Obama owes thanks, apology, to CIA

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Obama owes thanks, and an apology, to CIA interrogators

Marc A. Thiessen,

In normal times, the officials who uncovered the intelligence that led us to Osama bin Laden would get a medal. In the Obama administration, they have been given subpoenas.

On his second day in office, Obama shut down the CIA’s high-value interrogation program. His Justice Department then reopened criminal investigations into the conduct of CIA interrogators — inquiries that had been closed years before by career prosecutors who concluded that there were no crimes to prosecute. In a speech at the National Archives, Obama eviscerated the men and women of the CIA, accusing them of “torture” and declaring that their work “did not advance our war and counterterrorism efforts — they undermined them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-interrogators/2011/05/03/AFka7tlF_story.html

Should anyone wonder if Osama's death will help the perpetually clueless Obama?

Last edited:
Why?

Would it help your tiny brain if I attached a poll either agreeing or disagreeing with it, or better yet, wondering "Why the f*ck should I care about this?????"

Opinion pieces are generally where conspiracy theories come from.

:eusa_eh:

Where do your ad-hominum bullshit threads generally come from?

Generally, they come from me seeing some of the bullshit that people like you keep pulling outta their asses, and I decide to make a commentary.

I agree with the opinion piece. He not only owes them an apology, and a bitchslap for the idiots at 'Justice', he owes them a public thank you.

It is the left who rant about the CIA and it was the CIA who found Bin Laden. If the left had their way, we would have no CIA.

God bless the CIA.

I agree with the opinion piece. He not only owes them an apology, and a bitchslap for the idiots at 'Justice', he owes them a public thank you.

It is the left who rant about the CIA and it was the CIA who found Bin Laden. If the left had their way, we would have no CIA.

God bless the CIA.

Does anyone know if the Justice Dept is still investigating the CIA and others for suspected criminal activity vis-a-vis EIT or anytihng else? The same people that started the ball rolling in the search for OBL that eventually led to sunday's raid?

God bless the CIA.

The CIA has been historically ineffective and at times have even been more damaging to national security than helpful. Read Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Weiner for more context.

Here's just one small example:

CIA transnational human rights actions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a CIA mind-control research program that began in 1950, involved primarily with the experimentation of drugs and other "chemical, biological and radiological" stimuli on both willing and uninformed subjects.
Rockefeller Commission

In December 1974, The New York Times reported that the CIA had conducted illegal domestic activities, including experiments on U.S. citizens, during the 1960s. The report prompted investigations by both the U.S. Congress (in the form of the Church Committee) and a presidential commission (known as the Rockefeller Commission). The congressional investigations and the Rockefeller Commission report revealed that the CIA and the Department of Defense had in fact conducted experiments to influence and control human behavior through the use of psychoactive drugs such as LSD and mescaline and other chemical, biological, and psychological means. Experiments were often conducted without the subjects' knowledge or consent.

MK-ULTRA was started on the order of CIA director Allen Dulles, largely in response to alleged Soviet, Chinese, and North Korean use of mind-control techniques on U.S. prisoners of war in Korea. The goal of the experiments was to study mind-control in order to develop methods of interrogation and behavior modification and manipulation, as well as to develop a possible truth drug.

Does anyone know if the Justice Dept is still investigating the CIA and others for suspected criminal activity vis-a-vis EIT or anytihng else? The same people that started the ball rolling in the search for OBL that eventually led to sunday's raid?

Good Question.

Yeah......and don't forget the CIA operatives who shipped back drugs from Viet Nam.

I remember reading about the CIA involvement with cocaine trafficking during the Reagan Administration with the Contras. The list goes on really.

Obama won't halt Justice's probe of CIA - Washington Times

President Obama said Sunday he will not intervene to halt a Justice Department investigation into harsh tactics used by Central Intelligence Agency agents when questioning terror suspects

nice.:doubt:

Forum List

Back