Obama Plans to Scrap Missle Defense Shield?

i understand your spin.

but establishing a missile defense shield in europe should be actually agreed upon by europe and NATO, and not be a hegemonic one-sided decision, and thereby risking to create trouble in the region the shield is "protecting". blame the previous administrations (USA, Poland and Czech Republic) for setting up that stupid shield plan. and not the current admins for reneging.

Poland and the Czech republic agreed... and that's where the missiles were going. We didn't ask the Central American shit-holes or Canabus-stan if they agreed that our placing missiles...

You're apparently referring to the 'feelings' of the European Leftists... and as such demonstrates that the feelings of Leftists are to be dismissed, ridiculed and otherwise ignored.

It's just adorable that ya feel that a continent should be consulted on the desires of sovereign nations desire to defend themselves from the tyrant that enslaved them for the best part of a century.

DUMBASS!

you are a great example of what is wrong in your country.

Am I?

How so?

And be as specific as your intellectual limitations allow..

(WARNING: HOLDING YOUR BREATH WAITING FOR A LEFTIST TO PROVIDE A WELL REASONED, INTELLECTUALLY SOUND, LOGICALLY BASIS TO SOME INSIPID DRIVEL WHICH THEY'VE ADVANCED, WILL RESULT IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY AND OR DEATH.)

Last edited:
Its also interesting to note that Obama renegged on 2 treaties to appease the Russians.

I'm sure the Poles now realize that the USA should never be trusted to uphold what it says, as they and the czechs are again seeing how worthless US promises are.

Way to 'improve' our standing in the world Barry!

Hey now, give Obama a break. He had to pay back GE and Jeff Immelt somehow...

Obama helps strengthen General Electric-Putin ties | Washington Examiner

yeah and george w bush had to pay poles and czechs to join the coalition of the willing.

Okay, but we're talking about Barack Obama. You know, the Preseident.

Not my opinion, just the facts. In the hope that you actually do want to correct your ignorance and are not willfully ignorant: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/RL34051.pdf

If pictures are easier:

GBI_from_PL_Cannot_Catch_Ru.gif

Nice picture. But it is not evidence or on point, is it? I'm not being intentionally obtuse or willfully ignorant (which by the way, "willfully ignorant" is an expression I first used on the msnbc message board in response to the neocons there; imitation is the highest form of flatery, thank you).
Obviously you did not read the information and just looked at a picture. Oh well. We all have the freedom to choose, for now.

Actually I did read the link you posted. Much like your posts it was not on point and did not address the issues I put forth initially. The two stage missile system has not been tested, and will be deployed (or was to be deployed) under full command and control of US Forces. Is the fact that it will be under the full command and control of US Armed Forces not provocative? Would a 'defensive' missile system in Venezuela under the full command and control of Russian troops be okay with you?

It's not 'spin' its fact.

Only a moron would call it spin, think more carefully before you post next time.

of course, if you post, it is fact.

your are the objective non-aligned poster with the facts.

get a reality check before you post next time.

great fact::clap2::clap2:

Way to 'improve' our standing in the world Barry!
You do realize how moronic you sound saying Poland and the Czechs should let FRANCE & BRITAIN have a say in their national defense, don't you?

Tell us, what happened the LAST time they did so...

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

nice cherry picked setup of countries to fit your little analogy.

so scrap NATO then? and the EU? everyone for himself?

you cannot join a club (NATO) and then say fuck it when you don't like it. and that's what Poland and the USA and the Czech republic did, and that is why the NATO Sec-Gen is now saying this:

In Brussels, NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said he talked Thursday with the top American envoy to NATO about the changes to the missile defense plan and all NATO members would be briefed later in the day.

"It is my clear impression that the American plan on missile defense will involve NATO .... to a higher degree in the future," Fogh Rasmussen told reporters. "This is a positive step in the direction of an inclusive and transparent process, which I also think is in the interest of ... the NATO alliance."

Hey now, give Obama a break. He had to pay back GE and Jeff Immelt somehow...

Obama helps strengthen General Electric-Putin ties | Washington Examiner

yeah and george w bush had to pay poles and czechs to join the coalition of the willing.

