Obama, Our First Post-Racial Failure

Post an alternate chart.

I miss that 2006 deficit...even the 2008 deficit.

Psst. Obama's 2009 deficit includes $800B of stimulus, as well it should.
Psst. You miss LYING about deficit spending, you mean!!!

Bush kept $1 trillion in deficit spending off the books in 2008. As well he shouldn't.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)
01/20/2009 10,626,877,048,913.08
01/18/2008 09,188,640,287,930.39
-------------------------------------------

Pssst.

GR2009032100104.gif

You know that really big down year, 2009? FY2009 was Bush's last budget.

BTW, its hard to take anything from "American Thinker" seriously.

Nope. It includes all of Obama's emergency and other appropriations in 2009.

That chart is on a lot of sites.

You can go month by month and see the spending by the government for the six months between when the budget was passed and when the stimulus was passed. Then you can go month by month for the next six months and you will see that the stimulus tacked on $100 billion to the $1.2 trillion that was either already spent or was to be spent based on prior year appropriations. Its all there for you to see. I imagine you haven't checked it for yourself.

The fact that that chart is on a lot of sites just means that there are a lot of highly politically biased people who don't know when the fiscal year starts, nor what laws were passed for that spending.

GR2009032100104.gif

Post an alternate chart.

I miss that 2006 deficit...even the 2008 deficit.

Psst. Obama's 2009 deficit includes $800B of stimulus, as well it should.
Psst. You miss LYING about deficit spending, you mean!!!

Bush kept $1 trillion in deficit spending off the books in 2008. As well he shouldn't.

01/18/2008 09,188,640,287,930.39
-------------------------------------------

No...those numbers include all spending, and Obama had off budget war appropriations, too.

Show me an alternate chart.
As I have shown so many times before, whenever CON$ervoFascists are caught lying they just keep on lying.

Well at least you admit that your phony chart of Bush deficit spending didn't include ALL of Bush's deficit spending before you LIED about Obama having off budget war spending.

Here is the 2009 spending from the same source showing that your dishonest chart did not leave out any of Obama's spending like it did Bush.

01/20/2010 12,327,380,804,696.82
---------------------------------------------

That chart was actually in WaPo.

Was WaPo a right wing shill like, uh, Bob Schieffer?

No, I'm sure when it was posted, it was meant as an accurate assessment at the time.

However, continuously posting it as an implication that budget deficit exploded in calendar year 2009 when Obama was sworn in is intellectually dishonest.

Obama owns the stimulus, health care reform, and all that is on his watch. However, his first budget proposal was not until over half the fiscal year had passed, and the first budget was not passed until September 2009 for FY2010. It is wrong to blame 2009 all on Bush, but the fiscal year 2009 was the last budget passed under Bush.

Stimulus was close to $1T. Even if half of that wasn't spent, it's still way more than $100B.

And Obama had other emergency appropriations which drove up the 2009 deficit.

Like I said, post an alternate chart. If there was one out there that made Obama look better, some flack would have createde it.

And the 2010 deficit is all his.

By what metrics is this failure being measured? He's been president less then 2 years..has a better approval rating then Reagan (at the same point in Reagan's presidency) has about the same unemployment numbers and didn't inherit nearly as bad an economy. Plus Reagan had no wars to deal with.

he also passed a goodly chunk of his agenda.

but if they keep saying it, the other rightwingnuts believe them.

Stimulus was close to $1T. Even if half of that wasn't spent, it's still way more than $100B.

Like I said, post an alternate chart. If there was one out there that made Obama look better, some flack would have createde it.

the bulk of the stimulus was passed when bush was president.

and huge amounts have been repaid.

doesn't the right get anything correct?

Bullshit. TARP was passed under Bush. THAT has largely been repaid.

Stimulus was passed under Obama. That's gone forever.

Obama's deficts don't even come close to reverting to what Bush's were, and then they start going back up again.

Bullshit. TARP was passed under Bush. THAT has largely been repaid.

Stimulus was passed under Obama. That's gone forever.

Obama's deficts don't even come close to reverting to what Bush's were, and then they start going back up again.

you're extraordinarily dishonest as Toro has already shown. the money poured into the auto copanies has largely been repaid as well. and you didn't want TARP either, yet it probably kept us out of a huge depression.

I think I'll trust Toro's assessment rather than yours since I've never known him to be anything but honest and you're apparently not credible.

when people aren't spending, government needs to spend. and it comes back around and gets largely repaid as the economy gets better. not that we don't need to consider spending, we do since we can't sustain running the country on deficits forever.

but you people don't have a clue.

and apparently spending money on wars of choice doesn't bother you people, so i'm not really interested in your faux concern about deficits.

