Obama Planning To Give Commerce Department Authority To Create Internet ID...

Thanks President Obama

OMG, if this had been SUGGESTED by Bush, you all would be screeching your heads off.
You Obamabots are truly sheep.

I also support a national ID . A single biometric ID that acts as identification, social security card, insurance card, drivers license. credit card..Ends Identity theft, illegal aliens

You could also use it when you log onto the internet

Conservatives want a national ID for brown people only.

Thanks guys but I do well enough on my own making my own online ID's and remembering all of my very own passwords.

hummm, if you for instance let firefox remember your passwords, I can see the gov. making a deal with them to surrender your log in and Passwords if asked too. In the end via fisa etc etc. they can get your info. This name and serial number crap is just that. They might be looking for a way to codify snooping.

DHS can already do that. Surprise surprise.

We are not talking about a national ID card,” Locke said at the Stanford event. “We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities

Thanks President Obama

OMG, if this had been SUGGESTED by Bush, you all would be screeching your heads off.

But he did, and we didn't.

Chertoff Praises Bush Cyber-security Efforts - Security - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Good Grief, this board continues to have the most unenlightened, unread bunch of misinformed idiots posting on message boards. READ, DAMMIT, READ!!!! Or at worst, if you're unsure your statement is correct, LOOK IT THE FUCK UP!!!

In this case, the cause of cybersecurity gives the government the power to monitor private speech.

No thank you.

STANFORD, Calif. - President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said.

That news, first reported by CNET, effectively pushes the department to the forefront of the issue, beating out other potential candidates including the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. The move also is likely to please privacy and civil liberties groups that have raised concerns in the past over the dual roles of police and intelligence agencies.

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans - Tech Talk - CBS News

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

Translation: what we are talking about is being able to track and monitor each individual's online activity and speech.

I also support a national ID . A single biometric ID that acts as identification, social security card, insurance card, drivers license. credit card..Ends Identity theft, illegal aliens

I would prefer one card that can't be forged that does everything

I have no problem with a Federal issued ID Card. Carried one most of my life and still do. But to have to log in to the internet is pure Big Brother BS. I mean I use AKO (Army Knowledge Online) and it's bad enough that they can track my every keystroke while logged into the military system. For this to be internet wide is cause for the pitchforks....

I have no problem with a Federal issued ID Card. Carried one most of my life and still do. But to have to log in to the internet is pure Big Brother BS. I mean I use AKO (Army Knowledge Online) and it's bad enough that they can track my every keystroke while logged into the military system. For this to be internet wide is cause for the pitchforks....

Once again this looks like another overreaction from the right. An attempt to improve cybersecurity on line automatically becomes big brother..

Death panels here we come

Link..........

Once again this looks like another overreaction from the right. An attempt to improve cybersecurity on line automatically becomes big brother..

Gee and I thought it was the left that was against a National ID?

Gee and I thought it was the left that was against a National ID?

Not me

I got my CAC card

You beat me to this capitalist.

The arguments for this are laughable.:lol:

Easier to remember just one password? GTFO. I been smokin weed for 6 years now and I still got no problem remembering all mine.

This is just ANOTHER subtle power/privacy/liberty grab for this dirty, authoritarian administration.

No National ID to fight immigration or voting fraud, but he wants to find those who talk about him on the internet. What happened to the priority of the economy and job ??????

I guess in the future banning retreads will be as easy as arresting people who speak out against Islam or say things Obama doesn't like so they can be sent to the proper courts.

Forum List

Back