Obama Plays The Race Card

I'm assuming you guys don't know anything about election politics.

He's completely right. The Republicans are counting on Black people not voting..

I think "Republicans" are counting on lots of Democrats to be dispirited and shaken by Obama and their politicos in Washington under the banner of the D party; I have no clue why anyone would transfer any inclination, to not vote to black-folks to any greater extent. And most Democrats who are already in office and in majority black districts are most likely in safe seats, and whether or not the black vote is depressed won't matter a whit.

He was race baiting, because that is all he has.
He's a thug.

Demographically, a vast majority of Black folks both a.) tend to vote Democrat, and b.) have low turnout. This is standard election strategy - in places like CT or NY, if the inner-city vote turns out, the Democrat will win, if not, the Republican will.

But if you need something to be "outraged" about, go for it.
This is not a "National" election as far as black voters are concerned, to the extent they live in majority black districts.

No outrage here, just awareness.

He's completely right. The Republicans are counting on Black people not voting..

I think you are wrong. I think the Republicans know that the era of "white guilt" is over.

Quite the contrary; there are more black Republican candidates in this election than ever before, except for reconstruction. A good black turnour amongst those who are aware of what's good for them would be productive for them and for the country.

They are?

Where did they say that?

I thought they were counting on people not blindly supporting a failed administration.

I think "Republicans" are counting on lots of Democrats to be dispirited and shaken by Obama and their politicos in Washington under the banner of the D party; I have no clue why anyone would transfer any inclination, to not vote to black-folks to any greater extent. And most Democrats who are already in office and in majority black districts are most likely in safe seats, and whether or not the black vote is depressed won't matter a whit.

He was race baiting, because that is all he has.
He's a thug.

Demographically, a vast majority of Black folks both a.) tend to vote Democrat, and b.) have low turnout. This is standard election strategy - in places like CT or NY, if the inner-city vote turns out, the Democrat will win, if not, the Republican will.

But if you need something to be "outraged" about, go for it.
This is not a "National" election as far as black voters are concerned, to the extent they live in majority black districts.

No outrage here, just awareness.

What you're missing is that it is a statewide election year. Governorships, Senatorial races, etc.

Take CT for example. If the inner cities of Hartford and New Haven all come out and vote, the Democrat will win. If not, the Republican will.

This is fact.

They are?

Where did they say that?

I thought they were counting on people not blindly supporting a failed administration.

They didn't "say" anything. But that doesn't make it less true.

Have you ever worked on an election?

I think you are wrong. I think the Republicans know that the era of "white guilt" is over.

Quite the contrary; there are more black Republican candidates in this election than ever before, except for reconstruction. A good black turnour amongst those who are aware of what's good for them would be productive for them and for the country.

Why would Black people automatically support a Black candidate?

true, however, the old flip flop is always telling...if say Sharon Angle said obama was hoping white people would not come out you think this would be cool to right? Whats more the media would think so too?

theres a bit of trap in there too....:lol:

true, however, the old flip flop is always telling...if say Sharon Angle said obama was hoping white people would not come out you think this would be cool to right? Whats more the media would think so too?

I didn't say that Obama should have said it, I said he's right.

In your hypothetical, Angle would be right too. But that doesn't make it a smart move to say it.

They are?

Where did they say that?

Ah.

The Democrats are counting on White people not voting.

They didn't say it, but that doesn't make it less true.

One party is hoping another party's core constituencies don't show up at the polls for an election? Unprecedented!

Haha that's all I was thinking... And the dems are counting on, THE SAME FUCKIN SHIT!

Dems count on Blacks that would vote conservative to stay home as well as Hispanics, Asians and WHITES... They are counting on conservatives to be apathetic and W T F NO FUCKING SHIT HAHAhaa...

Anyway, bye bye.

They are?

Where did they say that?

Ah.

Your post would make more sense if you understood election demographics better.
Democrats would be pretty dumb to rely on that. White, middle class suburban areas are expected this year to have much higher turnout.

Inner city black neighborhoods have historically had a fraction of the voter turnout that other neighborhoods do. That turnout is expected to be even lower than normal this year.

Last edited:

In your hypothetical, Angle would be right too. But that doesn't make it a smart move to say it.

fair enough, I agree.

you didn't' comment on the "if",,,if angle had said it, what kind of reaction would you think there might be vis a vis what we heard about this event...?

How is stating the obvious playing the "race card"?

Republicans are counting on African Americans not voting. If you say otherwise, you're a liar.

One party is hoping another party's core constituencies don't show up at the polls for an election? Unprecedented!

Haha that's all I was thinking... And the dems are counting on, THE SAME FUCKIN SHIT!

Dems count on Blacks that would vote conservative to stay home as well as Hispanics, Asians and WHITES... They are counting on conservatives to be apathetic and W T F NO FUCKING SHIT HAHAhaa...

Anyway, bye bye.

No, Democrats aren't counting on that. They'd be pretty stupid to.

They're working to up the voter turnout. Because when the turnout in cities is higher, Democrats win.

This is fact.

fair enough, I agree.

you didn't' comment on the "if",,,if angle had said it, what kind of reaction would you think there might be vis a vis what we heard about this event...?

Probably some major blowback, similar to what people are saying in this thread, but on a larger scale.

But I'm not talking about the public reaction to Obama's comments - I'm talking about the fact that what he said is completely true.

Republicans are counting on African Americans not voting. If you say otherwise, you're a liar.

African Americans will turnout to vote for the party that has given them permanent 20% unemployment?

That's a good gig for Obama.

I'd take it and run.

No, they won't turn out for that party. If they turn out, It'll be for the Democratic Party. The Party that saved thousands of jobs. Not the one that blocks unemployment insurance.

African Americans will turnout to vote for the party that has given them permanent 20% unemployment?

That's a good gig for Obama.

I'd take it and run.

No, they won't turn out for that party. If they turn out, It'll be for the Democratic Party. The Party that saved thousands of jobs. Not the one that blocks unemployment insurance.

A group with 20% permanent unemployment is grateful for "saved jobs" and handouts?

Like I said, a good scam if you can keep it up.

Ah.

Your post would make more sense if you understood election demographics better.
Democrats would be pretty dumb to rely on that. White, middle class suburban areas are expected this year to have much higher turnout.

Inner city black neighborhoods have historically had a fraction of the voter turnout that other neighborhoods do. That turnout is expected to be even lower than normal this year.

Really.

I wonder if its the economy....:eusa_whistle:

Perhaps instead of hoping for a racially based voting block to support them, Dems might actually do something to stimulate job growth in the inner city?
:eusa_hand:
Nah, that would be too complicated.

Forum List

Back