Last edited:
Nope. GM is still into taxpapers for tens of billions. They would have to sell shares for hundreds each that are now worth less than a buck to break even.

Make up your mind.

Either Obama's deficit spending doesnt' exist, or it does exist, because you think it has to exist.

I don't care who Toro is, but zhe is wrong about who passed TARP and who passed Stimulus. You drones can't make up your minds which one worked and which one you want to blame Bush for.

Dude, think for yourself rather than relying on someone's chart. Here is all the budget data.

http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts.pdf

Excuse me, $200 billion was attributable to the stimulus in FY09, of which over $80 billion was in tax cuts. It was about $120 billion in new spending, the majority of which was for extension of entitlements and transfers to states.

http://www.recovery.gov/About/board/Documents/2009 Annual Report.pdf

If you were to break down the composition of the deficit in FY09, it would roughly be $150 billion to the Bush tax cuts, $150 billion to the wars, $50 billion for Medicare part D - i.e. $350 billion attributable to Bush and his Congress - $200 billion to the stimulus, and $850 billion to everything, almost all of which was passed into law before Bush or Obama came into office.

Dude, think for yourself rather than relying on someone's chart. Here is all the budget data.

http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts.pdf

Excuse me, $200 billion was attributable to the stimulus in FY09, of which over $80 billion was in tax cuts. It was about $120 billion in new spending, the majority of which was for extension of entitlements and transfers to states.

http://www.recovery.gov/About/board/Documents/2009 Annual Report.pdf

If you were to break down the composition of the deficit in FY09, it would roughly be $150 billion to the Bush tax cuts, $150 billion to the wars, $50 billion for Medicare part D - i.e. $350 billion attributable to Bush and his Congress - $200 billion to the stimulus, and $850 billion to everything, almost all of which was passed into law before Bush or Obama came into office.

But those tax cuts, wars, and Medicare D were in Bush's previous budgets for some years.

They were not new for 2009.

Nope. GM is still into taxpapers for tens of billions. They would have to sell shares for hundreds each that are now worth less than a buck to break even.

Make up your mind.

Either Obama's deficit spending doesnt' exist, or it does exist, because you think it has to exist.

I don't care who Toro is, but zhe is wrong about who passed TARP and who passed Stimulus. You drones can't make up your minds which one worked and which one you want to blame Bush for.

Interesting. I have mentioned nothing about TARP. I know who passed TARP and who passed the stimulus. I also know when fiscal years start and how economic cycles affects the federal budget. I can assure you that the graph you posted is a misrepresentation of your argument.

Make up your mind.

Interesting. I have mentioned nothing about TARP. I know who passed TARP and who passed the stimulus. I also know when fiscal years start and how economic cycles affects the federal budget. I can assure you that the graph you posted is a misrepresentation of your argument.

It was a response to someone else.

Post an alternate graph.

But those tax cuts, wars, and Medicare D were in Bush's previous budgets for some years.

Dude, all of those where not one off items. They affected the budget year in, year out. Bush's tax cuts cost the Treasury $1.5 to $2 trillion in revenues to the Treasury in the 7-10 years they have been in existence until 2011 because the tax cuts means revenues foregone to the Treasury each and every year.

Make up your mind.

It was a response to someone else.

Post an alternate graph.

I've posted the budget table since 1980 and the stimulus report for FY2009. Its all there for you to see.

Dude, all of those where not one off items. They affected the budget year in, year out. Bush's tax cuts cost the Treasury $1.5 to $2 trillion in revenues to the Treasury in the 7-10 years they have been in existence until 2011 because the tax cuts means revenues foregone to the Treasury each and every year.

Caught you in bullshit.

Those were not new budget items in 09, neither were his tax cuts. So they did not uniquely affect the defict in 09, any more than 08, 07, 06, etc.

Deficits were fairly level until 2009.

Caught you in bullshit.

Those were not new budget items in 09, neither were his tax cuts.

Deficits were fairly level until 2009.

Nothing personal, and I mean no offense, but you don't know what you're talking about.

If you take in revenue every year of $100 and you are spending $100 every year, you are in balance. If you decide to take a pay cut for every year from here on in of $20, you will have $80 in revenues year in and year out. If your spending stays the same, then you will have a deficit of $20 every year. That's what the tax cuts were. It doesn't matter if they happened several years ago. If the Bush tax cuts had not happened, the deficit would be lower today.

Forum List

Back