Obama: People who earn more are merely "Society's lottery winners"

No, it's a business contract. You might want to look up the definition of "monopoly", because you clearly don't grasp the concept.
What's the difference between business contracts that establish a monopoly and a monopoly? Oh.. yeah there is none.

Full Definition of MONOPOLY
1 : exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action
2 : exclusive possession or control
3 : a commodity controlled by one party
4 : one that has a monopoly
- Websters

Ayup.. that's a monopoly.

Maybe you can tell me what YOU think a monopoly is so I can see what YOU are talking about.

No business contract has ever established a monopoly, so the distinction is purely imaginary.
Incorrect. A MONOPOLY IS A MONOPOLY NO MATTER HOW IT IS ESTABLISHED.

I'm explaining the historical record to you, not your fantasy where any business has the power to grant another a monopoly.
What part of monopoly keeps confusing you? What % of the Windows operating system market do you think Microsoft owns? How about word processing, spreadsheets..? They control the office and home computer market. Like it or not they own it. Just as apple owns the apple OS. It's not open, it's a monopoly.

1 : exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action
If Windows were the only operating system in existence you might have a point.
But it isnt and as usual you reveal your ignorance of economics.

President Obama referred yesterday to the wealthy as "society's lottery winners", as though the only reason they were wealthy is because they got lucky one time. No mention of years of training, hard work, risks, 20-hour workdays, failure, recovery, and eventual success.

It's just more of the same attempt to pretend there's nothing wrong with taking they money and resources from those who earned them.

Private people who do this are called "thieves", and are prosecuted and jailed as they deserve.

Public people who do the same are called "liberals", and are immune from the prosecution and jail terms they deserve.

--------------------------------------------------

Keying on poverty Obama suggests high earners hit lottery

Keying on poverty, Obama suggests high earners hit 'lottery'

By Angela Greiling Keane BLOOMBERG NEWS
Updated today at 4:03 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Unless Democrats and Republicans can agree to raise taxes on the earnings of hedge-fund and private-equity managers, there is little chance the nation can make a meaningful dent in poverty, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

Obama, whose long-standing proposal to raise taxes on what is known as carried interest has gained little traction in Congress, said fairness demands that the nation's wealthiest pitch in as more and more Americans are falling behind.

"If I were able to close that loophole, I'd be able to invest in early-childhood education," Obama said Tuesday. "If we can't ask from society's lottery winners to make that modest investment, then really this conversation is for show."

The president has often said the wealthiest Americans must make sacrifices to better life for poorer people. In addition to urging higher taxes for investment managers, he questioned whether the pay of some corporate chief executives is justified.

Pure projection by Hussein Obozo. He truely believes that wealthy people are society's lottery winners because he never accomplished anything in his life. He says "you didn't build that, someone else made it happen" because he's had people behind the scenes propping him up his whole life. He can't imagine people actually accomplishing things themselves and earning what they receive. The way he understands it is he isn't deserving so everyone isn't either.

President Obama referred yesterday to the wealthy as "society's lottery winners", as though the only reason they were wealthy is because they got lucky one time. No mention of years of training, hard work, risks, 20-hour workdays, failure, recovery, and eventual success.

It's just more of the same attempt to pretend there's nothing wrong with taking they money and resources from those who earned them.

Private people who do this are called "thieves", and are prosecuted and jailed as they deserve.

Public people who do the same are called "liberals", and are immune from the prosecution and jail terms they deserve.

--------------------------------------------------

Keying on poverty Obama suggests high earners hit lottery

Keying on poverty, Obama suggests high earners hit 'lottery'

By Angela Greiling Keane BLOOMBERG NEWS
Updated today at 4:03 a.m.

WASHINGTON -- Unless Democrats and Republicans can agree to raise taxes on the earnings of hedge-fund and private-equity managers, there is little chance the nation can make a meaningful dent in poverty, President Barack Obama said Tuesday.

Obama, whose long-standing proposal to raise taxes on what is known as carried interest has gained little traction in Congress, said fairness demands that the nation's wealthiest pitch in as more and more Americans are falling behind.

