Obama overruled top Pentagon, DOJ lawyers on Libya war powers

The United States Military is conducting operations in Libya, and firing missiles at Libyan positions. Twist that any way you want, it is a war, we are involved, and it violates the law.

I'm not twisting it, I am just reporting what NATO considers it and what this Admin considers it.
You consider it a war, but that is only your opinion, not a fact

Define war in such a way that multiple countries attacking another country is excluded. I won't hold my breath.

Using that standard, we violated the cease-fire for the first Gulf War before the ink was dry.

I'm not twisting it, I am just reporting what NATO considers it and what this Admin considers it.

Define war in such a way that multiple countries attacking another country is excluded. I won't hold my breath.

Using that standard, we violated the cease-fire for the first Gulf War before the ink was dry.

You leftists would rather lie than ever hold your own to account. You've ALL lost MAD credibility during this clusterfuck administration. I'm ashamed that you call yourselves Americans.. American's are about freedom from tyranny and imposed rule.. you leftists suck Obama's ass so much, he walks with your lips attached. GROW A FUCKIN PAIR already and call him when he's wrong. My god, everyone makes mistakes but not your messiah, NOT EVER..Damn lemmings.. so sick of it.

and nothing i would state would change your mind.
So....that leaves us at a stalemate basically.

Its not a war, you think it is. The U.N resolution states its not, but you do.

:lol:so we are down to 'police action' ...oh wait 'kinetic military action'...:lol:

Again i am just stating what has been said. I dont give a shit about the actual conflict. We shouldnt be there and wasting our money and time on it. But its not a war

So by your definition of War, neither was Korea, Viet-Nam, Grenada, Kosovo, Afghanistan, or either of the Iraq engagements. Thanks so much for clearing that up.

You leftists would rather lie than ever hold your own to account. You've ALL lost MAD credibility during this clusterfuck administration. I'm ashamed that you call yourselves Americans.. American's are about freedom from tyranny and imposed rule.. you leftists suck Obama's ass so much, he walks with your lips attached. GROW A FUCKIN PAIR already and call him when he's wrong. My god, everyone makes mistakes but not your messiah, NOT EVER..Damn lemmings.. so sick of it.

I think he is more the Caliphate.

That's a false dilemma.

You have no idea how to debate at all do you?

A false dilemma is offering you two choices and insisting that they are the only two possible choices. That is not what I did.

I presented the actions of two different people and asked for a comparative ranking. Feel free to offer as many alternatives as you like if you think it adds something germane to the discussion, or even ignore the question. Don't try to look intelligent and dismiss the question as a logical fallacy, it makes you look even stupider than normal.

You do insist those are the only two choices. Of course, it rests on the faulty premise that the act ignores the War Powers Resolution.

No I do not, but keep trying.

I'm really not the person you should be having this argument about consistency with, as I've maintained for years that the War Powers Resolution was unconstitutional in the first place.

If you can show me arguing otherwise feel free to consider a point scored.

I'm really not the person you should be having this argument about consistency with, as I've maintained for years that the War Powers Resolution was unconstitutional in the first place.

Yet until Obama, every president at least informed congress:

The Persian Gulf War Resolution

Agreed 100%

How many Civilians has the UN & NATO killed around the World? It would be pretty easy to argue NATO kills far more Civilians around the World than Gaddafi ever could. Yet they claim this Libya War is all about "Protecting those Civilians." I'm pretty sure NATO is currently killing more Civilians in Libya than Gaddafi is. Gaddafi just doesn't have the Military resources while NATO has all the Military resources they want. This War is all about the Oil. Some Western European Nations wanted it and saw an opportunity to grab it. Unfortunately we have gone along. It's an Illegal and very expensive Nightmare. Well over a $Billion this year alone. What a shame.

How many Civilians has the UN & NATO killed around the World? It would be pretty easy to argue NATO kills far more Civilians around the World than Gaddafi ever could. Yet they claim this Libya War is all about "Protecting those Civilians." I'm pretty sure NATO is currently killing more Civilians in Libya than Gaddafi is. Gaddafi just doesn't have the Military resources while NATO has all the Military resources they want. This War is all about the Oil. Some Western European Nations wanted it and saw an opportunity to grab it. Unfortunately we have gone along. It's an Illegal and very expensive Nightmare. Well over a $Billion this year alone. What a shame.
And they still don't know the identity of the civilains that they are trying to protect that started the melee. Word has it they're AQ operatives. 'Arab Spring' indeed.:uhoh3:

It's a rouse, and they know it.

Every President since Nixon has maintained that the law is unconstitutional anyway.

Now we get to test it out in court

Yep, yet every president before Obama has Followed the Law. Obama has this habit of thinking he is the supreme court, and can choose not to follow a law because he thinks it is unconstitutional.

Sorry that's not how it works, until the courts says so, It's the law.

What are you fucking insane? How was Reagan's funneling of money into the hands of Contras "following the law"??

You've got a lot of nerve posting that..and supporting Ronald Reagan..you know that?

What a fucking hypocrite.

I fully support the action in Libya and wish it was focused on killing Gaddafi. The man responsibile for Lockerbie that George W. Bush accepted blood money from.

Every President since Nixon has maintained that the law is unconstitutional anyway.

Yep, yet every president before Obama has Followed the Law. Obama has this habit of thinking he is the supreme court, and can choose not to follow a law because he thinks it is unconstitutional.

What are you fucking insane? How was Reagan's funneling of money into the hands of Contras "following the law"??
That trial was over a long time ago dipshit.

Indeed. In fact, Congress had pass legislation specifically forbidding the action.

You've got a lot of nerve posting that..and supporting Ronald Reagan..you know that?

What a fucking hypocrite.

I fully support the action in Libya and wish it was focused on killing Gaddafi. The man responsibile for Lockerbie that George W. Bush accepted blood money from.

You've got a lot of nerve posting that and supporting Barack Hussein Obama; obviously you don't see the hypocrisy.

You on the left decried Bush as a dictator, even though he sought congressional approval for all military actions undertaken during his administration; whining persistently that the overwhelming evidence by the US, UK, German, French intelligence agencies were actually an orchestrated lie by Bush and Haliburton and whatever bullshit exaggerated conspiracy theory the left was pushing at the time.

Now the left bemoans the lack of civility, claiming tea party people are extremists comparing Obama to Hitler. Dan Rather was so delusional he lost his career, so eager to embrace one of many leftist conspiracy theory hate attacks.

This Libya War is Illegal and is also an incredibly expensive nightmare. A $Billion being spent on it this year alone. Where are they getting this $Billion from? What a sad travesty.

And i thought killing Terrorists only creates more Terrorists? Well that's what the Left/Democrats told us for years anyway. Now those same Lefties/Democrats are jumping for joy boasting about killing those bad Terrorist guys. You see them here on this Board everyday. So why the sudden change of heart? Seems way too convenient in my opinion. Was it just about DA BOOOOOOOSH all along?

Forum List

Back