Obama overturns Bush policy on stem cells

Wolf

un-american
Feb 7, 2009
"In recent years, when it comes to stem cell research, rather than furthering discovery, our government has forced what I believe is a false choice between sound science and moral values," Obama said at the White House.

"In this case, I believe the two are not inconsistent. As a person of faith, I believe we are called to care for each other and work to ease human suffering. I believe we have been given the capacity and will to pursue this research -- and the humanity and conscience to do so responsibly."

Obama overturns Bush policy on stem cells - CNN.com

Did you hear the roar from the Scientists that were gathered? And they promised to be responsible. The ones that they will use were going to be thrown away anyways.

Old news, there's already another thread on this.

But...

The fact that Bush is the only President ever to approve financing for embryonic stem cell research is always lost on the press, partisans, ideologues, and just normal folks.

The truth that Dr. Huang's work was bogus, and that we have advanced anyway far beyond his wildest fantasies (which were his bogus experiments), the fact that now we know adult, placental, and umbilical stem cells are just as good if not better than embryonic stem cells for medical work, proves Bush was right that we didn't need any more government funding for new embryonic stem cell lines.

The fact that this was demagogued, lied about (still) and then just discarded by these same folks who could have put their money where their mouth was -- embryonic stem cell research was never banned -- shows you what a fake issue it is. Why didn't uber-rich folks like George Soros, John Kerry, Al Gore, et al simply create a private foundation for this and raise billions in Hollywood money! If it was so important then, why wait eight years?

Their collective faux outrage is abysmal. And everyone hailing this is ignorant.

"In recent years, when it comes to stem cell research, rather than furthering discovery, our government has forced what I believe is a false choice between sound science and moral values," Obama said at the White House.

"In this case, I believe the two are not inconsistent. As a person of faith, I believe we are called to care for each other and work to ease human suffering. I believe we have been given the capacity and will to pursue this research -- and the humanity and conscience to do so responsibly."

When I saw him sign the bill, I almost burst into tears I was so happy.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you President Obama!

But...

The fact that Bush is the only President ever to approve financing for embryonic stem cell research is always lost on the press, partisans, ideologues, and just normal folks.

The truth that Dr. Huang's work was bogus, and that we have advanced anyway far beyond his wildest fantasies (which were his bogus experiments), the fact that now we know adult, placental, and umbilical stem cells are just as good if not better than embryonic stem cells for medical work, proves Bush was right that we didn't need any more government funding for new embryonic stem cell lines.

The fact that this was demagogued, lied about (still) and then just discarded by these same folks who could have put their money where their mouth was -- embryonic stem cell research was never banned -- shows you what a fake issue it is. Why didn't uber-rich folks like George Soros, John Kerry, Al Gore, et al simply create a private foundation for this and raise billions in Hollywood money! If it was so important then, why wait eight years?

Their collective faux outrage is abysmal. And everyone hailing this is ignorant.

You are in the minority with your feelings. You are part of the new Republican subculture. And you aren't being truthful/factual, which is why you lost power/control of the country. We voted you out, and Obama in. We love him.

Or, are all those scientists CRAZY when the ROARED the decision today.

Which went over your head apparently. Right wing nut job.

But...

Actually, no stem cell is better than an embryonic stem cell. Now unless you have specific articles from respected scientific magazines....

Federal funding for research and harvesting these stem cells was banned. That's what we're so happy about today, that it's finally un-banned.

When I saw him sign the bill, I almost burst into tears I was so happy.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you President Obama!
First of all, it was an executive order, not a bill. It was a work-around of the legislative process. Which is funny because, they didn't need to do that with complete control of both houses and the executive chair.

But...

You are in the minority with your feelings. You are part of the new Republican subculture. And you aren't being truthful/factual, which is why you lost power/control of the country. We voted you out, and Obama in. We love him.

Two things:

1.) What I posted aren't feelings, or opinion. They are facts.

2.) I am not, and have never been, a Republican. I'm not even right wing. Which makes you ignorant.

But, I already said that earlier.

One last thing: The scientists who roared? Hell, I'd roar too if I just heard that billions in taxpayer funds is coming my way for crap we don't need.

But...

Actually, no stem cell is better than an embryonic stem cell. Now unless you have specific articles from respected scientific magazines....

Federal funding for research and harvesting these stem cells was banned. That's what we're so happy about today, that it's finally un-banned.
Study up on stem cell research. It's far, far advanced today, from Dr. Huang's bogus work, which is what current embryonic stem cell science is based on.

Federal funding for embryonic stem cell research was NOT banned, in fact Bush is the only President ever to approve funding for it. FURTHER funding past that point, was.

But...

Two things:

2.) I am not, and have never been, a Republican. I'm not even right wing. Which makes you ignorant.

One last thing: The scientists who roared? Hell, I'd roar too if I just heard that billions in taxpayer funds is coming my way for crap we don't need.

Crap we don't need???

Oh, dude. You've been nothing but a troll since you came on here and this just furthers it. This science will save millions of lives in the future... maybe even your own child's or grandchild's.

But...

Study up on stem cell research. It's far, far advanced today, from Dr. Huang's bogus work, which is what current embryonic stem cell science is based on.

Federal funding for embryonic stem cell research was NOT banned, in fact Bush is the only President ever to approve funding for it. FURTHER funding past that point, was.

You think YOU know better than all of these scientists, huh? You're a fucking arrogant prick.

Two things:

Crap we don't need???

Oh, dude. You've been nothing but a troll since you came on here and this just furthers it. This science will save millions of lives in the future... maybe even your own child's or grandchild's.
I'm a troll? You're a puppet who perfectly parrots the idiotic, emotional crap coming out of the far-left.

THINK for a second. I know it's hard for you but try. IF this was so, so vital and important, and could do so, so much good, why didn't the Uber-rich folks in Hollywood or the far-left, privately FUND it with the billions they could have raised for it?

You think YOU know better than all of these scientists, huh? You're a fucking arrogant prick.
I know all those scientists know the sow's big tits when they see them. And snuggle in and start suckling like the piglets they are.

But...

Two things:

You don't think we need it but then again, you are in the minority now, so stfu. :eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

But...

In other words, now the taxpayers will foot the bill for yet program that may or may not have any value. The reason all these scientists are so happy is because now they know they'll get government grants (freebies) to fund their research. This will insure they're job for years to come at the expense of, you guessed it, the taxpayer.

As for the research itself, it may prove beneficial. My point is the government has it's hands in anything and everything, and everything it is involved in revolves around spending more taxpayer money. In case you haven't figured it out, we're running deficits into the trillions now, so personally, I'm against anything that will lead to more spending at the expense of all of us.

Two things:

You don't think we need it but then again, you are in the minority now, so stfu. :eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:
Why wasn't it privately funded, if it were so vital? If it was so good? Eight years, they could have raised BILLIONS for it in Hollywood alone.

The "minority" shouldn't have a voice? How perfectly fascist of you! Not at all surprising.

Last edited:

I know all those scientists know the sow's big tits when they see them. And snuggle in and start suckling like the piglets they are.

What are you if you aren't a Republican?

Sort of like the media isn't corporate owned and controlled, you sure seem to smell like a duck, look like one, walk like one.

Are you a libertarian? Those are just people too embarrassed to admit they are Republicans.

Forum List

Back