"If I were able to close that loophole, I'd be able to invest in early-childhood education," Obama said Tuesday. "If we can't ask from society's lottery winners to make that modest investment, then really this conversation is for show."

The president has often said the wealthiest Americans must make sacrifices to better life for poorer people. In addition to urging higher taxes for investment managers, he questioned whether the pay of some corporate chief executives is justified.

Pure projection by Hussein Obozo. He truely believes that wealthy people are society's lottery winners because he never accomplished anything in his life. He says "you didn't build that, someone else made it happen" because he's had people behind the scenes propping him up his whole life. He can't imagine people actually accomplishing things themselves and earning what they receive. The way he understands it is he isn't deserving so everyone isn't either.
I don't know whether he really believes it or if he's just playing to the crowd for political advantage.

I think back to his "you didn't build that" speech. He wasn't giving that speech to a group of business owners.

Obama is just a low brow disgusting man. the man got rich off us and then goes around saying shit like this.....All he does is go around stirring up jealously, hate and Division of YOU THE PEOPLE . and some still bows to his every word

What's the difference between business contracts that establish a monopoly and a monopoly? Oh.. yeah there is none.

- Websters

Ayup.. that's a monopoly.

Maybe you can tell me what YOU think a monopoly is so I can see what YOU are talking about.

No business contract has ever established a monopoly, so the distinction is purely imaginary.

I'm explaining the historical record to you, not your fantasy where any business has the power to grant another a monopoly.
What part of monopoly keeps confusing you? What % of the Windows operating system market do you think Microsoft owns? How about word processing, spreadsheets..? They control the office and home computer market. Like it or not they own it. Just as apple owns the apple OS. It's not open, it's a monopoly.

I'm not sure why you are acting so ignorant...

Oh? Who else sells Windows besides Microsoft? If I walk into a store to buy a personal computer can I ask them to take windows off the computer and give me a discount? FYI IBM used to have the right to sell windows compatible operating systems but could not do it because Microsoft had exclusivity contracts with the IBM PC makers.... well all but IBM that is. Irony.

Oh? Who else sells Windows besides Microsoft? If I walk into a store to buy a personal computer can I ask them to take windows off the computer and give me a discount? FYI IBM used to have the right to sell windows compatible operating systems but could not do it because Microsoft had exclusivity contracts with the IBM PC makers.... well all but IBM that is. Irony.
Sorry but you are the ignorant one here. If you can substitute another product by a different maker then there is no monopoly.

Sorry but you are the ignorant one here. If you can substitute another product by a different maker then there is no monopoly.
Not sure why this is going over your head... but it is. Microsoft gets paid for the license whether you substitute or not. Further, the manufacturer is forced to not provide the option of coupling a different OS with their product or they loose Microsoft's discount price. It is a price handed out for "exclusivity."

Not sure why this is going over your head... but it is. Microsoft gets paid for the license whether you substitute or not. Further, the manufacturer is forced to not provide the option of coupling a different OS with their product or they loose Microsoft's discount price. It is a price handed out for "exclusivity."
Lemme check. Nope, that's still not a monopoly.
You fail.

You fail.
Incorrect, our government and other foreign governments have already ruled that it is a monopoly. Not only is it such, it also uses predatory tactics to extend said monopoly.

Microsoft Ruled a Monopoly Court finds firm abused its power - SFGate

Microsoft s Illegal Monopoly - NYTimes.com

Request Rejected

As antitrust case ends Microsoft is victorious in defeat - tribunedigital-baltimoresun

You fail.
Incorrect, our government and other foreign governments have already ruled that it is a monopoly. Not only is it such, it also uses predatory tactics to extend said monopoly.
Yes we know how reliable out government is. If it's a monopoly why is it still going on?
Oops.
You have shit for brains. Just saying.

You fail.
Yes we know how reliable out government is. If it's a monopoly why is it still going on?
Oops.
You have shit for brains. Just saying.
Because our government is not doing it's job of breaking up monopolies. FYI me pointing out that you are clearly clueless in this regard is not the same as me having shit for brains, just saying.

Forum List

Back