Obama over Romney 47 to 42?

remind me again...what is romney religion? do you think the conservative christian base of the gop and tea party is gonna elect romney?

i still say the gop will fuck this up with grid lock etc and get obama re elected....

If 2012 was Obama v Romney... I'd be pretty torn about which one to pick. There's obviously a lot that can happen between now and then. Part of it would also depend on who else would be on the (R) ticket. He's got some experience in the public and private sector and governing with the other guys, and isn't a rightwingnut--all pluses imo.

I voted for Romney for governor so it would be an easy choice for me. Plus, given the train wreck that Obama is, I'm happy to take a chance on putting someone else there rather than letting him have the reigns another four years.

The last sentence is the main reason I'd be torn.

Obama had the "hope" factor in 2008 and people like me were willing to take a chance on him because Bush II sucked so much and I couldn't vote for a McSame/Palin ticket that seemed too much like that same brand of Republican.

But now he's a known quantity--he doesn't have the "hope" factor anymore.

I wouldn't say his administrations been a trainwreck, just that the Hope & Change train got about a mile from the transit station before breaking down because he wasn't attentive to the maintenance.

/went too far with the analogy

remind me again...what is romney religion? do you think the conservative christian base of the gop and tea party is gonna elect romney?

i still say the gop will fuck this up with grid lock etc and get obama re elected....

there will be a lot of resistance. Although I remember the pundits like Rush, Hannity, and Ingraham were on romney's side during the primaries in 2008. that was before Palin came on the scene though.

I'll keep saying it until it sinks in: Soros fired Obama, he's done, he gets to finish out his one (1) term and then he can run the UN. LMSM anchorman Jon Stewart is already making fun of Obama; Soros funded Media Matters is infuriated that Obama is still too right wing and there will be more mockery and articles and news stories on what a disaster Obama is until he "decides" not to run for reelection

Last edited:
i'm not sure why real conservatives wouldn't support romney. he's smart economically and he stays out of people's personal business.

i figure that's exactly what 'conservatives' should be doing.

unlike the reactionaries and right wing religious activists who like to call themselves 'conservative'.
I don't support Romney... don't like him at all. I think he's just another career politician that has a life time membership in the good ole boys club. He's a run of the mill Washington insider. Just the kind of politician in my opinion that needs to go.

Frankly, as a conservative, I have no idea who I'll vote for in 2012. It's too early. But I can tell you one thing... IT WON'T BE OBAMA! Might as well be voting for GEORGE SOROS.

I might vote GOP if it's Romney. I sure as hell won't if it's Palin. And hell will freeze over before I vote for Obama.

Odd... I'd vote for Palin before I'd vote for Romney. And if by some act of fate the election comes down to Palin vs Hitlery, hell will be GONE before I vote for clinton... or any democrap for that matter.

I would vote for romeny if it was romney vs obama.
I would not vote for Palin or Obama if it was palin vs obama.

Honestly if the GOP picks Romeny or Palin, at least from my mindset right now, as their canidate Obama will win a 2nd term.

I dunno if that helps answer your question but there it is :).

i'm not sure why real conservatives wouldn't support romney. he's smart economically and he stays out of people's personal business.

I think you answered your own question.

well maybe. or maybe i proved that just because a group of people calls themselves conservative, doesn't mean they're conservative.

i've always thought the *base* of the GOP is a bunch of reactionaries calling themselves cons.

a 5 point swing this far out is actually pretty close....

Lot's still to come... plenty of time for people to fall in and out of favor....

no question, but given the results of the last election, he's doing extraordinarily well.

besides, i thought it was important to point out that the wingnut threads already predicting him a one-termer were a bit premature....

which i hope you'll point out on those threads, too, gomez. :thup:

a 5 point swing this far out is actually pretty close....

Lot's still to come... plenty of time for people to fall in and out of favor....

no question, but given the results of the last election, he's doing extraordinarily well.

besides, i thought it was important to point out that the wingnut threads already predicting him a one-termer were a bit premature....

which i hope you'll point out on those threads, too, gomez.

There is a lot more shellac to cover the dems in 2012. What part of the 2010 mid-terms didn't you understand? If the GOP loses the 2012 election they're morons.
Let me think..... how about the GOP run on the same issues as 2010.....yeah, thats the ticket....

