Obama Owes GOP, Big Time

I am not so sure Obama owes them anything. The GOP came away from the meeting with a very big weight lifted off their shoulders. After Obama admitted that he had seen, read and even incorporated some of the GOP ideas, no one who wants to be taken seriously can call the GOP, "The party of NO" any longer.
Obama said he did so and that the GOP still said no...to the ''incorporated'' ideas ''of the GOP'' and that stands.

The GOP will no longer be viewed as the party of obstruction the day they cease to say NO to even their own ideas
The GOP needs to say yes. Yes, when doing so will suit more than their narrow goals. Saying no all the time at the expense of the national good keeps the GOP in the darkness of petty partanship. Saying yes for the national good, would bring the GOP back into the light of reason and rationality.

That is funny. They have painted themselves into a corner and are yelling at everyone but the paint.

How can you work with people you told your base were "palling around with terrorists"? If you worked with them, your base would wonder why you were working with people who want to "destroy America". Political suicide.
You've made some pretty interesting points here.:eusa_whistle:

Obama and Pelosi need to move further Leftward, it's the only thing that will prevent a Republican gains in 2010, surely they can learn from the loss of the Kennedy seat

Yawn.

We cannot compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

First you'd have to learn what a "Marxist Ideologue" is. :)

Though it does seem that you enjoy typing the words.

Jillian do you ever tire of the near oxygen free air in your lofty perch?

A friend of mine said that there are three things people talk about that are absolute 100% accurate contra-indicators: how rich they are, how good looking they are and how smart they are.

Yawn.

We cannot compromise with a Marxist Ideologue

First you'd have to learn what a "Marxist Ideologue" is. :)

Though it does seem that you enjoy typing the words.

Jillian do you ever tire of the near oxygen free air in your lofty perch?

A friend of mine said that there are three things people talk about that are absolute 100% accurate contra-indicators: how rich they are, how good looking they are and how smart they are.

ouch!

CF actually scores one.

wonders never cease to amaze me.
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back