Obama paraphrase....I'm not ready to be President in 08

Eggplant can sponsor or co-sponsor a bill.

The question is, what bills did Obama "write" and get "passed" into law?

Here ya go Mr Eggplant..

5. S.RES.133 : A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/28/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 3/28/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

6. S.RES.268 : A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/11/2007) Cosponsors (4)
Committees: Senate Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2007 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

8. S.RES.600 : A resolution commemorating the 44th anniversary of the deaths of civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner in Philadelphia, Mississippi, while working in the name of American democracy to register voters and secure civil rights during the summer of 1964, which has become known as "Freedom Summer".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/24/2008) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 6/24/2008 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

3. [109th] S.RES.291 : A resolution to congratulate the Chicago White Sox on winning the 2005 World Series Championship.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 10/27/2005) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 10/27/2005 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

4. [109th] S.RES.516 : A resolution recognizing the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day and expressing the sense of the Senate that history should be regarded as a means for understanding the past and solving the challenges of the future.
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 6/19/2006) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 6/19/2006 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

5. [109th] S.RES.529 : A resolution designating July 13, 2006, as "National Summer Learning Day".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/13/2006) Cosponsors (5)
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2006 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

61. [109th] S.3757 : A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the "Katherine Dunham Post Office Building".
Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 7/27/2006) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Latest Major Action: 7/27/2006 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
Note: For further action, see H.R.5929, which became Public Law 109-333 on 10/12/2006.

Last edited:
Little more, than 1 if you ask me.

but if youre wondering how busy he was... check out those bills still sitting in committee not to mention the many amendments to existing bills.. 126 in the 110th and 152 in the 109th... man.. I dont know how he had time for anything else...

Now Macs record on the other hand...LOL

at least obama recognizes his limits.

and will get real advisers. knowing one's limits is really a strength.

at this point the race is mccain or obama...no offense jayhawk...

either will be a vast improvement over the current embarrassment.

Little more, than 1 if you ask me.

but if youre wondering how busy he was... check out those bills still sitting in committee not to mention the many amendments to existing bills.. 126 in the 110th and 152 in the 109th... man.. I dont know how he had time for anything else...

Now Macs record on the other hand...LOL

You really need to pay attention....I said he had only written 1 bill that had become law before he announced his candidacy for president.

Btw.....
For the war in Afgan. to be as screwed up as Obama claims, How many Senate oversight hearings has he held as chairman? 0

How many times has he visited Afgan.?0

The man is out of touch and isn't a qualified applicant. He even made the same assertion back in 2004. Wow don't blame me, he said it.

Forum List

Back