Miss_Cleo.jpg

from the same poll

On the political front, Mr. Obama faces a mixed picture as he considers his re-election. Only 42% said they would probably vote for the president if he ran again; 39% said they would probably vote for a Republican.

Poll Finds Support for Obama's Move to Center - WSJ.com

Which reflects my point.

Obama has zero chance of being reelected.

JFK has a better chance.

Literally.

He won't even run. Now I'll give the ANTI birthers some fodder here, but the whole birth certificate issue will come up again, and there will be states, like Arizona, that will say, "we want to see a real birth certificate, not some bull shit posted online that proves nothing before we put you on our states ballot." Mark my words. It will happen, and obama knows it. My guess is he won't even want to revisit that issue. He'll bow out of the 2012 elections to avoid it. He had major money and power covering his ass in '08. He won't next time.
March 25, 2011

"Critics of the health care (See: Teabaggers) bill need to recheck their math. The CBO’s new numbers do not suggest any noticeable increase in the cost estimates."

Teabagger Math:

boy-has-31-toes-and-fingers-19113-1269410101-32.jpg

It's FUNNY 'D MENTAL!!!!

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif

Apparently, despite the best efforts of the rightwingnuts, the president still appears to be in good shape for 2012. And while I am not much on the predictive value of a poll taken two years before an election, I think it's time to start responding to the losers who keep talking about how they've already somehow destroyed him politically.

my favorite is the numbers versus palin in bold...

when you put a Republican name into the equation, the numbers change -- in favor of Obama. The president leads former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney 47 to 40 percent. Sen. John Thune of South Dakota trails by 20 points, 47 to 27 percent.

Related Stories
A Third of Democrats Say Obama Compromised Too Much on the Tax Deal
Obama Urges Passage of Tax-Cut Deal, Pledges to Work with Business Community
The president leads former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin 55 to 33 percent. NBC says that 22 percent spread is "an indication that the former Republican vice presidential nominee remains a polarizing figure who actually wins support for Mr. Obama."

The survey finds that nearly three-quarters of Americans personally like the president, even if they don't agree with his stands on the issues.
Obama in Good Shape for 2012 Despite Current Woes, Poll Finds

The times call for giants, and all there are to choose from are dwarfs.

I never understood how so called conservatives could support Romney. I never would even consider voting for him until he admits what an enormous fuck up the Assachusetts health care system became under his watch. He won't do that and I probably still wouldn't vote for him if he did.

Well, think about this one for a moment. So Romney fucked up his health care plan in Mass? Suppose he did? He did. Then why did obie wan and the stupid demonRats ram the same shit down America's throats in spite of knowing Mitt Romney already fucked it up in Mass. Don't you guys every think about stuff like that?

R's control house and senate. O wins in 12. Really fix healthcare, massive cuts in government, pay off debt. I can live with that. Those are probably hallucinogenic dreams though.

Apparently, despite the best efforts of the rightwingnuts, the president still appears to be in good shape for 2012. And while I am not much on the predictive value of a poll taken two years before an election, I think it's time to start responding to the losers who keep talking about how they've already somehow destroyed him politically.

my favorite is the numbers versus palin in bold...

when you put a Republican name into the equation, the numbers change -- in favor of Obama. The president leads former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney 47 to 40 percent. Sen. John Thune of South Dakota trails by 20 points, 47 to 27 percent.

Related Stories
A Third of Democrats Say Obama Compromised Too Much on the Tax Deal
Obama Urges Passage of Tax-Cut Deal, Pledges to Work with Business Community
The president leads former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin 55 to 33 percent. NBC says that 22 percent spread is "an indication that the former Republican vice presidential nominee remains a polarizing figure who actually wins support for Mr. Obama."

The survey finds that nearly three-quarters of Americans personally like the president, even if they don't agree with his stands on the issues.

Obama in Good Shape for 2012 Despite Current Woes, Poll Finds
Just proves there is ALOT of stupid Americans.The evil fascist pig obama is destroying this nation.And I remind you of the last election and rub its results in your face liberal,lol

obie wan will have lots of "splaining" to do

Three wars

Higher food prices

Higher health care premiums

High High gas prices at the pump

High Unemployment

Divisiveness

Guantanamo

Waivers..

He's gonna be busy.

Forum List

Back