Obama- Person of the Year

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this award, like the Nobel Peace Prize, was awarded solely on the basis of Obama's race? Does anyone appreciate the condescension this implies? What is this- the Special Olympics for the racially handicapped? Martin Luther King, Jr. had a Dream, but we are headed in exactly the opposite direction.

Then what was Dubya's excuse? Texan a race in need of special recognition now? :cool:

Is Time even relevant anymore? Who reads it? Quite frankly I'm at a loss for what Barry has DONE this year other than get reelected. Rant? Hardly. This is just one more example of how low the bar is set for this President.

They did the same for Bush in 2000 & 2004. What did he do those years, besides get elected?

And I was just as amused by those picks as I am by this one. To be honest with you, Konradv...I don't find Time magazine to be very relevant anymore. There was a time when it was...as was Newsweek and Life...but that time has passed. When's the last time you actually purchased any of those? I haven't in a long, long time.

I agree that they've been largely irrelevant. I figured they totally chickened out when they picked Giuliani over bin Laden in 2001. Giuliani may have been an important national figure after 9/11, but bin laden was an international one, without whom Giuliani would not have been in consideration in the first place.

I wouldn't put much stock in Time magazine (and I don't) You're right...Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Richard Nixon, Nikita Kreushev, among the "Men Of The Year".

Then again, I guess it's safe to safe that the president is in "like-minded" company.

You forgot Reagan, Welesa, Gandhi, Popes John XXIII and John Paul II. Birds of a feather, eh? :cool:

Mind explaining for us then? We'll wait..............
Oh....and i'd like links and PROOF of the truth, not just your opinion.

Wow..great logic there! Just keep in mind that in 1938, most liberals were steadfastly behind old Adolph. Supported him completely. Not MY history - just history.

Sorry if it offends your sensibilities, but do your homework, you just might be surprised.

You can't just make stuff up and call it history. :doubt:

Wow..great logic there! Just keep in mind that in 1938, most liberals were steadfastly behind old Adolph. Supported him completely. Not MY history - just history.

Sorry if it offends your sensibilities, but do your homework, you just might be surprised.

Ah, but the winners have been doing just that for centuries, Konadv. LOL

Ah, but the winners have been doing just that for centuries, Konadv. LOL

But that was an example of a loser revising history.

wasnt Hitler, Mao and Stalin persons of the year as well?

The Person of the Year is the person that had the most affect on world events for good or evil. Hitler, Mao and Stalin were all persons of the year. obama got it, like his forerunners did, by affecting the world for evil.

Forum List

Back