Obama orders health insurance for government's seasonal firefighters

Fuck off you elitist pricks, my brother was a firefighter and, as I said, I had the misfortune to live in a town that is taken over by them every year.

You fucking idiots and your notion of "noble savages" and all that ridiculous shit. DO YOU THINK THESE GUYS WOULD DO THIS JOB IF THEY COULD GET ANYTHING ELSE?

Nope. And they DON'T do anything else the rest of the year except shoot up, beat on their women and burglarize their neighbors.

Oh look a bunch of idiots who know nothing about seasonal firefighters acting like they know what the hell they're talking about.

Seasonal firefighters work a few months out of the year. They are drug addicts, alcoholics, and felons, largely, who do not work the rest of the year. They don't make enough in a year to pay for this fucking insurance.

Plus they work in a high risk job..high risk of injury and illness...not to mention high risk of overdose and fatal fucking tooth decay from years of meth abuse. They routinely get drunk and drive a truck full off cliffs, killing and maiming a good half dozen a shot.

Fucking liberals are idiots. I get neg reps from idiots who accuse me of being stupid and on welfare (wtf?) but for the people who ARE on welfare (at least most of the year) and who don't pay their child support and who are drug addicted freaks...why nothing is too good for THOSE people. Make the normal people pay through the nose!!!!

This is sarcasm, right?

Uh, no. She is completely serious.

Are they offered to buy it and pay the entire premium or just the employee contribution part like a Federal employee does.....big difference ?

Fuck off you elitist pricks, my brother was a firefighter and, as I said, I had the misfortune to live in a town that is taken over by them every year.

You fucking idiots and your notion of "noble savages" and all that ridiculous shit. DO YOU THINK THESE GUYS WOULD DO THIS JOB IF THEY COULD GET ANYTHING ELSE?

Nope. And they DON'T do anything else the rest of the year except shoot up, beat on their women and burglarize their neighbors.

That's some pretty severe hyperbole. I know a couple fire fighters and they are fine men. I've also been hired by a fire chief in the past and he was a nice man with a very nice family.

Many people like to lump people into stereotypical catagories (like me as an ex-con) and often they couldn't be farther from the truth.

Seasonal firefighters?

Yeah, really? The ones who stay in tents with no running water for weeks and weeks on end?

0.jpg

Was it this guy?

Aren't we already providing them with healthcare in prison?

"Lionell started serving an 11-year sentence on Feb. 10, 2010, for transportation and possession for sale of controlled substances in Tulare County, according to the news release.:

UPDATE: Inmate firefighter who died during training is identified | The Tribune & SanLuisObispo.com

Last edited:
An imperfect human being? What are you?

No, you're just a clueless hack trying to tarnish the reputation of a group for the actions of a few. Not that you know what you're talking about and not that a person's criminal record is a prerequisite for buying into a health plan.

I'm not a felon on a fire crew, at any rate.

Congrats, you found one person who turned out to be a bad egg. I know a guy who did seasonal firefighting a few years ago during the summer fighting wildfires. He has a Bachelor's degree and a career in finance.

Check.

I'm not a felon on a fire crew, at any rate.

Well of course you're not. There's no internet connection in those tents and you would have to get off your butt and actually work to save people's homes.

I'm terribly sorry your brother is an illegal and a felon but he does real work. Important work. And, he has my admiration, my respect and my gratitude.

You?

No so much.

I thought Obamacare already made it possible for every American to afford insurance?

That would be true (and less expensive) if Obamcare was socialized health care but-----but it isn't. OTOH, if Obama doesn't step in, when seasonal firefighters go to the emergency room they're covered by socialized emergency care, paid for by health insurance premium payer's and taxpayer's dime but-----but now under Obama's order, seasonal firefighters will be paying their own insurance premiums.

Republicans crack me up, Republicans prefer freerider healthcare to free market healthcare. while simultaneously whining about how lefties don't believe in the free market. -pewsh!-

Republicans just can't seem to come to terms with the fact that their messiah not only raised taxes eleven times in eight years but-----but also created the most expensive per patient socialized Emergency Medical Treatment system in American history. Republicans are pa-fuckingthetic!

