Obama: People Don't Get Rich on Their Own

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Fox Nation ^ | 27Jan 2012
Obama: People Don't Get Rich on Their Own - President Obama - Fox Nation

President Obama tells a college audience that people don't get rich on their own. Obama's point that without government and paying your fair share, ultimately the successful wouldn't be able to get where they are.

"We do not begrudge wealth in this country. I want everybody here to do well. We aspire to financial success, but we also understand that we're not successful just by ourselves," President Obama said at a campaign event in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Friday morning.

"We're successful because somebody started the University of Michigan. We're successful because somebody made an investment in all the federal research labs that created the internet. We're successful because we have an outstanding military that costs money. We're successful because somebody built roads and bridges. And laid broadband lines and these things didn't just happen on their own. And if we all understand that we've got to pay for this stuff, it makes sense for those of us who've done best to do our fair share and to try to pass off that bill on to somebody else, that's not right. That's not who we are," he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...

there was a time when Americans loved their country and took pride in it.

That was before the Republican party started convincing their base to hate this country and starve it to death so they could drown it in the bathtub.

President Obama tells a college audience that people don't get rich on their own. Obama's point that without government and paying your fair share, ultimately the successful wouldn't be able to get where they are.

"We do not begrudge wealth in this country. I want everybody here to do well. We aspire to financial success, but we also understand that we're not successful just by ourselves," President Obama said at a campaign event in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Friday morning.

"We're successful because somebody started the University of Michigan. We're successful because somebody made an investment in all the federal research labs that created the internet. We're successful because we have an outstanding military that costs money. We're successful because somebody built roads and bridges. And laid broadband lines and these things didn't just happen on their own. And if we all understand that we've got to pay for this stuff, it makes sense for those of us who've done best to do our fair share and to try to pass off that bill on to somebody else, that's not right. That's not who we are," he said.

Just a divide and conquer campaign speech.

He can't run on his record or his HC clusterfuck so lets pit one set of Americans against another if we can.

Think we'll hear more of the "fair share" bs througout the year.

We already pay for all that stuff. We pay endless fees to use the stuff we paid to build. The community organizer in chief wants everyone to be responsible for everyone else and the government in charge of managing the fairness.

What a stupid ass he is.

See the rights response?

They really are soooo stupid they think building our infrastructure is a bad plan.

(Excerpt) Read more at nation.foxnews.com ...[/QUOTE He is right on his case. He got rich with our tax dollars!

Are people so angry with the President that they can somehow justify denying what he said?

I suppose someone could become wealthy if he was isolated from all the intellectual infrastructure in place due to government spending. But that person would be an anomaly.

Why aren't all Americans as wealthy and successful as Bill Gates? Because there's only room for a few Bill Gates in every generation. We celebrate the wealth and success of the Bill Gates type because they are the exception, not the rule.

If one looks at life only through the narrow template provided by the stifling ideology of the modern Conservative, it would only make sense for that person observing through that template to take a good look at himself and wonder why he is posting on an internet message board and not creating the next big innovation.

But, apparently, that template only allows criticism of the President and not personal introspection.

See the rights response?

They really are soooo stupid they think building our infrastructure is a bad plan.

:eusa_boohoo::boohoo::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

willywonkaandthechocolatefactorykey.jpg

We aspire to financial success, but we also understand that we're not successful just by ourselves," President Obama said at a campaign event in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Friday morning.

"We're successful because somebody built roads and bridges."

See 1:05 to 1:11
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uAuuQnh90s]Stuff Liberals Say - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
See the rights response?

I see three individuals responses. Is that 'the right' you speak of? :lol:

I think we're not stupid enough to be fooled twice. Obama already promised us to spend the stimulus on infrastructure. He chose not to. We ain't paying twice for the same fucking thing.

You pay more. I'm not funding any more partisan bullshit from this man.

Further evidence that the Boy King hasn't a fucking clue. November can't come soon enough.

In a technical sense, Obama is correct, unless you believe that the shared sacrifice of public infrastructure, R&D, defense, and our legal system which helps define and enforced property right is hogwash.

Whether you think that government could provide these common goods in which we benefit from as a society in a more effective way with less taxation, then that is certainly debatable (and I would argue that government could do a better job). However, Obama is right - people's wealth is assisted through common goods and sacrifice.

Now, this does not diminish hard work and ingenuity. Those are certainly great characteristics which should be rewarded accordingly. However, man does not operate in a vacuum.

Fox Nation? I have never watched RuperTV for > 3 seconds before I threw up in my mouth a little..

cartoon_fox_fun_book.gif

:clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back