Okay, but we're talking about Barack Obama. You know, the Preseident.

i thought we were talking about the ending of the plan to build a missile defense shield in eastern europe which was set up against the will of the public of those nations, NATO and Russia by George W. Bush. You know, the former President.

Nice picture. But it is not evidence or on point, is it? I'm not being intentionally obtuse or willfully ignorant (which by the way, "willfully ignorant" is an expression I first used on the msnbc message board in response to the neocons there; imitation is the highest form of flatery, thank you).
Obviously you did not read the information and just looked at a picture. Oh well. We all have the freedom to choose, for now.

Actually I did read the link you posted. Much like your posts it was not on point and did not address the issues I put forth initially. The two stage missile system has not been tested, and will be deployed (or was to be deployed) under full command and control of US Forces. Is the fact that it will be under the full command and control of US Armed Forces not provocative? Would a 'defensive' missile system in Venezuela under the full command and control of Russian troops be okay with you?
Do try to focus. Here's what you argued.
I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that you silly bastards would be the FIRST people to scream bloody fucking murder if Russia put a "missile defense system" in Cuba. Guarenfuckingteed. The irony of your chicken little routine makes me laugh.
What nonsense. The Soviet missiles in Cuba were aimed at us - offensive. This sheild not only is not defensive of any Russian launches, it's not offensive at all. It's defensive to other threats, none of which are Russian.

The once proposed system was defensive? ....
If you're speaking of this subject system, it was and is.
.... How do you know? ....
Because I read.
If they had accepted our offer to inspect and participate, they would know.
.... How hard is it for a defensive missle to be outfitted as an offensive weapon?
For this system, not too effectively as it is designed to intercept ICBMs after a significant time-in-flight. Poland is not strategically located to Russia to address such a trajectory from the Russians.

Is that your opinion? Or, are you a rocket scientist? In either case you provide zero, no, none, not a bit, of evidence or source material.
The information contained in the links I provided at your request refute your argument. Try something else; I've just exposed your strawman (or your lack of focus or your refusal to read links even after you request them). Your input from this point forward on this is justifiably dismissed.

Last edited:
Poland and the Czech republic agreed... and that's where the missiles were going. We didn't ask the Central American shit-holes or Canabus-stan if they agreed that our placing missiles...

You're apparently referring to the 'feelings' of the European Leftists... and as such demonstrates that the feelings of Leftists are to be dismissed, ridiculed and otherwise ignored.

It's just adorable that ya feel that a continent should be consulted on the desires of sovereign nations desire to defend themselves from the tyrant that enslaved them for the best part of a century.

DUMBASS!

Am I?

How so?

(WARNING: HOLDING YOUR BREATH WAITING FOR A LEFTIST TO PROVIDE A WELL REASONED, INTELLECTUALLY SOUND, LOGICALLY BASIS TO SOME INSIPID DRIVEL WHICH THEY'VE ADVANCED, WILL RESULT IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY AND OR DEATH.)

i only need your stupid line: there are no leftist americans, to support my opinion of you.
can't get much more "un-american" than that.

There is no 'cherry picking' those are the nations involved.

And no, NATO has no 'say' in DEFENSIVE PASSIVE defenses nor should they.

Only an idiot would argue otherwise.

So again, tell us with the Pols and the Czechs should let a Frenchman or an Englishmen tell them they can't be protected because it makes Russians upset.

Obama fucked up royally here and it will have serious consequences in foreign relations.

i understand your spin.

but establishing a missile defense shield in europe should be actually agreed upon by europe and NATO, and not be a hegemonic one-sided decision, and thereby risking to create trouble in the region the shield is "protecting". blame the previous administrations (USA, Poland and Czech Republic) for setting up that stupid shield plan. and not the current admins for reneging.

DUMBASS!

and you yours, whichever the hell that one might be.. suck a lemon.

Am I?

How so?

i only need your stupid line: there are no leftist americans, to support my opinion of you.
can't get much more "un-american" than that.

ROFLMNAO...

Well ...

"There are NO Leftist Americans!"

is simply an incontrovertible fact...

DUMBASS!