I thought Obamacare already made it possible for every American to afford insurance?

That would be true (and less expensive) if Obamcare was socialized health care but-----but it isn't. OTOH, if Obama doesn't step in, when seasonal firefighters go to the emergency room they're covered by socialized emergency care, paid for by health insurance premium payer's and taxpayer's dime but-----but now under Obama's order, seasonal firefighters will be paying their own insurance premiums.

Republicans crack me up, Republicans prefer freerider healthcare to free market healthcare. while simultaneously whining about how lefties don't believe in the free market. -pewsh!-

Republicans just can't seem to come to terms with the fact that their messiah not only raised taxes eleven times in eight years but-----but also created the most expensive per patient socialized Emergency Medical Treatment system in American history. Republicans are pa-fuckingthetic!

The lazy rw's don't care that the rest of us are FED UP with paying for their health care. They've got a good thing going and don't want to give it up.

Last edited:
Why should part time, temporary prison crews get paid federal health insurance of the same type that senators get?

Half of them are actual inmates, the other half are illegals.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay them. I'm saying part time temporary workers don't qualify for federal medical insurance. We shouldn't be paying their medical insurance (and is it year round????). Their families are already on welfare, half of these guys can't even vote...and a LOT of them are actually inmates.

Why should part time, temporary prison crews get paid federal health insurance of the same type that senators get?

Half of them are actual inmates, the other half are illegals.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay them. I'm saying part time temporary workers don't qualify for federal medical insurance. We shouldn't be paying their medical insurance (and is it year round????). Their families are already on welfare, half of these guys can't even vote...and a LOT of them are actually inmates.

If you would bother to read the article, you just might get a couple of facts.

Why shouldn't all of us be able to BUY the same caliber of insurance senators can? What does the number of hours worked have to do with the insurance you buy? If you can afford it, you should be able to buy it.

Earlier you wrote that 'half of them 8000 people are felons and half are illegals'. Prove it.

Now you say their families are on welfare. Prove it.

And, you've changed your wacky story to say that "half of [the 8000] can't vote". Prove it.

And, in this one post, you've changed your story from '4000 are inmates' to "a LOT of them are actually inmates". Prove it.

FACT is, you're making it up as you go along but that doesn't change my question:

Why shouldn't all of us be able to BUY the same caliber of insurance senators can?

Uh idiot, a co-worker of mine was a "Hot Shot" years ago and said they are losing their GS jobs on 1 October 2012 due to DoD budget cuts thanks to Obamination.

The "Hot Shots" are Air Force civilian firefighters based out of Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. They came to Colorado to fight the fires since the CO and US Forestry fire fighters were incompetent to stop the fire before torching over 100 houses causing millions in losses.

Oh, but do they get to keep their health insurance if they lose their job????:eusa_whistle: It's kinda hard to get that insurance benefit if the Feds aren't paying you anymore.....

Good job, Mr. President :clap2:

Obama orders health insurance for government's seasonal firefighters | Reuters

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama has ordered his administration to offer health insurance to seasonal firefighters employed by the U.S. government, after an outcry over the lack of affordable coverage available to thousands of such workers.

Obama's directive, confirmed by the White House on Tuesday, capped a 2-month-old electronic petition drive started by a member of a U.S. Forest Service "hot-shot" crew based in South Dakota that has drawn more than 125,000 signatures.

[T]he president acted after the issue was brought to his attention following his trip late last month to Colorado Springs, Colorado, where Obama toured damage caused by that state's most destructive wildfire on record.

"It's a huge deal, and there's going to be a lot of really, really happy firefighters out there tonight," said John Lauer, 27, seasonal member of a "hot-shot" crew from Custer, South Dakota, who initiated the petition drive seeking health benefits. "I'm sure they're all very thankful for what the president's done."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back