republican has said he or she wants black people to stay home?

None of them have said it.

But they all want it. Seriously. Just like Democrats would want men to stay home, and only woman vote.

It's a demographics thing. And if you don't accept that EVERYTHING on a political campaign is based on demographics, I don't know what to tell you.

But they all want it. Seriously. Just like Democrats would want men to stay home, and only woman vote.

It's a demographics thing. And if you don't accept that EVERYTHING on a political campaign is based on demographics, I don't know what to tell you.

That is racist.

That is racist.

rac·ism   
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

How so?

Forum List

Back