Isn't it just adorable how desperate the Left are to be seen as Americans; even as they advocate and otherwise stand AGAINST, everything America stands FOR!

LOL...

Leftists...

Last edited:

There is no 'cherry picking' those are the nations involved.

And no, NATO has no 'say' in DEFENSIVE PASSIVE defenses nor should they.

Only an idiot would argue otherwise.

So again, tell us with the Pols and the Czechs should let a Frenchman or an Englishmen tell them they can't be protected because it makes Russians upset.

Obama fucked up royally here and it will have serious consequences in foreign relations.

there are more nations involved than france and britain. but those were the two nations who had a pact with poland before wwii. yawn, try to be not so transparent.

the poles and the czechs were not going to be protected by the missile shield from the russians, hello?

but the missile shield angered the bear, so the net balance for poles and czechs is negative.

and what do poles and czechs have to say about that, you know the opinion of who you pretend to care about?

The Czech government had stood behind the planned radar system despite fierce opposition from the public.

In Warsaw, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said Obama assured him in a phone call Thursday that U.S. plans to alter the missile defense project will not hurt Poland's security.

Tusk quoted Obama as saying the "proposal of an alternative strategy should not affect the security of Poland" or of Europe. He refused to elaborate.

i am interested in hearing what tusk says when he elaborates.
but scrapping this plan does not mean feeding poland and the czech republic to the bear.
and not to IRAN either, haha.

oh noes, obama has fucked up royally, no spin just fact. humphh.

here is more about polish reaction to the MDS

A Majority of Poles Oppose Shield

Unlike its conservative predecessor, the Tusk government hasn't made the weapons system a central foreign policy issue. In fact, Tusk may even support Obama's decision. Ultimately, Tusk wants to get re-elected as president, and the missile shield has proven extremely unpopular with voters. More than half of Poles surveyed say they are against it, with only 29 percent supporting the shield.

Last edited:

DUMBASS!

and you yours, whichever the hell that one might be.. suck a lemon.

fuck, that hurt. don't hit so hard. nevertheless, i like lemons, good advice.

Missile defense DOES not and WILL not work. If you are talking about a ROGUE launch of one or two missiles then yes it MAY work but why would a rogue nation use a missile when they could put one in a shipping container?

The word for today is MIRV learn it know it understand it.

Pentagon Confirms Major Adjustments to European Missile Shield - Political News - FOXNews.com

FOXnews.com said:
U.S. Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl released a statement Thursday morning accusing the administration of caving to Russia.

"The decision announced today by the administration is dangerous and short-sighted," the Arizona Republican said. "Not only does this decision leave America vulnerable to the growing Iranian long-range missile threat, it also turns back the clock to the days of the Cold War, when Eastern Europe was considered the domain of Russia. This will be a bitter disappointment, indeed, even a warning to the people of Eastern Europe."

Obama's top military adviser, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the administration was "very close" to the end of a seven-month review of a missile defense shield proposal, an idea that was promoted by the George W. Bush administration. Mullen would not divulge its results.

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen called the U.S. decision "a positive step."

He is weak on defense, no doubt about it, I guess Poland was so upset that they would not take a call from Clinton. I think all those friends and admirers just went south on Obama.

Last edited:
Pentagon Confirms Major Adjustments to European Missile Shield - Political News - FOXNews.com

FOXnews.com said:
U.S. Senate Republican Whip Jon Kyl released a statement Thursday morning accusing the administration of caving to Russia.

"The decision announced today by the administration is dangerous and short-sighted," the Arizona Republican said. "Not only does this decision leave America vulnerable to the growing Iranian long-range missile threat, it also turns back the clock to the days of the Cold War, when Eastern Europe was considered the domain of Russia. This will be a bitter disappointment, indeed, even a warning to the people of Eastern Europe."

Obama's top military adviser, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the administration was "very close" to the end of a seven-month review of a missile defense shield proposal, an idea that was promoted by the George W. Bush administration. Mullen would not divulge its results.

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen called the U.S. decision "a positive step."

He is weak on defense, no doubt about it, I guess Poland was so upset that they would not take a call from Clinton.

obama called tusk personally. now quick, look up tusk.

Forum List

Back