Obama picks Lobbyist for #2 spot in Pentagon

The K Street Project is an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K_Street_Project

Last edited:
lol and sealy dodges to the left, to the right...DEFLECTED

Stop being a little box and realize your wet dream that is Obama is a fucking fraud just like all other politicians

lol and sealy dodges to the left, to the right...DEFLECTED

Stop being a little box and realize your wet dream that is Obama is a fucking fraud just like all other politicians

Stop expecting the impossible from Obama and NOTHING from Bush.

Now admit you sucked Bush's balls while chaney & rummy ran a train on your stupid ass. :lol:

But they raped me too, so what am I laughing at? :eusa_shhh:

Stop expecting the impossible from Obama and NOTHING from Bush.

Now admit you sucked Bush's balls while chaney & rummy ran a train on your stupid ass. :lol:

But they raped me too, so what am I laughing at? :eusa_shhh:

except that the obamalama promised the "impossible" and we all knew it, too bad you didn't know it.. heee heeee heeee

the difference being that bush never said he wouldn't employ them.
i can see where this kind of subtlety might escape you.

The differance being Bush gave our country to the corps and Obama doesnt want to.

Last edited:
Show me Obama's exact quote Del. Where he said he "WOULDN'T EMPLOY THEM".

your wish is my command. i'll look forward to your denials of reality.

WASHINGTON - President-elect Barack Obama, who vowed during his campaign that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," said through a spokesman yesterday that he would allow lobbyists on his transition team as long as they work on issues unrelated to their earlier jobs.

During his campaign, Obama declared: "I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House."

Obama softens ban on hiring lobbyists - The Boston Globe

"One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House. Because real change isn't another four years of defending lobbyists who don't represent real Americans - it's standing with working Americans who have seen their jobs disappear and their wages decline and their hope for the future slip further and further away. That's the change we can offer in 2008."

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need

your wish is my command. i'll look forward to your denials of reality.

WASHINGTON - President-elect Barack Obama, who vowed during his campaign that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," said through a spokesman yesterday that he would allow lobbyists on his transition team as long as they work on issues unrelated to their earlier jobs.

During his campaign, Obama declared: "I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House."

Obama softens ban on hiring lobbyists - The Boston Globe

"One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House. Because real change isn't another four years of defending lobbyists who don't represent real Americans - it's standing with working Americans who have seen their jobs disappear and their wages decline and their hope for the future slip further and further away. That's the change we can offer in 2008."

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need

There are good lobbyists and bad lobbyists. And some in between. The guy taking Obama's job was a lobbyist.

Newt's a lobbyist.

Hey, if this is the biggest lie Obama tells, then I'll take that to the WMD liars in the GOP.

:rofl:
damn, you ARE stupid.

You may score better than him on an iq, but at least he's right about politics.

Unless you are rich? Or unless he's rich. If neither of you are rich, then he's smarter than you, because you vote against your own financial best interests.

You voted to cut your home value down, cut your savings in half, you voted to raise health care costs that YOU would have to pay, you voted to double the national debt, you voted for less workers rights, you voted for breaking pensions of employees, which you happen to be an employee.

You voted for gas to be $4 a gallon. Free market stooge. :lol:

There are good lobbyists and bad lobbyists. And some in between. The guy taking Obama's job was a lobbyist.

Newt's a lobbyist.

Hey, if this is the biggest lie Obama tells, then I'll take that to the WMD liars in the GOP.

yeah, what the hell?
it was only one of the main reasons he gave for people to vote for him.
no big deal if he lied about it, right?
i mean there's good lies and bad lies, just like there's good lobbyists and bad ones.

:rofl:

thanks for not disappointing me, sealy

:lol: This is good stuff right here.

We're talking about Obama once again going back on his word, but let's talk about the guy who's almost out of office instead. :rolleyes:

I just love how the obama ass kissers all gushed at how the chosen one will change Washington.

And when he shows his true colors they rationalize that because Bush lied, it's OK for BHO to lie.

ahh the death of innocence don't ya just love it?

Forum List

Back