Obama Overtures to Business Fall Flat

This is not a diversion but I admit it will look like one...
But please answer me....

What are your thoughts of the salaries of professional athletes? Not golf seeing as yoiu must perform better than the field to make that money....

But what about the athletes on teams?

What are your thoughts on what Oprah makes per show? What do you think the stage clerk makes compared to that?

All of it is obscene. How much do you think Oprah's secretary makes??? Probably the market rate or below. So much for sharing the spoils with those who fight the wars... Anyway, I'm off now.

Your thoughts on a man who walks in a store, buys a lottery ticket for a buck and wins 40 million dollars?

Shit!!!

Wish that were me!! LOL

Are you looking to adopt someone?
I am available.

No I think five children is enough.

I am 52 years old. Imagine a dependant that you do not need to worry about.
As I said, I am available.

Hell you're older than I am! I owe my good fortune in life in part to Red Adair, a man that gave an ex-con a break and was a true inspiration that taught me the virtues of hard work. He also was key in my venture into real estate where I bought and sold acreage that helped me amass the wealth I enjoy today and he also put in a good word that allowed me to be granted a full pardon by then Gov. Mark White. But I digress. I'll keep you in mind if I ever feel the need to aquire another dependant.

No I think five children is enough.

I am 52 years old. Imagine a dependant that you do not need to worry about.
As I said, I am available.

Hell you're older than I am! I owe my good fortune in life in part to Red Adair, a man that gave an ex-con a break and was a true inspiration that taught me the virtues of hard work. He also was key in my venture into real estate where I bought and sold acreage that helped me amass the wealth I enjoy today and he also put in a good word that allowed me to be granted a full pardon by then Gov. Mark White. But I digress. I'll keep you in mind if I ever feel the need to aquire another dependant.

I have not acquired the financial wealth you have but I, too, consider myself a success story.

Short military stint. Back to college and got my degree. Got fired from my first job as I was a lazy SOB that believed as Peepers did. He was a rich bastard and I am a lowly underpaid worker.

Had nothing to my name and blamed everyone but myself. Met a young man with a physical challange of some kind...but he walked passed me with a hop and a smile. I asked him why he was so happy and the man's answer changed my life and my thinking.

"I just got a loan approval to open my own restaurant" is all he had to say....and the guy just continuyed walking with a severe limp but with a hop in his step

There he was, a man with every reason to be unhappy and blame the "system" and he was happy and moving forward, and there I was, with every tool necessary to acheive success, and I wasn't happy, and instead stagnating and blaming everyone but mnyself.

That day I stopped worrying about hopw much others made and I decided to start to believe in personal responsibility.

Have started and sold companies since...made some good money, made some poor decisions...but always in control of my destiny.

Have a wife, two healthy boys, one out on his own, the other with 2 more years of tuition.

Life is good. All I needed was to wake up and smell the coffee.

Forum List

Back